ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest blunder in sports history

For those of you who still don’t think this is about politics please see this ridiculous video.

My question is when doe the shoe drop on Warren? IF it doesn't, that tells me that their legal counsel and the presidents are complicit in what appears to be a politically motivated action. Personally I think those ads may backfire on them.

well, its nice to see more people jump on the bandwagon after shaming the living sh1t out of N Leadership, who looks more intelligent and brave, by the day.
the damage to the b1g brand (athletically AND academically) will not be easily repaired, if ever.
without football in battleground states, this will be low hanging fruit for trump come november.

Seems like the Big Ten presidents and athletic directors thought they could just hide out in their offices for a few weeks and everyone would blame the whole mess on Kevin Warren. I wonder what gave them that crazy idea?

Now with the CDC coming out with their new numbers it really looks bad

Uh...no it doesn't..

Shared from a physician (Dr. Tobin Moon Carson):

"If you have heart disease and cancer and get hit by a truck and die, you didn't die OF heart disease/cancer, you died WITH them.

It's the same with COVID.

COVID has killed more than 180k Americans in the past 6 months. All but 6% of these people have comorbidities (other medical problems) listed on their death certificate.

Don't think for a second that COVID wasn't the cause of death, just as you wouldn't question someone dying from trauma in motor vehicle accident if someone was run over by a truck. Maybe if they weren't weak from cancer or heart disease they could have gotten out of the way of the truck, but without the damn truck they'd still be here.

Same with COVID. People with some conditions have worse outcomes, but again, if they weren't hit by the truck, er, COVID, they'd still be alive.

The CDC under the direction of the current administration is trying to obfuscate this. So look both ways and wear a damn mask.

This has been a PSA from your (generally friendly, but increasingly fed up) doc."

Last edited:
It does look bad as most people are capable of making a distinction between otherwise healthy person and Great Grandma with liver cancer and compromised immune system dying of covid.

Covid19...like any flu...is a killer of the old and sick.

The truth is that the CDC numbers paint a dramatically different picture than the media or the good doctor's narrative.
Go Blue!

It does look bad as most people are capable of making a distinction between otherwise healthy person and Great Grandma with liver cancer and compromised immune system dying of covid.

The truth is that the CDC numbers paint a dramatically different picture than the media or the good doctor's narrative.
Go Blue!

Lol. Triggered response coming in 3....2......

Go Blue!

Sorry...wrong. Not the flu. Not even remotely the same mortality stats as the flu. Jeesh, when are people going to wake up?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2766121

Sorry...wrong. Not the flu. Not even remotely the same mortality stats as the flu. Jeesh, when are people going to wake up?
Yeah you're right. Mortality for the flu is higher in college kids. When are you going to wake up. We're talking about college kids playing sports and you keep bringing up your concern about your own fat ass.

Yeah you're right. Mortality for the flu is higher in college kids. When are you going to wake up. We're talking about college kids playing sports and you keep bringing up your concern about your own fat ass.

Good to see they built a bubble over the University of Nebraska campus. You're not very bright, are you? How many people over 40 do you think college students come in contact with every day?

I'm not the sedentary one with health problems. You might want to consider that before you open your mouth.

Didn't read the JAMA article, huh? Typical..

Reactions: sodako
Agreed. People need to wake up and open the country back up. Things still being shutdown is beyond stupid. We need to have all football rolling and fans in the stands.

Nope. We should have football, simply because if they're going to put 25,000 - 65,000 students on campus, what will 150 football players add to the cases? But having people packed in a stadium might be the dumbest idea ever known to man.

The country has been opened back up. Moose out front should have told you.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Nope. We should have football, simply because if they're going to put 25,000 - 65,000 students on campus, what will 150 football players add to the cases? But having people packed in a stadium might be the dumbest idea ever known to man.

This is in my opinion a level response. We can't shut down our economy, but we shouldn't go around acting like we don't have an unknown risk.

Fill every 5th seat or somthing like that so at least you don't lose face either way. Then get back to full speed as soon as we have more information.

We aren't dealing with airborne Ebola for Pete's sake.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
This is in my opinion a level response. We can't shut down our economy, but we shouldn't go around acting like we don't have an unknown risk.

Fill every 5th seat or somthing like that so at least you don't lose face either way. Then get back to full speed as soon as we have more information.

We aren't dealing with airborne Ebola for Pete's sake.

That's right, Ebola would be much easier to deal with than Covid-19. Not airborne, as you had mentioned.

I think 20,000 - 30,000 in the stands would be an ample number.

How is it the dumbest idea. Please give me an explanation. We've had huge protests, sturgis and other events that have been looked at poorly yet the numbers have basically remained the same for the past 8 weeks with a little bit of decline happening.

Reactions: nwualum

I'm glad I don't live in your reality. Things are pretty great in my reality. Besides having to eat/party in restaurant parking lots in April, I've been eating inside at restaurants without masks since May and working in an office where no one wears a mask. As a matter of fact, I ate at a bar/restaurant Sunday night that had no signs about COVID at all on their doors/windows telling you what you had to do to enter. Upon entry, the hostess had a mask, 1 out of the 50 to 75 patrons had a mask, and the two bartenders (we sat at the bar) had their masks under their chins (one gave up the pretense and took it off completely at some point). It was glorious. It has been this way since early May and nothing is spiking out of control here.

How is it the dumbest idea. Please give me an explanation. We've had huge protests, sturgis and other events that have been looked at poorly yet the numbers have basically remained the same for the past 8 weeks with a little bit of decline happening.

Here ya go. Reading is fun.. And people at Sturgis weren't sitting/standing in contact with each other for 4 straight hours..

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-states-report-covid-19-cases-linked-sturgis/story?id=72621900

I'm glad I don't live in your reality. Things are pretty great in my reality. Besides having to eat/party in restaurant parking lots in April, I've been eating inside at restaurants without masks since May and working in an office where no one wears a mask. As a matter of fact, I ate at a bar/restaurant Sunday night that had no signs about COVID at all on their doors/windows telling you what you had to do to enter. Upon entry, the hostess had a mask, 1 out of the 50 to 75 patrons had a mask, and the two bartenders (we sat at the bar) had their masks under their chins (one gave up the pretense and took it off completely at some point). It was glorious. It has been this way since early May and nothing is spiking out of control here.

Yep, spread the virus. Maybe a lot of these mindless halfwits will catch it and become a statistic. The fewer idiots, the better. This was certainly not in a metro area.

Reactions: sodako
Yep, spread the virus. Maybe a lot of these mindless halfwits will catch it and become a statistic. The fewer idiots, the better. This was certainly not in a metro area.

St. Louis suburbs (St. Charles County). Not city dense, but definitely not the sticks either. It really eats you up inside that there are people out there living their lives. I see you are one of those tolerant and compassionate people that only cares about the well being of other people. LOL.

St. Louis suburbs (St. Charles County). Not city dense, but definitely not the sticks either. It really eats you up inside that there are people out there living their lives. I see you are one of those tolerant and compassionate people that only cares about the well being of other people. LOL.

I care about people that care about other people. Those that don't give a shit about others like those mentioned in your first blathering post can die for all I care. The quicker the better for the rest of humanity. Thoughts and prayers etc.. etc.. on their exit.

Edit - The problem is...that isn't how it usually goes. Those people that are front line workers, that understand the severity of this virus, and see it every day (the ones YOU are putting in jeopardy EVERY F'ING DAY), are the ones that have to answer for your being irresponsible, and pay the ultimate price. And that's the burden you are placing on society. Yeah, be proud. That's quite a life you're living.. :(

Last edited:
Maybe we'll have a William Floyd no-call fumble at the goal line to get it across.

Or Tagge stretching across to clinch our first national title.

Some probably are hoping for the 1998 Blackshirts to turn away Okie State in the waning moments in Kansas City.

What are some other memorable goal line plays at crucial moments?

Here ya go. Reading is fun.. And people at Sturgis weren't sitting/standing in contact with each other for 4 straight hours..

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-states-report-covid-19-cases-linked-sturgis/story?id=72621900
you've never been to Sturgis. 250,000 people in a town the size of St Edward Nebraska standing at bars for hours on end with no masks and they've traced a handful of cases back to there. So far considering the number of people and the size of the area they were concentrated in, there hasn't been many cases diagnosed in local residents.

Last edited:

Try I've been to the event multiple times... I've stood and been in contact with people for 10 hours up there. Nice try... Once again you know nothing. Night time concerts alone fall in that range.. But hey look! You can post an article.

Take a lap or another vacation as you continue to make yourself look silly.

I care about people that care about other people. Those that don't give a shit about others like those mentioned in your first blathering post can die for all I care. The quicker the better for the rest of humanity. Thoughts and prayers etc.. etc.. on their exit.

Edit - The problem is...that isn't how it usually goes. Those people that are front line workers, that understand the severity of this virus, and see it every day (the ones YOU are putting in jeopardy EVERY F'ING DAY), are the ones that have to answer for your being irresponsible, and pay the ultimate price. And that's the burden you are placing on society. Yeah, be proud. That's quite a life you're living.. :(

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a nominee for "Humanitarian of the Year".

you've never been to Sturgis. 250,000 people in a town the size of St Edward Nebraska standing at bars for hours on end with no masks and they've traced a handful of cases back to there. So far considering the number of people and the size of the area they were concentrated in, there hasn't been many cases diagnosed in local residents.

Do you have any idea what 100 cases in the community will do? Remember when we had 15 total cases in this country?

Do you guys even use your f'ing heads when you read these articles? No wonder the country is being ravaged by this virus, with people like you guys living here.

Try I've been to the event multiple times... I've stood and been in contact with people for 10 hours up there. Nice try... Once again you know nothing. Night time concerts alone fall in that range.. But hey look! You can post an article.

Take a lap or another vacation as you continue to make yourself look silly.

In not the dumbass that suggested filling stadiums. Why don't you just take the gaspipe and do us all a favor.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a nominee for "Humanitarian of the Year".

Exactly. That's why I do everything I can not to share any bug or virus I might have with anyone else. I would call that "Doing my part." Take some notes.

Lol.. Nice response. Sorry you were wrong... Again. But hey, keep finding articles on the interwebs to post.

You forgot to mention...articles that illustrate how profoundly dense you are by suggesting filling a stadium up with people.

@Hoosker Du

Maybe take a look at this site.... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Don't have to be a genius to see that there has been a gradual decrease in cases even though we've had all kinds of gatherings going on, some with 50,000+ people yet no real change. Ban the old and the sick from the stadium and you'll be fine.. Keep living and spreading your gospel of fear.

Exactly. That's why I do everything I can not to share any bug or virus I might have with anyone else. I would call that "Doing my part." Take some notes.

If that's true, then one of the following statements is true:

A) You routinely wore a mask everywhere in public and routinely stayed at home during myraid virus outbreaks where thousands and hundreds of thousands died over the last 25 years

Or

B) You didn't really give a shit about your role in spreading all those diseases that caused all those deaths

@Hoosker Du

Maybe take a look at this site.... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Don't have to be a genius to see that there has been a gradual decrease in cases even though we've had all kinds of gatherings going on, some with 50,000+ people yet no real change. Ban the old and the sick from the stadium and you'll be fine.. Keep living and spreading your gospel of fear.

Do you and Dinglefritz share the same parents? How many times do I have to say that students, or anyone else less susceptible to this virus don't live in a GD bubble??!! Your posts get more dense with every waking moment.

If that's true, then one of the following statements is true:

A) You routinely wore a mask everywhere in public and routinely stayed at home during myraid virus outbreaks where thousands and hundreds of thousands died over the last 25 years

Or

B) You didn't really give a shit about your role in spreading all those diseases that caused all those deaths

As has been proven over and over, viruses in the past aren't killing people at the rate this one is currently.

As also mentioned previously, we don't have vaccines, effective antivirals, and previous exposure to this virus like we do other viruses. This isn't that difficult.

Do you and Dinglefritz share the same parents? How many times do I have to say that students, or anyone else less susceptible to this virus don't live in a GD bubble??!! Your posts get more dense with every waking moment.

No you just continue to clown yourself because you can't grasp that you are wrong. Do you really think all of these protesters, folks who went to Sturgis, etc are all just going back to a bubble? You don't think they are out participating in every day life interacting with their families, a lot of who are going to fall into the at risk categories? Come on man. If you can have 60K standing shoulder to shoulder at a protest, what is the difference of putting that into a stadium? I'll hang up a listen to your next BS response. I'll look for your quote from MSNBC as well.

As has been proven over and over, viruses in the past aren't killing people at the rate this one is currently.

So there is a certain limit at which we should protect others, and up until that point people should go die in their beds peacefully because you're going to do whatever the eff you want.

Who keeps that limit?

Listen...don't take offense to this...but you're not very insightful. To put it mildly. Laughing Some things in life you just have to accept and move on and perform at your sanitation engineer position to the best of your abilities.

And don't let anyone tell you any differently..tack those awards up on your wall for all to see when you win them. Be proud of them, Mel, or Vic, or Norm etc..

But leave stuff you don't understand to those that do. That same World-o-Meter you quoted says close to 190,000 deaths now. Just a few short days ago it said 180,000. A population the size of Lexington was just wiped off the map in the past 4 or 5 days. All of these deaths represent 21% of the world's death total...coming from 4% of the population. That's because people like you are suggesting we fill stadiums up.

Edit - You're damn right they aren't going back to a bubble! That's my point. They are going to infect others, in the multiple states that they came from. Use your head here.

Look out we have a message board tough guy here. Sorry when you are pressed on the facts, you can't come up with a good response so you have to resort to some sort of shot who you think I am. That's comical as well. Is that you Joe Biden? Look fat... Sorry you live in fear and are unable to look at an unbiased website that just counts numbers. Keep on living the dream internet tough guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT