ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Tourney Schedule Change: 25 May (Day 2)

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Jusy announced in the stadium, this will be the last game today.
Tomorrow's schedule:
Game 5: Indiana vs Michigan (elimination)
Game 4: Iowa vs Maryland (first round)
Game 6: Purdue vs loser game 4 (elimination)
Game 7: Minnesota vs Northwestern

Winner of game 4 and Nebraska not play until Friday.

Looks like a 9:00 AM start against the winner of Maryland and Iowa..
Glad I took Friday off ;)but I was planning on playing Golf Friday morning.:(

Looks like a 9:00 AM start against the winner of Maryland and Iowa..
Glad I took Friday off ;)but I was planning on playing Golf Friday morning.:(

I actually think they will change the schedule to look like this on Friday:

Game 9: 10 am CT: Loser 7 vs. Winner 5
Game 8: 1:30 pm CT: Nebraska vs. Winner 4
Game 10: 5 pm CT: Loser 8 vs. Winner 6

This is similar to Thursday's schedule, where they have the Maryland/Iowa loser play back-to-back double header. It makes sense to set the schedule up this way, because it does not make sense to have a team play a game, then sit and wait for 5 hours before they play again.

The only thing that could change this schedule would be the end of Game 7 Thursday night. The tournament organizers may feel like it is unfair to expect the loser of game 7 to play the early morning game. If they decide to spare the loser of this game, I could see the schedule looking like the following:

Game 8: 9 am CT: Nebraska vs. Winner 4
Game 10: 12:30 pm CT: Loser 8 vs. Winner 6
Game 9: 4 pm CT: Loser 7 vs. Winner 5

In both cases, there is a double header for the loser of game 8. I moved the times up for the 2nd scenario, because there should not be a late night game on Friday, due to early morning Saturday games.

This is just my thinking based on the schedule change for Thursday. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22 and k9_r
Hope your right, that schedule works for me or anyone else that wants to watch the game.

Makes sense. I can't remember exactly what they did during last year's delays and postponements. But I remember that just like this year, they didn't have a team that was originally scheduled to play a late game rescheduled to play the first game the next day.

Ha wow, received an email from the Indiana athletics office at 11:15am eastern (35 minutes ago) telling me about the schedule change. Glad they were on the ball getting that notification out promptly.

Reactions: 50pack
I actually think they will change the schedule to look like this on Friday:

Game 9: 10 am CT: Loser 7 vs. Winner 5
Game 8: 1:30 pm CT: Nebraska vs. Winner 4
Game 10: 5 pm CT: Loser 8 vs. Winner 6

This is similar to Thursday's schedule, where they have the Maryland/Iowa loser play back-to-back double header. It makes sense to set the schedule up this way, because it does not make sense to have a team play a game, then sit and wait for 5 hours before they play again.

The only thing that could change this schedule would be the end of Game 7 Thursday night. The tournament organizers may feel like it is unfair to expect the loser of game 7 to play the early morning game. If they decide to spare the loser of this game, I could see the schedule looking like the following:

Game 8: 9 am CT: Nebraska vs. Winner 4
Game 10: 12:30 pm CT: Loser 8 vs. Winner 6
Game 9: 4 pm CT: Loser 7 vs. Winner 5

In both cases, there is a double header for the loser of game 8. I moved the times up for the 2nd scenario, because there should not be a late night game on Friday, due to early morning Saturday games.

This is just my thinking based on the schedule change for Thursday. Thoughts?

I guess I was wrong on the schedule. Looks like they will make the loser wait all day at the ballpark.

Reactions: saluno22
Minnesota and Northwestern going to be a late one tonight with that 13 inning game won by Indiana.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT