Bill Maher: Voter Suppression

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Bill Maher discussed Voter Suppression last night on his show. I would like to hear the Trump Voters on this site defend this garbage. One vote drop-off box in Harris County Texas (Houston)? Republicans are trying to suppress the vote because they don't think they can win fairly, so they cheat. You Trump fans are fine with this I am sure just wanted to point out how pathetic you are if you think this is OK in a country which has a supposedly democratic voting process. Hope you a-holes who defend this are never on the wrong side of this battle. It's great for you now but you better hope the Dems never decide to play dirty like this or you dumbasses will never win another election.

Gonzo3705

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
The Bay or the Sierras
We're witnessing the last throes of a desperate party. They see the changing demographics, including the state of TX, and will do whatever they can to hold power no matter how unethical it is.

They also know that once Texas goes blue its a generational shift to politics. Not a question of if, but when on that and it appears to be closer than before.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
We're witnessing the last throes of a desperate party. They see the changing demographics, including the state of TX, and will do whatever they can to hold power no matter how unethical it is.

They also know that once Texas goes blue its a generational shift to politics. Not a question of if, but when on that and it appears to be closer than before.
It’s about pendulum politics. One side wins and screws it’s up and they lose power. It’s always happened this way. We have heard both parties were dead numerous times.

Reactions: nelsonj22

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
It’s about pendulum politics. One side wins and screws it’s up and they lose power. It’s always happened this way. We have heard both parties were dead numerous times.
But only one party blatantly cheats via voter suppression. I assume you are good with it since you didn't even attempt to deny it or discuss it in a thread with the sole purpose of discussing voter suppression.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
But only one party blatantly cheats via voter suppression. I assume you are good with it since you didn't even attempt to discuss it in a thread with the sole purpose of discussing voter suppression.
Both cheat when they can. The Dems got Kennedy in cheating. The donors and money dictates who wins anyways.

Reactions: 1160 and HuskerCK

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Blah blah blah whatabout...

I will stick with my assumption that you can in no way defend what Bill Maher was discussing.
I never watched it because it doesn’t mean shit regarding the presidency. The corporations and elites make the choice for you. Trump was a bump in the road, but he still put their picks on his cabinet. He never drained the swamp.

Reactions: nelsonj22

tampa husker

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
Bill Maher discussed Voter Suppression last night on his show. I would like to hear the Trump Voters on this site defend this garbage. One vote drop-off box in Harris County Texas (Houston)? Republicans are trying to suppress the vote because they don't think they can win fairly, so they cheat. You Trump fans are fine with this I am sure just wanted to point out how pathetic you are if you think this is OK in a country which has a supposedly democratic voting process. Hope you a-holes who defend this are never on the wrong side of this battle. It's great for you now but you better hope the Dems never decide to play dirty like this or you dumbasses will never win another election.

These statements are laughable. 50 million people have already voted. Any citizen that wants to register and vote can, in all states early either by mail or in person and on November 3rd.

Biden as a candidate suppresses his own vote. Dems are just upset because they know there is zero enthusiasm to vote for him, and they want every single potential Biden voter to not have to make any effort at all to vote.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
These statements are laughable. 50 million people have already voted. Any citizen that wants to register and vote can, in all states early either by mail or in person and on November 3rd.

Biden as a candidate suppresses his own vote. Dems are just upset because they know there is zero enthusiasm to vote for him, and they want every single potential Biden voter to not have to make any effort at all to vote.
You think voter suppression is a laughing matter? Sad!

BOBEBASS

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2001
Come on man! O’Biden can hardly walk around he is so old. Now way he can last as President for 2 years! Well maybe he can from his Bed in a rest home!

tampa husker

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
It is allowed
So if that is the case then it is just like I said. It’s all BS whining and complaining because they are worried nobody actually wants to vote for their candidate like they perhaps thought. If you can simply put your ballot in the mail from your apartment, house, or nearest postbox then there is zero voter suppression and it’s just like the liberals trying to accuse the republicans of absolute BS time and again when it’s their problem of their own doing because they have a horrendous candidate.

Obama was a great candidate, there was no complaining about “suppression” then. They are just trying to motivate their base by any means possible and willing to tear the country apart with the hateful rhetoric as always.

tampa husker

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
Problem is Trump and his puppet Postmaster general suppressed that too by slowing down mail service. Got that covered too. These cheaters are seasoned pros.
Lol slowed down the post service? Are you being serious? What the hell does that even mean? Lay-off the left wing red meat sound bites for awhile.

Reactions: HuskerCK

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house

Every mailbox is a vote drop box. If you don’t think it’s safe, hand deliver your ballot to the voting office yourself.

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE

While this is true, traditionally red, fast growing, and minority heavy states like TX and GA have been trending Blue for decades. Yes, current politics matters, but the continued trend hasn't slowed.

The DNC and most national Democratic operatives didn't believe TX or GA would be competitive until 2024 or 28', at the earliest. The current group of elected Republicans in Congress and this administration has that trend in fast forward since they appear to be hemorrhaging suburban white voters.

Reactions: HUSKERinLA

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
While this is true, traditionally red, fast growing, and minority heavy states like TX and GA have been trending Blue for decades. Yes, current politics matters, but the continued trend hasn't slowed.

The DNC and most national Democratic operatives didn't believe TX or GA would be competitive until 2024 or 28', at the earliest. The current group of elected Republicans in Congress and this administration has that trend in fast forward since they appear to be hemorrhaging suburban white voters.
Time will tell. Whenever one party gets total control they lose it fast. The dems have a very good chance of controlling it all soon. All the pressure will be on them, and they will screw shit up. The Republicans will then gain back control. The second Bush and Obama are classic examples of this when they had Congress locked up.

I think there are a fair amount of high ranking Republicans who want Trump to lose. They figure if they run someone decent in four years like Nikki Haley they will win the Presidency back. I just don’t see Harris being the answer. She is way too unlikable. We know Joe won’t be the guy in four years. He can barely make it now.

Reactions: sklarbodds

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
You're pretty spot on, but I wouldn't sleep on Harris. She's proven herself to be very sharp, doesn't have any massive controversies, and has better favorability ratings than Biden, ,trump, or pence.

While I personally don't want her to be President, I definitely wouldn't count her out.

• Haha
Reactions: nordakotahusker

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
I would say withholding evidence from a grand jury is pretty massive.

I guess if you want to put the blame from the work of a Deputy DA on the DA, sure, it's massive. I do admit I haven't read about it since she was first picked as the VP choice, did new information come out?

And it depends on who/what you're comparing it to. If we're talking the trump admin, withholding evidence or manipulating the court is just a Tuesday afternoon in the grand scheme of shitty ethics..

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009

The 'garbage' IS Bill Maher. He is a low life, pitiful, libtard, who would do, or say anything to push his agenda.

Did you seriously bring Bill Maher to the board as a source of legitimate information? RollingLaugh

Latest posts