ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Scores, Standings & Tournament Brackets (5/27)

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
May 27

Big Ten Tournament Championship
Ohio State 3, Nebraska 1

Standings
1. Indiana (36-21, 17-7)
2. Michigan (41-18, 16-7)
3. Nebraska (31-23, 15-9)
3. Illinois (36-19, 15-9)
3. Minnesota (29-27, 15-9)
6. Iowa (31-24, 12-12)
6. Maryland (29-29, 12-12)
6. Ohio State (35-25, 12-12)
9. Northwestern (24-27, 11-13)
10. Rutgers (20-31, 9-14)
11. Michigan State (20-34, 8-15)
12. Purdue (20-34, 7-16)
13. Penn State (22-27, 4-18)

NCAA Tournament
Begins Friday, May 31

Corvallis Region

#1 Oregon State (36-18-1) vs. #4 Cincinnati (30-29)
#2 Creighton (38-11) vs. #3 Michigan (41-18) (3:00 p.m. - ESPN3)

Stillwater Region
#1 Oklahoma State (36-18) vs. #4 Harvard (27-14)
#2 Connecticut (36-23) vs. #3 Nebraska (31-22) (12:00 p.m. - ESPN3)

Oxford Region
#1 Mississippi (37-25) vs. #4 Jacksonville State (37-21)
#2 Illinois (36-19) vs. #3 Clemson (34-24) (3:00 p.m. - ESPNU)

Nashville Region
#1 Vanderbilt (49-10) vs. #4 Ohio State (35-25) (6:00 p.m. - ESPN2)
#2 Indiana State (41-16) vs. #3 McNeese State (35-24)

Louisville Region
#1 Louisville (43-15) vs. #4 Illinois-Chicago (29-21)
#2 Indiana (36-21) vs. #3 Illinois State (34-24) (1:00 p.m. - ESPN3)

Reactions: saluno22
My guesses..
- Michigan/Creighton (one of them) has a decent chance to come out of Corvallis winner.
- Nebraska is 50/50 to make the regional final but quite unlikely to win the thing.
- Marking Illinois as the favorite to win the Oxford regional. Best draw of the group.
- Ohio St is toast. Worst draw. Vanderbilt, oof.
- Indiana makes regional final. Another good draw, chances decent at Louisville.

Reactions: gunNrun
It will be interesting to see what odds Boyd Nation gives us. His Division I rankings currently look like this:

10. Oklahoma State
39. Nebraska
43. Connecticut
126. Harvard

We would obviously be a slight favorite over the Huskies and Crimson to make it to Sunday evening. Even with it technically being a neutral field, though, I’ll bet OSU will be at least 80% to advance to the supers.

It will be interesting to see what odds Boyd Nation gives us. His Division I rankings currently look like this:

10. Oklahoma State
39. Nebraska
43. Connecticut
126. Harvard

We would obviously be a slight favorite over the Huskies and Crimson to make it to Sunday evening. Even with it technically being a neutral field, though, I’ll bet OSU will be at least 80% to advance to the supers.
80% seems about right to me. Would be a glorious win if we pull it off. Will say this tho, UConn will not go quietly. They can pitch.

And the guy we likely see Friday is a lefty. :/

Yeah, another lefty, ouch. We'll just need to pitch with them inning by inning and look for our chances.

I'll say this, if we lose, UConn will lose round two and we'll have our shot at them after that. Like our chances a lot there.

If we come to play and bats show up we'll win the regional as our starting 3 on the mound are pretty damn stout against actual teams that can hit the ball very well! See ASU and Texas Tech who by the way both have better batting averages than Okie light and then there is Baylor and Michigan. .

If we come to play and bats show up we'll win the regional as our starting 3 on the mound are pretty damn stout against actual teams that can hit the ball very well! See ASU and Texas Tech who by the way both have better batting averages than Okie light and then there is Baylor and Michigan. .
I’m not sure I would point to ASU as an example. Sure, we took two from them but were boat-raced, 15-6, in the third with our ace on the mound.

Winning a regional isn’t the same as winning a weekend series. Taking two out of three from OSU would mean playing again a week later but it would also require winning two other games in OKC.

Don’t get me wrong, we have three starters who are good enough for us to win three straight games. We haven’t done that against quality opponents yet, though. Here’s hoping it happens this weekend!

80% seems about right to me. Would be a glorious win if we pull it off. Will say this tho, UConn will not go quietly. They can pitch.
Here are Boyd’s odds. It seems he includes postseason experience as a factor and UConn definitely has a lot more of that in recent years.

Oklahoma State - 81.8%
Connecticut - 9.4%
Nebraska - 8.7%
Harvard - 0.1%

Reece is ok but I wouldn’t use “damn stout” when you look at his stats compared to the other two. With that said I feel offense will decide our fortune much like past regionals.

Reece is ok but I wouldn’t use “damn stout” when you look at his stats compared to the other two. With that said I feel offense will decide our fortune much like past regionals.

Eddins' ERA ballooned from 3.86 to 5.18 after the two Michigan starts, he's still a solid starter and who I would go to against UCONN.

Reactions: sui111 and Wyldcard
Eddins' ERA ballooned from 3.86 to 5.18 after the two Michigan starts, he's still a solid starter and who I would go to against UCONN.
I’d rather see him against UCONN like you said. He’s held his own but I wouldn’t call him “damn stout” is all. Waldron is “damn stout” though.

Eddins sure put the clamps down on ASU the games where we won our Sunday games except for Michigan, but Eddins pretty much put the clamps to Minnesota, it was his relief that started dropping the ball and cost us that Sunday game on the second walk off of the weekénd.

Eddins sure put the clamps down on ASU the games where we won our Sunday games except for Michigan, but Eddins pretty much put the clamps to Minnesota, it was his relief that started dropping the ball and cost us that Sunday game on the second walk off of the weekénd.
Yes, he’s had some great outings. But he is inconsistent as a starter. Maybe I just have a different standard for “damn stout” than others. Doesn’t really matter regardless because he is our 5th best pitcher right now and our 3rd best starter. Like I said, offense will probably decide our success because I feel our pitchers will do enough.

So then who you starting against Harvard in round two (he asks with a wink)?

ADVERTISEMENT