ADVERTISEMENT

Big8teen?

now that ut is in the sec, the big should take over the pac 12 and remaining big 12, with nd

that's a super conference the sec would be lucky to match with taking over the acc.
then there would be 2 conferences like the nfl.

we could make a deal with ksu that they could join after 10 years of being in the mwc

• Haha
Reactions: BrighteRed24
Notre Dame will never, ever join the b1g

The ACC bent over backwards to accommodate them last year as our joke of a conference grandstanded and virtue signaled

As a result, ND enjoyed a playoff birth while half our “prestigious” conference couldn’t even play 8 games

Notre Dame will never, ever join the b1g

The ACC bent over backwards to accommodate them last year as our joke of a conference grandstanded and virtue signaled

As a result, ND enjoyed a playoff birth while half our “prestigious” conference couldn’t even play 8 games
Not to mention the basketball program also made a commitment to the ACC too..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
west:
ucla
stanford
usc
oregon
byu
cal
washington
asu
boise state
arizona

midwest:
Nebraska
colorado
ku
okie light
tcu
baylor
houston
tt
hawaii
ksu (in 10 years)

mid east:
wisconsin
minnesota
iowa
michstate
northwestern
isu
nd
illinois
indiana
purdue

east:
ohio state
michigan
penn state
maryland
west v.
rutgers
north carolina
boston college
pitt
clemson

Reactions: huntered
now that ut is in the sec, the big should take over the pac 12 and remaining big 12, with nd

that's a super conference the sec would be lucky to match with taking over the acc.
then there would be 2 conferences like the nfl.

we could make a deal with ksu that they could join after 10 years of being in the mwc
ND will never join the B1G. There is a history there that goes back over a hundred years. It’s well documented.
Cliff notes:
Back in the early 1900’s when Fielding Yost was the coach, ND beat Michigan when Michigan was the National power & ND was nothing and Yost was extremely mad & bigoted (openly anti-Catholic). Yost then became the AD of Michigan & when ND, under Knute Rockne, tried to join the B1G (called the Western back then), Yost was so powerful he forced other conference teams to ban ND from joining. He then convinced other B1G programs to stop playing ND. This actually backfired because that is what caused ND to be the first National program, because they had to travel the entire country (from Army in NY to USC in LA) to play games in the ‘20s.
Then ND, having such a small number of male students, couldn’t keep their doors open during WWII when they all left for service, so they looked again to the B1G, who refused help (Michigan hoping to eliminate ND as their biggest threat), and ND almost closed. Navy stepped in & sent a thousand males to ND to keep the school open, which is why ND has promised to play Navy forever.
In the early 1990’s the B1G was leading the charge to try to stop ND from staying independent, now trying to get them to join. When ND refused, they then tried to stop ND from signing the NBC contract. Despite Texas & other teams trying to do the same in previous years (all failing), the B1G didn’t object to any other school trying to do the same, only ND.

Needless to say, their is a lot of animosity between ND & the B1G when it comes to football.

ND will never join the B1G. There is a history there that goes back over a hundred years. It’s well documented.
Cliff notes:
Back in the early 1900’s when Fielding Yost was the coach, ND beat Michigan when Michigan was the National power & ND was nothing and Yost was extremely mad & bigoted (openly anti-Catholic). Yost then became the AD of Michigan & when ND, under Knute Rockne, tried to join the B1G (called the Western back then), Yost was so powerful he forced other conference teams to ban ND from joining. He then convinced other B1G programs to stop playing ND. This actually backfired because that is what caused ND to be the first National program, because they had to travel the entire country (from Army in NY to USC in LA) to play games in the ‘20s.
Then ND, having such a small number of male students, couldn’t keep their doors open during WWII when they all left for service, so they looked again to the B1G, who refused help (Michigan hoping to eliminate ND as their biggest threat), and ND almost closed. Navy stepped in & sent a thousand males to ND to keep the school open, which is why ND has promised to play Navy forever.
In the early 1990’s the B1G was leading the charge to try to stop ND from staying independent, now trying to get them to join. When ND refused, they then tried to stop ND from signing the NBC contract. Despite Texas & other teams trying to do the same in previous years (all failing), the B1G didn’t object to any other school trying to do the same, only ND.

Needless to say, their is a lot of animosity between ND & the B1G when it comes to football.
I did not know alot of that, thanks for the post
I think yost was a coach at NU for a while.(probably before michigan)
but I think alot of that can be forgiven..heck I'm a calvinist and catholics used to do alot worse to us..
I forgive them...heck I would be ok with a mormon byu or commie cali teams, so I'd have a lot more incommon with nd.....if it made the big a better conference that could hang with the sec.

Reactions: baseball31ne
west:
ucla
stanford
usc
oregon
byu
cal
washington
asu
boise state
arizona

midwest:
Nebraska
colorado
ku
okie light
tcu
baylor
houston
tt
hawaii
ksu (in 10 years)

mid east:
wisconsin
minnesota
iowa
michstate
northwestern
isu
nd
illinois
indiana
purdue

east:
ohio state
michigan
penn state
maryland
west v.
rutgers
north carolina
boston college
pitt
clemson
this would blow the sec out of the water

I did not know alot of that, thanks for the post
I think yost was a coach at NU for a while.(probably before michigan)
but I think alot of that can be forgiven..heck I'm a calvinist and catholics used to do alot worse to us..
I forgive them...heck I would be ok with a mormon byu or commie cali teams, so I'd have a lot more incommon with nd.....if it made the big a better conference that could hang with the sec.
The anti-Catholic thing was just a Yost thing. The animosity is more for the B1G, overall as a conference, on three separate occasions trying to eliminate ND. Not just at football, they actually tried to close the University in 1942.
Funny enough, what Navy did for ND, ND also did for Michigan State in their time of need on a separate occasion. So ND forgave them & ensured their University did not close.

Reactions: redwine65
Cliff notes:

So,we all still hate Michigan right?

side note thanks for the info.

The anti-Catholic thing was just a Yost thing. The animosity is more for the B1G, overall as a conference, on three separate occasions trying to eliminate ND. Not just at football, they actually tried to close the University in 1942.
Funny enough, what Navy did for ND, ND also did for Michigan State in their time of need on a separate occasion. So ND forgave them & ensured their University did not close.
well, I placed them in a division with mich state and without michigan...which is kinda ironic I did that before knowing the whole michigan vs nd thing in the past... :)
we could probably dump isu or give them ksu spot and let navy join your division also.
I was just doing a pre bid blueprint of the conference

west:
ucla
stanford
usc
oregon
byu
cal
washington
asu
boise state
arizona

midwest:
Nebraska
colorado
ku
okie light
tcu
baylor
houston
tt
hawaii
ksu (in 10 years)

mid east:
wisconsin
minnesota
iowa
michstate
northwestern
isu
nd
illinois
indiana
purdue

east:
ohio state
michigan
penn state
maryland
west v.
rutgers
north carolina
boston college
pitt
clemson
Dang

Cliff notes:

So much for forgive and forget huh.

So much for forgive and forget huh.
It didn’t end there. That was just the beginning.
All the way up to a few years ago Michigan was still pulling stupid stunts. For example, when Michigan’s new AD (who was eventually removed) was brought on, he and the ND AD couldn’t come to terms on future games, so the ND AD replaced Michigan with other programs when the contract ended. The Michigan AD spent the entire week before the game calling ND “chickens” and then, during the game, had the song “chicken dance” played over & over again in the 4th Q.
When that AD was replaced, the ND AD renewed the games with Michigan (which were ‘18 & ‘19).
There is an entire book written (Natural Enemies) about the crap that has gone on with ND & Michigan.

It didn’t end there. That was just the beginning.
All the way up to a few years ago Michigan was still pulling stupid stunts. For example, when Michigan’s new AD (who was eventually removed) was brought on, he and the ND AD couldn’t come to terms on future games, so the ND AD replaced Michigan with other programs when the contract ended. The Michigan AD spent the entire week before the game calling ND “chickens” and then, during the game, had the song “chicken dance” played over & over again in the 4th Q.
When that AD was replaced, the ND AD renewed the games with Michigan (which were ‘18 & ‘19).
There is an entire book written (Natural Enemies) about the crap that has gone on with ND & Michigan.
you guys sound like you dislike each other, more than I dislike miami,texas,oklahoma,colorado,misery,k-state.dallas,denver...lakers...ccp,north korea,isis...pelosie,biden.....the french.... combined.......you could have a crossover rivalry game. with a kfc chicken bucket trophy to the winner..this is the big ten way

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT