ADVERTISEMENT

Billboard Tomorrow In Chi Flipping The B1G The Bird From NU Faithful

No 71 finished with the top 3 and that's all there was in the final rankings, but there were 2 other years including 95 that 4 teams finished in the top 10. Also the Big XII did it once while we were there as well.

Correct.. knew what you meant..

71 was Nebraska beating the 2,3 and 4 teams in the country..

The worst beating the Bear ever took to anyone in his coaching career.

That NU team could be argued as being the geatest of all time. I've never seen another National Champion team with that resume.

Beating the no's 2, 3 an 4th ranked teams in the final polls!

Years later to this day wished we would have played a Michigan or Ohio St team that year.. Like to seen that team take them behind the woodshed besides Minnesota..

Reactions: Wyldcard
The true reason the B1G hates us, is that when they accepted us into the conference we were supposed to be the piece that put averything over the top here and we thus far haven't held up to our end of the bargain. With a Nebraksa getting back to it's old self becomes t proverbial nail SEC's coffin to a point that, we will not only overtaake the SEC but put us out of their reach for a very long time if not forever..

Just an FYI ya'll...tomorrow morning a digital billboard is going up just south of downtown in Chicago, HQ of the Big 10. It addresses the multiple grievances of Nebraska since joining the Big 10 in 2011.

It will make fans of other Big 10 teams cry, and unfortunately some fragile Husker fans will sob too who won't stand up for DONU.

Maybe you let repeated things slide like the scheduling and officiating the last 10 years and you are worried somebody will call you a "whiner," but I'm like the Edgar Allen Poe character who buried a live rival behind a wall.

If something is SIGNIFICANT, SUSTAINED and INTENTIONAL, someone should feel free to speak up....or bury a live mofo behind bricks.

If you don't agree with the billboard tomorrow, just remember three things:

1. Me (and Bill Moos) are right.
2. You (and your dog) are wrong.
3. "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow is one of the great videos of the 20th Century.

For those that don't get go into a fetal position about it and want to throw some internet 'bows....remember Nebraska had the hardest schedule possible in 2011 and 2012 with crossovers of PSU, OSU and Wisky and went 12-4 and won a Division. Also, no NU fans said a word about the schedule. And how many times has NU played OSU since 2011 in comparison to other West/Legends teams when we are competing for the same thing with winning a division? It doesnt have to be exact but some radio guy said NU has played OSU eight times and Iowa has played them twice (and I did not fact check that yet but prolly close.)

Nobody is upset with tough games, but specifically here having no balance in a re-vised schedule just weeks before a season is a major problem...along with the BS officiating and scheduling up to this point. And don't forget NU started 22-10 (2011-14) until internal issues imploded the program, so nobody is worried about the f-ing Big 10.

The Big 10 is nothing special as I ABSOLUTLEY wrecked Mikel Severe for some dumb comments right befor COVID about the Big 10 being better than the old Big 8. BTW, the Big 8 won 60% of their games against in modern era (2-platoons) from 1963-1995 versus the Big 10. And the Pac 10 and SEC were like 55% to 58% versus the B1G in that time.

Anyway....goals of billboard?

1. That the common sense suggestion given by Moos that only divisional games count towards winning your division gains some steam. Yes, a longshot.

2. Fans of other teams cry about NU fans. Yes, a sure thing.

Lastly, it won't be some slick ad with graphics from Bozell, just some facts to make folks uncomfortable who see it in Chicago or on social media.

Just an FYI ya'll...
Hey, I may not be “on board” with all this, but must say I enjoyed the post.
CofA is one of my all time faves and actually indirectly changed my life a bit... via Bradbury referencing it in Martian Chronicles: April 2005.
Powerful stuff.

Cross over games should be a factor if there is a tie and that is the only time they should matter when deciding the winner of the division. This conference is ran by freaking idiots. Always has been always wil be.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
Unlike us and you, we can go anywhere we want to.
HauntingSeriousInganue-size_restricted.gif

Premium Rivals boards all over the country are laughing at this. It has already made the rounds. You and OP are embarrassing the entire Nebraska fanbase.

Yeah, you run with that, and when you do, just realize it's probably a fake account belonging to a Hawk fan. Probably your account. You sure got us. I bet your also a Democrat, plant a fake post and then run to every board saying, "look what I found".

I want to see a pic/video of it tomorrow please! Thank you for doing this!
You are welcome! It is too bad it has come to this. Also, maybe worse it is too bad some Husker fans are chumps and won't say anything.

Im not in Chicago and they will send me something on Monday...but anyone in Chicago can take a pic.

Gracias again senor!!!!

Reactions: 8675309husker
Oh wow a billboard? How cool. And south of the loop you say? Perfect location, you wouldn't want to put it miles and miles away on 294 at Rosemont, where the B1G offices are ACTUALLY LOCATED and also there's tons of billboard space.

Great call putting it in the near south/douglas area so that all the people NOT going to McCormack place due to COVID can NOT see the petulant billboard you wasted money on. Zero B1G employees are going to notice it. This isn't some little highway by Hyannis, nobody in Chicago has a clue when one billboard goes up an hour's drive from their work.

The season is already happening, wtf would you waste money on this for now? You could have donated it to youth sports and actually helped more kids actually play football. You think the B1G gives a shit about a billboard? They do what their member presidents tell them.

Last edited:
You are welcome! It is too bad it has come to this. Also, maybe worse it is too bad some Husker fans are chumps and won't say anything.

Im not in Chicago and they will send me something on Monday...but anyone in Chicago can take a pic.

Gracias again senor!!!!
Yeah you didn't have to tell us you're not in Chicago, it's pretty obvious. Hey you know what? Let's say I'm the owner of 90% of the billboards in Chicago. Let's have you Venmo me a bunch more of your money and I'll let you believe that everyone around here will get right on giving a crap what Nebraska thinks of Kevin Warren.

Our fanbase will seem very sophisticated and above the fray when millions of Chicagoans see your equivalent of the wife who spraypaints "CHEATER" on the garage and "SLUT" on the girlfriend's car when she catches her man running around on her. "Wow," they'll all say, "there is a classy woman who clearly deserved better. I should make plans to court her straight away. What an upscale life we'll have together!"

Just an FYI ya'll...tomorrow morning a digital billboard is going up just south of downtown in Chicago, HQ of the Big 10. It addresses the multiple grievances of Nebraska since joining the Big 10 in 2011.

It will make fans of other Big 10 teams cry, and unfortunately some fragile Husker fans will sob too who won't stand up for DONU.

Maybe you let repeated things slide like the scheduling and officiating the last 10 years and you are worried somebody will call you a "whiner," but I'm like the Edgar Allen Poe character who buried a live rival behind a wall.

If something is SIGNIFICANT, SUSTAINED and INTENTIONAL, someone should feel free to speak up....or bury a live mofo behind bricks.

3. "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow is one of the great videos of the 20th Century.

For those that don't get go into a fetal position about it and want to throw some internet 'bows....remember Nebraska had the hardest schedule possible in 2011 and 2012 with crossovers of PSU, OSU and Wisky and went 12-4 and won a Division. Also, no NU fans said a word about the schedule. And how many times has NU played OSU since 2011 in comparison to other West/Legends teams when we are competing for the same thing with winning a division? It doesnt have to be exact but some radio guy said NU has played OSU eight times and Iowa has played them twice (and I did not fact check that yet but prolly close.)

Nobody is upset with tough games, but specifically here having no balance in a re-vised schedule just weeks before a season is a major problem...along with the BS officiating and scheduling up to this point. And don't forget NU started 22-10 (2011-14) until internal issues imploded the program, so nobody is worried about the f-ing Big 10.

The Big 10 is nothing special as I ABSOLUTLEY wrecked Mikel Severe for some dumb comments right befor COVID about the Big 10 being better than the old Big 8. BTW, the Big 8 won 60% of their games against in modern era (2-platoons) from 1963-1995 versus the Big 10. And the Pac 10 and SEC were like 55% to 58% versus the B1G in that time.

1. That the common sense suggestion given by Moos that only divisional games count towards winning your division gains some steam. Yes, a longshot.

Lastly, it won't be some slick ad with graphics from Bozell, just some facts to make folks uncomfortable who see it in Chicago or on social media.

Just an FYI ya'll...

Where exactly in Chicago? Dearborn Park? Near south side? Chinatown? South of the loop can be anything.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Oh wow a billboard? How cool. And south of the loop you say? Perfect location, you wouldn't want to put it miles and miles away on 294 at Rosemont, where the B1G offices are ACTUALLY LOCATED and also there's tons of billboard space.

Great call putting it in the near south/douglas area so that all the people NOT going to McCormack place due to COVID can NOT see the petulant billboard you wasted money on. Zero B1G employees are going to notice it. This isn't some little highway by Hyannis, nobody in Chicago has a clue when one billboard goes up an hour's drive from their work.

The season is already happening, wtf would you waste money on this for now? You could have donated it to youth sports and actually helped more kids actually play football. You think the B1G gives a shit about a billboard? They do what their member presidents tell them.

Are you going to be ok?

Just an FYI ya'll...
How's the billboarding going?

Did the BIG see the error of their ways yet?

Will their apology be written, man to man, or a prime time news conference?

Last edited:
What was the objective and resultant goal of putting up the billboard? genuine question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT