ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Callahan maybe the best O'line coach ever

If Callahan came back here to coach the OL, I guarantee just on his arrival he would br the top or 2nd best OL coach out of the gate in all of FBS. It's an automatic.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Why not? And bring back Solich as running backs coach and Pelini as DC while he’s at it.
Pelini's Defenses were a dumpster fire after Callahan's recruits were gone. Sure he may have gotten ahold of guys like David, Gregory, Collins, Valentine and Gerry but were still a dumpster fire and had been since Carl and Marvin were let go. Solich under Osborne was the best RB coach in the nation and would pretty cool to see him as RB coach again.

Pelini's Defenses were a dumpster fire after Callahan's recruits were gone. Sure he may have gotten ahold of guys like David, Gregory, Collins, Valentine and Gerry but were still a dumpster fire and had been since Carl and Marvin were let go. Solich under Osborne was the best RB coach in the nation and would pretty cool to see him as RB coach again.

His defense got to a BIG championship game with just his recruits on 2012

But its never been as terrible as the last 3 years.

I laugh at people who think we improved on defense this year.

We played terrible offensive teams and still gave up big yards and points.

Right. He would come back to college to a city where he took abuse and give up a job with an NFL playoff team. Negative
Got to love the way husker fans treated Cosgrove and his family. Not that I thought Bill or his staff were right for Nebraska, but the way the greatest college football fans acted. Dispicable.

Got to love the way husker fans treated Cosgrove and his family. Not that I thought Bill or his staff were right for Nebraska, but the way the greatest college football fans acted. Dispicable.
It was a dumbass decision to bring him here in the first place. Same with Riley. Anybody who didn't bury their heads under the sand knew those hires would turn out to be disasters. I was more caught off guard by Frost, but he's turning out to be even worse than both of them.

He would have been accepted had he won. Just like anybody else. Failure to win gets you sent out of town.
He did win. Won the North at 9-5 and played in Big 12 title game. 8-4 another season. Those 2 records would look pretty good now huh? Had a good bowl win over Michigan. More than Frost has done so far. All while doing a complete offensive flip with a terrible D coord. 27-22 in 4 years. Had a great recruiting class coming in his final season before getting fired.

Last edited:
I think he would have fired Cosgrove after 2007 (or Cosgrove would have voluntarily left because of the treatment of his family). I do wonder what the next several seasons might have been like with Ganz followed by Blaine Gabbert.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think he would have fired Cosgrove after 2007 (or Cosgrove would have voluntarily left because of the treatment of his family). I do wonder what the next several seasons might have been like with Ganz followed by Blaine Gabbert.
Also had RB Jonas Gray and O lineman Dan Hoch in that early class before it fell apart.

If a flaming douche like Pelini got the years that he did Callahan should have as well. Callahan didn't have T.Os stamp of approval like Bo did for those years.

He did win. Won the North at 9-5 and played in Big 12 title game. 8-4 another season. Those 2 records would look pretty good now huh? Had a good bowl win over Michigan. More than Frost has done so far. All while doing a complete offensive flip with a terrible D coord. 27-22 in 4 years. Had a great recruiting class coming in his final season before getting fired.
Callahan was a disaster. Just because Frost is a bigger disaster doesn't make the first proposition untrue.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
So. What about Frost? Does he deserve to go too??
Yes he probably does. Since he's here, I'll give him one more chance. But I'll continue to question every decision he makes that I don't agree with.

If a flaming douche like Pelini got the years that he did Callahan should have as well. Callahan didn't have T.Os stamp of approval like Bo did for those years.
Callahan was easily worse than pelini. This Is obvious to anyone without bias. And I thought Bo should have bee fired.

for everyone saying pelini only won with callys players, remember that cally couldnt win with callys players.

Hes an NFL coach, he cant develop.

Callahan was tied to Steve P and replacing Solich. He wasn't going to be accepted at NU no matter what he did. He's happier in the NFL.
Oh, and Ill disagree with you on never being accepted.

Ill never forget the sickening “oooos” and “aahhhsss” from the giddy crowd as we shifted formations and threw the ball everywhere the first game.

Or all the fans and media shouting over each other to see who could best proclaim that cally was bringing “new age” to NU and getting NU caught up with the times. They were slobbering all over him.

And the “greatest fans” gladly going along with cally throwing daily under the bus during “one game, one season”.

He was accepted by plenty of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT