ADVERTISEMENT

Black Friday: The End & Iowa's view of why

I just don't understand posts like this. Like the Big 12 was sooooo much better... people are still waiting for the conference to explode.

I am glad we are here, even if we have lost rivalries. We will develop new ones.
There are lots of reasons, but in the old conference, we had a very big seat at the table. In the new one, that will NEVER happen. NU won't have any sway whatsoever. We are dictated to in this conference, instead of the ones doing the dictating. Think about that for awhile.

Should play Oklahoma every year on black Friday. If it has to be a Big foe, it should be Penn St with Wisconsin as second choice. Iowa has no business being in this slot for Nebraska.
For all the old Oklahoma love - do you realize how many of those games we would lost? You can make an argument that we are better positioned with Minn than Iowa. When's the last time Minn or Neb had a top 10 final ranking?

For all the old Oklahoma love - do you realize how many of those games we would lost? You can make an argument that we are better positioned with Minn than Iowa. When's the last time Minn or Neb had a top 10 final ranking?

And Oklahoma was the one that didn't want the annual series to continue when the Big 12 was formed. It wasn't Nebraska's or the Big 12's decision. There were going to be crossover, protected rivalries but OU wanted no part of it.

Do you guys really miss being in the b12? I know you had good rivalries with tex, Colo, oky, but in the whole do you wish you were there instead of b10?

Do you guys really miss being in the b12? I know you had good rivalries with tex, Colo, oky, but in the whole do you wish you were there instead of b10?
Overall pretty happy with B1G. Going through all the coaching changes has sucked and I hope MR gets it on the right track soon, but considering Nebraska has averaged second in divisional finish since 2011, I'd say it's been a good move.

The B1G official record shows the average divisional finish since 2011 as:

Wisconsin-1
Nebraska-2
Iowa-3

NU needs to put up. It is 2017 and we haven't won anything of substance since 1999. Until we annually beat on a team that we should beat up on, Iowa, we really can't complain on our standing. Results will garner more privileges, not historical data. It's quite sad to see how our image has blemished to the depths of not being considered a top two team in our own division. Game by game, we need to show results to shut people up.

Reactions: Red I 73
There are lots of reasons, but in the old conference, we had a very big seat at the table. In the new one, that will NEVER happen. NU won't have any sway whatsoever. We are dictated to in this conference, instead of the ones doing the dictating. Think about that for awhile.

UN may have had a big seat at the table in the Big 12 but it seems to me as if Texas ran the show.

Funny nobody mentions the significant increase in revenue attributable to being a member of the Big Ten.

Reactions: Red I 73
maybe we wouldn't be dictated to as much if our AD would get his head out of his ass

Reactions: NikkiSixx
UN may have had a big seat at the table in the Big 12 but it seems to me as if Texas ran the show.

Funny nobody mentions the significant increase in revenue attributable to being a member of the Big Ten.
The revenue matters a great deal to the academic side of the school. Those sorts of people really don't care about football, they would rather just field an adequate team and collect the B1G stipend.

It's not love, it's called hate, a real rival. And you sound like an Iowa fan wanting to play a ton of patsy teams to bloat your record even though you actually suck.

Reactions: SOHusker11
The revenue matters a great deal to the academic side of the school. Those sorts of people really don't care about football, they would rather just field an adequate team and collect the B1G stipend.
Those sorts of people like being in the B1G for the academic benefits, no doubt. But "those people" are hugely interested in the football program being successful. Aside for a few professors who may not like the whole football deal, the UNL administration is keenly aware of how important football is to the university. The brand new $84M Hawks business building's board room looks directly at Memorial Stadium.

Obviously there is a style of football difference as well. Would you prefer to play "basketball on grass" or more "old school"?
While there is something to this, OU's "basketball on grass" took Ohio States' "old school" to the woodshed last week. That second half was a butt-whooping of epic proportions. I believe it was last year that the Big XII had the best defense of any conference in the bowl games. It was surprising especially considering how fast they like to play on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT