ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest win for this years team..

Strength and Conditioning...

Not seeing running backs or wide receivers tap out of the game every other play because they are tired or getting injured.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Strength and Conditioning...

Not seeing running backs or wide receivers tap out of the game every other play because they are tired or getting injured.
For whatever reason, that really bothered me too. I really noticed it big time with Ameer, and while he was good and all, something about that bugs the crap out of me. Funny thing, you never see that when watching the highlights of our glory years. You want a breather? you find the endzone, then you earned one.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I think we lose by 14ish to Michigan
I feel better about beating Wisconsin.
I feel confident vs Michigan State
This will be Iowa's last chance to beat us for a while.
Best win may be in the Bowl Game

I know I am an Iowa fan and Neb should be getting better each year but come on man. Do you think Iowa is just going to fall off a cliff and start going 3-9 each year now?

Comes early boys... i think NU goes into the Big house and upsets an overconfident Meatchicken team.. i know they have a so called great defense coming back but i believe this is the kind of offense that will give them fits.. the system we run and the fact that we have some playmakers.. especially in the offensive side. They are breaking in a new qb as well with shea and we get them early... Call me crazy but i just have a gut feeling they will beat them straight up.. who do you guys think will be our best win this year?
why the hell would michigan be overconfident? sounds like wishfull thinking on your part.

I know I am an Iowa fan and Neb should be getting better each year but come on man. Do you think Iowa is just going to fall off a cliff and start going 3-9 each year now?
As I always point out, even if Nebraska gets a ton better, the Hawks have beaten plenty of top teams over the years.

The 2018 Iowa vs. Nebraska game should be a good one on Black Friday.

I suspect Kirk and Brian Ferentz will have a nice rivalry with Scott Frost and his staff. There are plenty of connections over the years and the hiring of Frost brings them together. Starting with DC Erik Chinander, the former Kirk Ferentz player and teammate of Brian Ferentz. But, there is Trent Mossbrucker, former Iowa reserve PK, who played for Ferentz, Director of Football & Recruiting Administration. Iowa fans likely chuckle with Frank Verducci, senior offensive analyst. He was a former OL coach for Hayden Fry, during Bob Diaco's time as a player. He was also on Diaco's staff, in the past, when he was a head coach. Verducci was one of two coaches that replaced Ferentz, when he left Fry's staff.

to name a few ....

Comes early boys... i think NU goes into the Big house and upsets an overconfident Meatchicken team.. i know they have a so called great defense coming back but i believe this is the kind of offense that will give them fits.. the system we run and the fact that we have some playmakers.. especially in the offensive side. They are breaking in a new qb as well with shea and we get them early... Call me crazy but i just have a gut feeling they will beat them straight up.. who do you guys think will be our best win this year?
I think we play Michigan better then most expect but I do not see us winning. Frost will be using this game as a way to show his players they can match and play with anyone as long as they are physical and have max effort - I expect a fairly close game

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Not each year. There will be a few years when they go 4-8.
You Just Got Burned!
source.gif

Reactions: SOHusker11
For whatever reason, that really bothered me too. I really noticed it big time with Ameer, and while he was good and all, something about that bugs the crap out of me. Funny thing, you never see that when watching the highlights of our glory years. You want a breather? you find the endzone, then you earned one.
That doesn't bother me so much, especially for RB's. If you're trying to juke out and break tackles from multiple defenders each play, you're going to be dead of energy in a hurry. Even if he is a great running back, would rather get someone in there who's fresh.

Iowa better savor a victory this year because this series if gonna be one sided starting in 2019. Nebraska has just too much upside. The Hawkeyes definitely won't be 3-9 every year but even if they were to go 9-3 they'll still struggle to win many games vs Nebraska. Within a few years the West division power will reside in Lincoln!

Iowa better savor a victory this year because this series if gonna be one sided starting in 2019. Nebraska has just too much upside. The Hawkeyes definitely won't be 3-9 every year but even if they were to go 9-3 they'll still struggle to win many games vs Nebraska. Within a few years the West division power will reside in Lincoln!

Yes, in the year 2000.

I suspect Iowa vs. Nebraska, will be a lot like Northwestern and Wisconsin.

Competitive football for Scott Frost's Huskers. Of course, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois are others wanting something, as well.

2000 was the last blowout by the Huskers. Is 2019 the next, we shall see, but the likelihood it will be against a 3 win team like last time would be a surprise.

You might be right but my money is on it being much more even than that. The days of dynastys for any teams that follow the rules are over.

You might be right but my money is on it being much more even than that. The days of dynastys for any teams that follow the rules are over.
Who said anything about not cheating?

In my opinion, MSU is the game that I would look to for an upset win. Even the MSU 247 Sports page has this game listed as a win for Nebraska in an offensive shootout, because MSU will be playing in Lincoln, against a team that has always played them well, a week after playing a hard ass game against Ohio State. MSU thinks they might pull out the upset against OSU, but doing so will cost them a lot of energy and they'll be all tired and sore coming to Lincoln.

For the record, I think we lose to Wisconsin, Michigan, OSU. Those are the only three "given" losses I see. Everything else is probably going to be winnable, depending on how things gel together over the course of the year. I would say though, that Michigan could be fun if our offense is doing well; they're supposed to have a hell of a defense this year, but Frost's offense is a thing of beauty.

And yes, to echo what a lot of you have said, I cannot wait until we start regularly competing with Wisconsin; we owe them a couple of nasty, unforgiving ass-whompings. I don't really care about Iowa, if that's our yearly rivalry game, fine, whatever. Wisconsin, to me, is a much more natural rival; they do things similarly to how we used to, they develop players well, and they're kind of ruling the roost in the West. If that's what we want for ourselves, then they are our rival.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT