ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest blunder in sports history

Define significant health threat and the measures needed?

Also, your number is inflated, and provides zero context. You’re reaching. Again, sorry it aint as bad as y’all hoped.

No, it's every bit as bad, and worse than I thought it would be. I initially thought if it killed more than H1N1 that it would be bad. That seems like a distant memory now.

If you really think I wanted any of these people that have died to die, you really need professional help. Intense therapy!! Don't wait! Call tomorrow and get it arranged!

No, it's every bit as bad, and worse than I thought it would be. I initially thought if it killed more than H1N1 that it would be bad. That seems like a distant memory now.

If you really think I wanted any of these people that have died to die, you really need professional help. Intense therapy!! Don't wait! Call tomorrow and get it arranged!
You seem to be ignoring things....

Is there a more pedantic and arrogant poster than Hoosker Du on any board anywhere? I blocked him long ago, but looked at some of his recent posts to see what so many were responding to and was reminded in neon lights why I blocked him so long ago.

Good lord he's awful.

Don't bother responding, Du. I've gotten my fill of your self-important posts and won't be unblocking your posts again for a LONG time.

There seems to be a form of Stockholm syndrome going on with this virus. Some people have grown to like the fear and it makes them comfortable.

I know we are supposed to stay away from politics around here, but it is very weird that it seems to be the democrats who are cowering in fear of this virus and republicans who think this is a big nothing burger. It seems that there is something in your DNA that makes you a dem that also makes you fearful of this virus or a repub who estimates that it is nothing to be worried about from a risk management standpoint. Statistically, it should be fairly split between political parties, but nope, it is 100% one way or the other.

I know we are supposed to stay away from politics around here, but it is very weird that it seems to be the democrats who are cowering in fear of this virus and republicans who think this is a big nothing burger. It seems that there is something in your DNA that makes you a dem that also makes you fearful of this virus or a repub who estimates that it is nothing to be worried about from a risk management standpoint. Statistically, it should be fairly split between political parties, but nope, it is 100% one way or the other.

Just the most vocal ones. I know a lot of people on both sides that diverge from that.

You mean the guys that are scared stiff to wear a mask or get a vaccine? Those guys? Yeah, it's pretty comical watching people Guaran-damn-tee that not more than 50% will agree to get this vaccine. Laughing

Again, you're very late to the game. The left has always allowed Science to make their determination on topics, whereas the right is more so faith-based. Not saying they're isn't crossover, but the left generally understands Science. The right...well...we've seen what a lack of Science study can do to a mind. It's littered throughout this board.

Is there a more pedantic and arrogant poster than Hoosker Du on any board anywhere? I blocked him long ago, but looked at some of his recent posts to see what so many were responding to and was reminded in neon lights why I blocked him so long ago.

Good lord he's awful.

Don't bother responding, Du. I've gotten my fill of your self-important posts and won't be unblocking your posts again for a LONG time.

If you're blocking me, I must be doing something right. Carry on..

You mean the guys that are scared stiff to wear a mask or get a vaccine? Those guys? Yeah, it's pretty comical watching people Guaran-damn-tee that not more than 50% will agree to get this vaccine. Laughing

Again, you're very late to the game. The left has always allowed Science to make their determination on topics, whereas the right is more so faith-based. Not saying they're isn't crossover, but the left generally understands Science. The right...well...we've seen what a lack of Science study can do to a mind. It's littered throughout this board.

What science am I supposed to believe? The actual studies before March 2020 or all of the political rhetoric not based on any scientific studies coming out after that point. Only factual RCT studies will be accepted as an acceptable response.

Reactions: leodisflowers

I love the “people of faith don’t understand science” bit.

That’s not overplayed at all. What a moron.

What science am I supposed to believe? The actual studies before March 2020 or all of the political rhetoric not based on any scientific studies coming out after that point. Only factual RCT studies will be accepted as an acceptable response.

I provided data from JAMA, which is the Journal of the American Medical Association, that showed actual weekly data of the cases of Covid-19 vs Influenza for the last 7 flu seasons, and the article clarified that Covid deaths were 20-fold higher than the peak weeks of seasonal flu for the last 7 years. What else do you want?

"Between 2013-2014 and 2018-2019, the reported yearly estimated influenza deaths ranged from 23,000 to 61,000. Over that same time period, however, the number of counted influenza deaths was between 3,448 and 15,620 yearly."

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2766121

I love the “people of faith don’t understand science” bit.

That’s not overplayed at all. What a moron.

It's quite clear on this site that there are numerous Science 'challenged' individuals. And they are all on the right. Sorry, thems the facts.

It's quite clear on this site that there are numerous Science 'challenged' individuals. And they are all on the right. Sorry, thems the facts. Lots of dumb on this board. I mean really dumb.
And like @Antwill has said, no one is as enlightened as you. Do you realize how self-important you sound?

Keep generalizing. People of faith are dumb. Science is the only answer. Got it.

And like @Antwill has said, no one is as enlightened as you. Do you realize how self-important you sound?

Keep generalizing. People of faith are dumb. Science is the only answer. Got it.

No, I'm not saying that people of faith are dumb. I'm saying that many don't trust Science as a general rule, and therefore don't read about it to the degree that people on the left do.

And then there are some that believe God created the natural world, and essentially created Science. All of the biological processes that take place are a result of a blueprint by the Creator. That is where I fall. The most complex thing that man has created is millions of times less complex than a simple blade of grass. One of God's most simple creations.

Reactions: timnsun
I'd rather be dumb and happy than smart and miserable. Short of figuring out how to live forever, I don't see how "science" can bring anyone hope or joy.

I understand that too. Thinking about things too much can be a painful way of life. I can't help thinking about these things though. I am fascinated by both God and Science, and I know the answers to so many questions won't come until we draw our terminal breath. It doesn't keep us from wondering about our universe all the time though.

I understand that too. Thinking about things too much can be a painful way of life. I can't help thinking about these things though. I am fascinated by both God and Science, and I know the answers to so many questions won't come until we draw our terminal breath. It doesn't keep us from wondering about our universe all the time though.
Just don't let intellect trump faith and its fine. A lot of people can't do that. There are things we don't know and don't need to know but the drive to do so overwhelms them. It makes for an ultimately empty existence.

I’m not sure why you quoted my post with this response. Litespeed referenced a story about Pelosi in which she had her hair done in a salon, without a mask occasionally, while others had been shut down. You stated, “I have no idea what story you are referring to.“ The link I provided was to provide some context to what he was referencing. It wasn’t about students on campus, football, etc...

Lars, my apologies. I just saw that I accidentally included your link. I wasn't even aware it was a part of the post that I quoted. Sorry man.

Reactions: Lars72
No, I'm not saying that people of faith are dumb. I'm saying that many don't trust Science as a general rule, and therefore don't read about it to the degree that people on the left do.

And then there are some that believe God created the natural world, and essentially created Science. All of the biological processes that take place are a result of a blueprint by the Creator. That is where I fall. The most complex thing that man has created is millions of times less complex than a simple blade of grass. One of God's most simple creations.

I've worked at Silicon Valley (Cupertino) Ca. for years and years. As a Electronic tech, it's been my pleasure to work with/for boatloads of Phd EE's and I honestly don't believe I've ever met even "one" of them who were snowflake advocates. Not even one.

To suggest that the liberal snowflakes are "science" educated and are even somewhat the majority for high technical skills is at best.....laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT