ADVERTISEMENT

Bill O’Brien

Had a worse record his second year at PSU. 52-48 in the NFL isn’t bad. Lost in the wild card round twice and divisional round twice. Anyone could make Alabama’s offense go. Hope this helps. 😉
Except for Brian Ferentz .

I'll just be candid about my opinion on BOB. He's already behind the eight ball for me because I am not impressed with his appearance or personality and yes those things matter. I'm not even that impressed with his track record. He looks like a slob to me and I really don't understand what all the hoopla is about. It feels like someone is trying very hard to sell me something that from the beginning I'm not interested in. We're making this guy out to be some type of superstar and in reality, he's not!

The Mike Riley 2.0 feeling. This is my initial feeling and if we bring him in and he is tolerated, it's not going to be for long. He better win big in year 2 or he's gonna get thrown out the window faster than scorched cookware. He's not too popular in Alabama already. Why we are sitting here trying to justify his accomplishments is beyond me.

I can understand bringing in a proven championship coach, but why take a chance on someone like BOB? Is it just because he's buddies with Trev?
We'd be better off just putting Mickey in there and telling him to do what he does, RECRUIT! Then make him surround himself with top flight assistants. He's already proven that he can get kids to run through a wall for him. No one is going to convince me that the ceiling that BOB brings is going to be higher than what Mickey can accomplish with the right staff.

Seeing is believing and I've seen how kids respond to Mickey's personality. I'm not buying this BOB BS.
And I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

JMO
I think O’Brien knows Mickey’s capabilities and would be very happy to keep him as assistant head coach and WR coach. Hell O’Brien will call offensive plays so he could give Mickey the OC title if he wanted to boost his pay.

the other thing you know is that BOB will hire great Line coaches. Goodness. All one has to do is read his resume.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT