ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest surprise so far

jarens

Jul 1, 2010
Thinking back to the end of last season --> to where the Huskers are now. Who has been the biggest surprise to you? To me it's Cam Taylor-Britt. I thought he'd be a role player, but didn't know he'd turn into such a key player in the secondary as a sophomore. Maybe the stats don't show it, but he's got a nose for the ball.

Cam Taylor-Britt and Cam Jurgens starting at Center.

I knew OL could be a concern, but the biggest surprise might be Adrian’s performance.
I’m disappointed in his decision making/reads and hesitation at times (plus1-2 preventable fumbles).
I know he’s still doing ok, but I was expecting more out of him.

Bad attempt at a joke.

I thought snaps were good last game, especially the direct snaps to Washington...Cam’s coming along nicely IMO.
Against Northern Illinois Cam was good with his snaps. Saturday he had an awful lot of high snaps. He’s still young, and he’s still learning...

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I feel like the line is a lot better. Still struggling but night and day from the beginning of last year
Not going to disagree with the fact that they're better. I just expected much better and less penetration at times and the same disruption in the backfield when only rushing 3

Bad attempt at a joke.

I thought snaps were good last game, especially the direct snaps to Washington...Cam’s coming along nicely IMO.
If you thought his snaps were good last game...I don't know what to tell you. If they are like that vs OSU get ready to watch an ass kicking of epic ass kickingness.

Because that slight little delay to grab a high snap will be all the OSU line needs.

If you thought his snaps were good last game...I don't know what to tell you. If they are like that vs OSU get ready to watch an ass kicking of epic ass kickingness.

Because that slight little delay to grab a high snap will be all the OSU line needs.

Yep. Many way right and way left as well.

Watch the replays of the offense. AM simply jumps each snap now as it's coming out. Strange that that's been the acceptable adjustment to the high snap issue, but that's what he's doing. Jumping each snap makes the good snaps look really awkward and almost causes a fumble on the ones outside his frame.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Yep. Many way right and way left as well.

Watch the replays of the offense. AM simply jumps each snap now as it's coming out. Strange that that's been the acceptable adjustment to the high snap issue, but that's what he's doing. Jumping each snap makes the good snaps look really awkward and almost causes a fumble on the ones outside his frame.

Is Vedral like 7 feet tall? Maybe that is why the "Bench AM" dorks want him in?

Reactions: timnsun
Surprises so far this year:

Pleasant:
1.) Cam Taylor-Britt playing with his hair on fire. I would include JoJo Domann here, but that is less of a surprise.
2.) Eli Sullivan basically making every play he has to.
3.) The linebackers overall have played well.

Unpleasant:
1.) The O-line plays competently about half the time. I think they have had like...two good quarters against Illinois that they can hang their hats on. That's about it.
2.) Martinez is not owning the field like we all thought he would.
3.) Like half of our WR targets either aren't playing or aren't getting passed to very much. It's Spielman or bust, and that is way, way too one-dimensional.
4.) The turnovers. Good god, the turnovers.
5.) While we clearly look physically WAY better than we have in at least the last couple of years, we're still just at best duking it out evenly with Colorado and Illinois of all friggin' teams.

Oh, and the fact that we have no starting kicker. Like, at all. That REALLY sucks and was not something I planned on even taking into consideration when evaluating this season.

It wasn't near as bad as the s Alabama game but I agree there were more than I would like to have seen at crutial times. Fortunately most we were able to recover from but it sure made me nervous

Eli Sullivan has been an animal, along with Cam Taylor-Britt. I’d say Domann but we’ve seen his potential before. It was also awesome to see Wandale have a big game. The future looks bright!!

For me it’s the Oline. They are struggling against average teams. It’s going to be interesting to see if they step it up for B10 play. I hope so. GBR!

I'd say the Davis Twins. They've taken a lot of heat, but have played pretty well this year. I personally was excited to possible get Green, D Train and some others in the rotation, but these guys have kicked ass.

Told everyone Green wouldn’t see the field..... Too much depth with seniors this year

asshats ! i cant picture it.

headass.jpg

Mine is the fact that Pickering has not made a FG or PAT. In all seriousness I did not expect to have our kicker out to start the season and see the impact it has caused. The offensive issues have partially been caused by his absence. Frost even admitted that early on they were trying to call the perfect play. This happens when you know that the only way to score is TDs and that you simply can't get a guaranteed 3 points on a FG.

Reactions: scarletred
Seems to be the general consensus of the top 3 surprising things so far this year, good and bad.

Pros:
Cam Taylor-Britt and Jojo Domann stepping up.
Emergence of Eli Sullivan.
Overall improvement of the defense.

Cons:
Kicking woes.
*Lack of improvement from the O-Line.
Turnovers still plaguing team.

*I don't like calling out a group, but the good thing is they still have an opportunity to change perception in conference play. We've seen o-line performance change throughout the season before.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I feel like the line is a lot better. Still struggling but night and day from the beginning of last year

I don't think they are to the level of last year's OLine by the end of last year, but they are coming around pretty well. The high snaps are still a bit of an issue, but Cam is blocking pretty well, IMO. We ran for what, around 350 yards against Illinois, so that's a pretty decent amount. It's still going against a power-5 defense, so you won't hear me gripe about that. Just gotta hang onto the ball now.

the double d's. no not the davis's or the daniels though playing great. dismuke and domann. make a few mistakes but when you're all over the field making plays bound to just get better and better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT