ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest blunder in sports history

So there is a certain limit at which we should protect others, and up until that point people should go die in their beds peacefully because you're going to do whatever the eff you want.

Who keeps that limit?

What on earth are you talking about? We should all be protecting each other, by following guidelines proposed by medical professionals. Period. If a group of people that aren't as enlightened end up 6 feet under, that's their fault. But they are impacting others that are living their lives responsibly.

Reactions: sodako
I did read your article.

It does not deal with defining flu or covid19 but how the cases are counted so my original point is unaddressed.
Go Blue!

It's perfectly addressed. If you would like to share your medical knowledge, I suggest you take it up with the American Medical Association. I'm sure they'll take you seriously. :rolleyes:

If you're really looking for the differences between coronavirus and seasonal flu viruses, Google it and learn. There are only about a million articles on the differences at this point.

It's perfectly addressed. If you would like to share your medical knowledge, I suggest you take it up with the American Medical Association. I'm sure they'll take you seriously. :rolleyes:

If you're really looking for the differences between coronavirus and seasonal flu viruses, Google it and learn. There are only about a million articles on the differences at this point.

Perhaps you could cut and paste the portion of the article where the article differentiates between the difference between seasonal flu and covid19 other than statistically.

A "seasonal flu virus" is kind of a catch all for all flu viruses.

I found several articles comparing symptoms of covid19 and "seasonal flu" and it looked to me like covid19 had all of the flu symptoms plus possible loss of taste and vomiting. I have had flu and have vomited while having said flu so I'm not sure that vomiting is not a shared symptom but I digress.

I am not in disagreement with the article, covid19 is a nasty bug and kills a lot of old sick people.

The rest of us not so much and the Covid19 only deaths prove it.
Go Blue!

Perhaps you could cut and paste the portion of the article where the article differentiates between the difference between seasonal flu and covid19 other than statistically.

A "seasonal flu virus" is kind of a catch all for all flu viruses.

I found several articles comparing symptoms of covid19 and "seasonal flu" and it looked to me like covid19 had all of the flu symptoms plus possible loss of taste and vomiting. I have had flu and have vomited while having said flu so I'm not sure that vomiting is not a shared symptom but I digress.

I am not in disagreement with the article, covid19 is a nasty bug and kills a lot of old sick people.

The rest of us not so much and the Covid19 only deaths prove it.
Go Blue!

Until all people with Covid-19 are living in a bubble, and all people without Covid-19 are outside that bubble, all people are at risk of contracting Covid-19 by symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers of the virus. It kills more than just old sickly people too.

How helpless are you? Just Google "Differences between influenza and Covid-19." Miraculously hundreds upon hundreds of articles will show up.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Until all people with Covid-19 are living in a bubble, and all people without Covid-19 are outside that bubble, all people are at risk of contracting Covid-19 by symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers of the virus. It kills more than just old sickly people too.

How helpless are you? Just Google "Differences between influenza and Covid-19." Miraculously hundreds upon hundreds of articles will show up.

How funny did you find the wicked witch in California getting her hair dun with no mask when they ordered other small business closed and encouraged peoole to rat out their neighbors? I thought it was hilarious and it showed me how not serious all this really is.

How funny did you find the wicked witch in California getting her hair dun with no mask when they ordered other small business closed and encouraged peoole to rat out their neighbors? I thought it was hilarious and it showed me how not serious all this really is.

I have no idea what story you are referring to. Somehow all of this "non-seriousness" has managed to kill 190,000 people in the U.S. and 860,000 worldwide.

I have no idea what story you are referring to. Somehow all of this "non-seriousness" has managed to kill 190,000 people in the U.S. and 860,000 worldwide.
When this whole deal started you were screaming that 3% of our population who got this were going to die. I saw predictions that from 3 to 10 million were going to die from this. Damn Trump is doing a fine job at keeping this thing under control! Who would have thought when New York City was losing a thousand people per day that we would only have 190,000 deaths and that 94% of them would have 2 or more serious comorbidities?

We need to let college athletes get back to competing and be done with this nonsense.

When this whole deal started you were screaming that 3% of our population who got this were going to die. I saw predictions that from 3 to 10 million were going to die from this. Damn Trump is doing a fine job at keeping this thing under control. Who would have thought when New York City was losing a thousand people per day that we would only have 190,000 deaths and that 94% of them would have 2 or more serious comorbidities?
Take NYC and Cuomo's **** up out of the equation. Numbers aren't that bad.

I care about people that care about other people. Those that don't give a shit about others like those mentioned in your first blathering post can die for all I care. The quicker the better for the rest of humanity. Thoughts and prayers etc.. etc.. on their exit.

Edit - The problem is...that isn't how it usually goes. Those people that are front line workers, that understand the severity of this virus, and see it every day (the ones YOU are putting in jeopardy EVERY F'ING DAY), are the ones that have to answer for your being irresponsible, and pay the ultimate price. And that's the burden you are placing on society. Yeah, be proud. That's quite a life you're living.. :(

Here's the thing. I put my life and other peoples' lives on the line every day by choosing to drive to work every day. Or, I may cause a rock to move 2 inches while I'm hiking that someone that is hiking the same trail after me steps on at the exact wrong angle and falls and hits their head and dies, or I may decide to stay home some night when I just didn't feel like socializing and as a result I wasn't sitting at a table where I was the only one that would have realized that the faint scent of gas was in the air in enough time before the whole place blew to pieces. Life does not exist in some insular bubble. Life exists because there is death. And, nothing you do is going to stop it.

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." – Eleanor Roosevelt

When this whole deal started you were screaming that 3% of our population who got this were going to die. I saw predictions that from 3 to 10 million were going to die from this. Damn Trump is doing a fine job at keeping this thing under control! Who would have thought when New York City was losing a thousand people per day that we would only have 190,000 deaths and that 94% of them would have 2 or more serious comorbidities?

We need to let college athletes get back to competing and be done with this nonsense.

LOL! I fully disagree, but I'm not talking the bait. I'm sure one of the mods would like to remind you to not bring politics into these threads though.

Only 190,000???? Jeesh..

Here's the thing. I put my life and other peoples' lives on the line every day by choosing to drive to work every day. Or, I may cause a rock to move 2 inches while I'm hiking that someone that is hiking the same trail after me steps on at the exact wrong angle and falls and hits their head and dies, or I may decide to stay home some night when I just didn't feel like socializing and as a result I wasn't sitting at a table where I was the only one that would have realized that the faint scent of gas was in the air in enough time before the whole place blew to pieces. Life does not exist in some insular bubble. Life exists because there is death. And, nothing you do is going to stop it.

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." – Eleanor Roosevelt

100% wrong. I've read nonsense before, but this was garbage at levels previously unseen. Even from you, which is hard to do.

So 200,000 people got together for a week and 100 of them came away with the disease.

Not disease...virus! Those 100 will share it with 2 people, who will share it with 2 people. And so on. Which will be in the thousands in no time

6 months after this virus arrived in the U.S., does this shit really need to be explained??

Not disease...virus! Those 100 will share it with 2 people, who will share it with 2 people. And so on. Which will be in the thousands in no time

6 months after this virus arrived in the U.S., does this shit really need to be explained??
You have issues.
Covid is overblown.
The college season should go on.
Life should go on.
I’m sorry, but you are really far out there right now. You do you, but everyone in Realville wants to go on with our lives instead of inflicting needless damage.
Take care of yourself there buddy.

Ah, exponential growth. I love that old chestnut.

You have issues.
Covid is overblown.
The college season should go on.
Life should go on.
I’m sorry, but you are really far out there right now. You do you, but everyone in Realville wants to go on with our lives instead of inflicting needless damage.
Take care of yourself there buddy.

Pay attention! I've said numerous times, if they are going to allow tens of thousands of students on campus, why would they not allow 150 football players to play? There will be substantially more new cases from the student populations vs 150 football players on campuses.

Last edited:
Ah, exponential growth. I love that old chestnut.

Where do you think this virus came from, dolt? One person. Where did the millions of cases in the U.S. come from? A few people entering the U.S. with Covid-19. It's called 'r naught.' It's the average number of people each person infects with a particular virus.

Man, this place is dope central. It's like the watering hole is laced with meth.

Pay attention! I've said numerous times, if they are going to allow tens of thousands of students on campus, why would they not allow 150 football players to play? There will be substantially more new cases from the student populations vs 150 football players on campuses.
I’m not sure why you quoted my post with this response. Litespeed referenced a story about Pelosi in which she had her hair done in a salon, without a mask occasionally, while others had been shut down. You stated, “I have no idea what story you are referring to.“ The link I provided was to provide some context to what he was referencing. It wasn’t about students on campus, football, etc...

Reactions: bshirt73
Where do you think this virus came from, dolt? One person. Where did the millions of cases in the U.S. come from? A few people entering the U.S. with Covid-19. It's called 'r naught.' It's the average number of people each person infects with a particular virus.

Man, this place is dope central. It's like the watering hole is laced with meth.

And you act like the r/0 never drops. We are seeing that in real time all across the country in areas that get up to 20% infection. Lifestyles have a huge impact on community spread. NYC has an atypical lifestyle compared to basically the entire country so their r/0 was way higher than a place like nebraska which has been basically flat the entire time.

Then leave.
You have a very narrow view of everything, and slander everyone who disagrees with you. Feel free to leave this toxic place, everyone will be better for it.

Then leave.
You have a very narrow view of everything, and slander everyone who disagrees with you. Feel free to leave this toxic place, everyone will be better for it.

And you would remain as uninformed as you are now. Why don't you leave, and read some research, them come back and tell us what you've learned.

And you act like the r/0 never drops. We are seeing that in real time all across the country in areas that get up to 20% infection. Lifestyles have a huge impact on community spread. NYC has an atypical lifestyle compared to basically the entire country so their r/0 was way higher than a place like nebraska which has been basically flat the entire time.

Why do you think the r naught has dropped, buffoon? Because people are socially distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands. Good grief, you couldn't help my argument more if you tried. LMAO!!

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Why do you think the r naught has dropped, buffoon? Because people are socially distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands. Good grief, you couldn't help my argument more if you tried. LMAO!!
Sure, all of those things matter and affect the timeline, but herd immunity does as well. Florida is a great case study on it, as they didnt really lockdown but once they got to 20%, cases started dropping and are continuing to drop. Based on your logic, the Spanish flu should have killed us all by now.

And you would remain as uninformed as you are now. Why don't you leave, and read some research, them come back and tell us what you've learned.
Yeah, like you’d give that the time of day. :rolleyes: You’re hyperventilating.

You are wrong on this issue. I’m sorry it hurts you that covid isnt as big of a deal as you’d all hoped. Its time to move on with our lives.

That's interesting, I think you're a simp that has been planted here.

I have no idea what simp means, but if I had to guess I would assume that it is a derogatory term invented by counter intelligence aholes to try to somehow demean the simple minded poplulation that roams this world. But, alas, you have not wondered upon such a person and you will have to come up with an actual argument of fact which you are few and far between from.

As such, I will label you a Bot administered by the Russians in aid of your pals, the donkey party.

I have no idea what simp means, but if I had to guess I would assume that it is a derogatory term invented by counter intelligence aholes to try to somehow demean the simple minded poplulation that roams this world. But, alas, you have not wondered upon such a person and you will have to come up with an actual argument of fact which you are few and far between from.

As such, I will label you a Bot administered by the Russians in aid of your pals, the donkey party.

It's a simpleton, simpleton. And if you weren't a simpleton, you would have known what it means.

Yeah, like you’d give that the time of day. :rolleyes: You’re hyperventilating.

You are wrong on this issue. I’m sorry it hurts you that covid isnt as big of a deal as you’d all hoped. Its time to move on with our lives.

Honestly, how much more dense can you get? Do you realize how absolutely nuts you sound by saying something that has killed nearly 200,000 in 6 months isn't a significant health threat??? Good Lord, listen to yourself for once.

It's a simpleton, simpleton. And if you weren't a simpleton, you would have known what it means.

HaHa..... I don't need to beg. Somehow, I feel that you do, being all submissive and hiding in your basement and all. How long has it been?

simp

[ simp ]

WHAT DOES SIMP MEAN?
Simp is a slang insult for men who are seen as too attentive and submissive to women, especially out of a failed hope of winning some entitled sexual attention or activity from them.

Translation? The word simp is meant to troll young men for doing anything for a girl to get some action he supposedly deserves.

Honestly, how much more dense can you get? Do you realize how absolutely nuts you sound by saying something that has killed nearly 200,000 in 6 months isn't a significant health threat??? Good Lord, listen to yourself for once.
Define significant health threat and the measures needed?

Also, your number is inflated, and provides zero context. You’re reaching. Again, sorry it aint as bad as y’all hoped.

HaHa..... I don't need to beg. Somehow, I feel that you do, being all submissive and hiding in your basement and all. How long has it been?

simp

[ simp ]

WHAT DOES SIMP MEAN?
Simp is a slang insult for men who are seen as too attentive and submissive to women, especially out of a failed hope of winning some entitled sexual attention or activity from them.

Translation? The word simp is meant to troll young men for doing anything for a girl to get some action he supposedly deserves.

Well, at least you're opening a dictionary! Fantastic! Stick with it simp.

What is another word for simp?
Noun
(slang) A simple person lacking common sense
fool doofus
jackass nincompoop
simpleton nitwit
nit dipstick
git ninny
turkey dingbat
booby goose
ninnyhammer charlie
cuckoo featherhead
berk charley
lunatic mooncalf
nut nutcase
ding-dong half-wit
yo-yo ding-a-ling
idiot imbecile
“She sparkles in the role and gives her character a wide-eyed sweetness without slipping into the portrayal of a stupid simp.”

ADVERTISEMENT