ADVERTISEMENT

Billboard Tomorrow In Chi Flipping The B1G The Bird From NU Faithful

CoolJcookies

Redshirt Freshman
Silver Member
Mar 2, 2020
Just an FYI ya'll...tomorrow morning a digital billboard is going up just south of downtown in Chicago, HQ of the Big 10. It addresses the multiple grievances of Nebraska since joining the Big 10 in 2011.

It will make fans of other Big 10 teams cry, and unfortunately some fragile Husker fans will sob too who won't stand up for DONU.

Maybe you let repeated things slide like the scheduling and officiating the last 10 years and you are worried somebody will call you a "whiner," but I'm like the Edgar Allen Poe character who buried a live rival behind a wall.

If something is SIGNIFICANT, SUSTAINED and INTENTIONAL, someone should feel free to speak up....or bury a live mofo behind bricks.

If you don't agree with the billboard tomorrow, just remember three things:

1. Me (and Bill Moos) are right.
2. You (and your dog) are wrong.
3. "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow is one of the great videos of the 20th Century.

For those that don't get go into a fetal position about it and want to throw some internet 'bows....remember Nebraska had the hardest schedule possible in 2011 and 2012 with crossovers of PSU, OSU and Wisky and went 12-4 and won a Division. Also, no NU fans said a word about the schedule. And how many times has NU played OSU since 2011 in comparison to other West/Legends teams when we are competing for the same thing with winning a division? It doesnt have to be exact but some radio guy said NU has played OSU eight times and Iowa has played them twice (and I did not fact check that yet but prolly close.)

Nobody is upset with tough games, but specifically here having no balance in a re-vised schedule just weeks before a season is a major problem...along with the BS officiating and scheduling up to this point. And don't forget NU started 22-10 (2011-14) until internal issues imploded the program, so nobody is worried about the f-ing Big 10.

The Big 10 is nothing special as I ABSOLUTLEY wrecked Mikel Severe for some dumb comments right befor COVID about the Big 10 being better than the old Big 8. BTW, the Big 8 won 60% of their games against in modern era (2-platoons) from 1963-1995 versus the Big 10. And the Pac 10 and SEC were like 55% to 58% versus the B1G in that time.

Anyway....goals of billboard?

1. That the common sense suggestion given by Moos that only divisional games count towards winning your division gains some steam. Yes, a longshot.

2. Fans of other teams cry about NU fans. Yes, a sure thing.

Lastly, it won't be some slick ad with graphics from Bozell, just some facts to make folks uncomfortable who see it in Chicago or on social media.

Just an FYI ya'll...

Just an FYI ya'll...tomorrow morning a digital billboard is going up just south of downtown in Chicago, HQ of the Big 10. It addresses the multiple grievances of Nebraska since joining the Big 10 in 2011.

It will make fans of other Big 10 teams cry, and unfortunately some fragile Husker fans will sob too who won't stand up for DONU.

Maybe you let repeated things slide like the scheduling and officiating the last 10 years and you are worried somebody will call you a "whiner," but I'm like the Edgar Allen Poe character who buried a live rival behind a wall.

If something is SIGNIFICANT, SUSTAINED and INTENTIONAL, someone should feel free to speak up....or bury a live mofo behind bricks.

3. "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow is one of the great videos of the 20th Century.

For those that don't get go into a fetal position about it and want to throw some internet 'bows....remember Nebraska had the hardest schedule possible in 2011 and 2012 with crossovers of PSU, OSU and Wisky and went 12-4 and won a Division. Also, no NU fans said a word about the schedule. And how many times has NU played OSU since 2011 in comparison to other West/Legends teams when we are competing for the same thing with winning a division? It doesnt have to be exact but some radio guy said NU has played OSU eight times and Iowa has played them twice (and I did not fact check that yet but prolly close.)

Nobody is upset with tough games, but specifically here having no balance in a re-vised schedule just weeks before a season is a major problem...along with the BS officiating and scheduling up to this point. And don't forget NU started 22-10 (2011-14) until internal issues imploded the program, so nobody is worried about the f-ing Big 10.

The Big 10 is nothing special as I ABSOLUTLEY wrecked Mikel Severe for some dumb comments right befor COVID about the Big 10 being better than the old Big 8. BTW, the Big 8 won 60% of their games against in modern era (2-platoons) from 1963-1995 versus the Big 10. And the Pac 10 and SEC were like 55% to 58% versus the B1G in that time.

1. That the common sense suggestion given by Moos that only divisional games count towards winning your division gains some steam. Yes, a longshot.

Lastly, it won't be some slick ad with graphics from Bozell, just some facts to make folks uncomfortable who see it in Chicago or on social media.

Just an FYI ya'll...
Up until we got to this conference, the B1G was a national joke and was called The Weak 10 by many accross the country. One thing the old Big 8 did that the B1G has never done in it's history including their golden years of it's yesteryear which is the Big 8 is the only conference that has ever had 4 teams finish the season in the final top 10 twice and is the only one in DIV 1A/FBS to accomplish that feat and also still to this day is the only conference in CFB history to have 3 teams occupy the top 3 spots in the final polls back in 71.

Fk this whiny crying ass bitch of a conference!

Last edited:
lets just play football.
No doubt the players and staff will go hard and look at as an opportunity to win some big games!

But we arent on the team, so we can talk, imo.

BTW, Purdue's players and staff will look at as an opportunity to win the West...

Up until we got to this conference, the B1G was a national joke and was called The Weak 10 by many accross the country. One thing the old Big 8 did twice that B1G has never done in it's history and is the onlyconference that has ever done it twice was having 4 teams finish the season in the final top 10 and still to this day is the only conference in CFB history to have 3 teams occupy the top 3 spots in the final polls back in 71.

Yessir!

My Twitter profile inspired by a Jason Peter quote and listen to the quote. Solid.

Up until we got to this conference, the B1G was a national joke and was called The Weak 10 by many accross the country. One thing the old Big 8 did that the B1G has never done in it's history including their golden years of it's yesteryear which is the Big 8 is the only conference that has ever had 4 teams finish the season in the final top 10 twice and is the only one in DIV 1A/FBS to accomplish that feat and also still to this day is the only conference in CFB history to have 3 teams occupy the top 3 spots in the final polls back in 71.

the last game in the big 8 was played a quarter century ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red I 73

Just an FYI ya'll...
Are you the funder of the billboard? Please send/post pictures of it in all it's glory

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Premium Rivals boards all over the country are laughing at this. It has already made the rounds. You and OP are embarrassing the entire Nebraska fanbase.
Ok JV Walk On, whatever you say! Hahahaha!

Just an FYI ya'll...

One possible thing we could do instead of whining like little bitches is to win a few football games.

The BIG didn't bring us in to play Indiana and Maryland.

Did I miss it, or what’s on this billboard?

Just an FYI ya'll...

The benefit of the JV board is that, unlike the premium board, you don't have to pay $$$ to be talked down to. We get that service for free.
I wan't referring to guys like you, as there ALOT of good posters on this board. Just sayin

You are a beta.
do-you-smell-that-smells-like-a-whiny-little-bitch.jpg

I guess I don't see the point in putting up a billboard to poke with a stick. Do we have some sort of leverage over the conference? What sort of incentives does the conference have in not playing their marquee teams on natl TV every year?

Beside that doesn't PSU, UM, and OSU have to play each other every year?

And why are people comparing us to Iowa? (Brand recognition here is the point for all the Iowegians voyuering here)

And what was that year.. believe it has happened more than one year..

3 teams finishing in the top 10..
The Big 8 to this day is the only conference to have 4 teams finish in the Top 10 twice and the SEC is the only other conference to have done it and that was only once.

The Big 8 to this day is the only conference to have 4 teams finish in the Top 10 twice and the SEC is the only other conference to have done it and that was only once.

Yes, I’m very well aware of what happened in 1971 an 1995 in the Big 8... And the SEC had 4 last year..

Just waiting for jibs response.;)

Reactions: Wyldcard
Yes, I’m very well aware of what happened in 1971 an 1995 in the Big 8... And the SEC had 4 last year..

Just waiting for jibs response.;)
No 71 finished with the top 3 and that's all there was in the final rankings, but there were 2 other years including 95 that 4 teams finished in the top 10. Also the Big XII did it once while we were there as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT