6. Iowa (30-21, 12-11)
7. Maryland (27-27, 11-12)
7. Northwestern (24-26, 11-12)
7. Ohio State (30-24, 11-12)
10. Rutgers (20-30, 9-13)
11. Michigan State (20-33, 8-14)
12. Purdue (20-33, 7-15)
13. Penn State (22-26, 4-18)

If Indiana beats Rutgers, the Hoosiers will be Big Ten champions. If Indiana loses, Michigan will win the title.

Games for Saturday, May 18
Minnesota at Northwestern
#23 Illinois at Michigan State
Ohio State at Purdue
Rutgers at #25 Indiana
Iowa at Maryland
Arizona at Penn State

Next Nebraska Game - Wednesday, May 22
Big Ten Tournament - Omaha, NE

Nebraska vs. TBA

Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Illinois and Minnesota have clinched Big Ten Tournament berths.

Rutgers, Purdue, Michigan State and Penn State are eliminated from tournament contention.

Iowa, Maryland, Northwestern and Ohio State are playing for the final three spots.

Nebraska will be #3 seed at best, and #5 seed at worst, depending on the outcome of Saturday's games. Nebraska would lose tie-breakers to both Illinois and Minnesota should the Huskers end up tied with either or both of those teams.

Take the series vs Baylor/ASU and beating TTU was huge. Those damn one run games absolutely killed us on the conference title but we are playing very well going into the B1G Tournament. I like our chances!

0-2 or 1-2 in the Big Ten Tourney still will make it tough for this team to qualify! Win 2 or more and they are probably in!

0-2 or 1-2 in the Big Ten Tourney still will make it tough for this team to qualify! Win 2 or more and they are probably in!
0-2 or 1-2 would be a bad result but I gotta believe we are already in the NCAAs. Our RPI 35 and 9-11 record vs top 50 is a tournament resume. The conference tourney will decide if we're a two seed or a three in a regional but we're in for sure.

Reactions: coolonetoo
0-2 or 1-2 would be a bad result but I gotta believe we are already in the NCAAs. Our RPI 35 and 9-11 record vs top 50 is a tournament resume. The conference tourney will decide if we're a two seed or a three in a regional but we're in for sure.
Agreed. Record against top 50 should be a huge benefit. Baylor and ASU series wins as well.

I just cannot get by the fact no team without 30 victories has ever made the tourney. Add in our RPI drops quickly if we go 0-2.

It will be strange if we end up with less than 30 wins and make the field as an at-large team.

Considering we had 5 home games cancelled in March when we had crap cold weather..

Win 4 out of 5 and we would have had 32 wins

Reactions: saluno22
Considering we had 5 home games cancelled in March when we had crap cold weather..

Win 4 out of 5 and we would have had 32 wins
I'm not saying we aren't deserving, and obviously cancellations factor into our win total. I wish I had the time to search how many sub-30-win teams have earned an at-large berth to the tournament. My guess is not many.

Reactions: scarletred
I'm not saying we aren't deserving, and obviously cancellations factor into our win total. I wish I had the time to search how many sub-30-win teams have earned an at-large berth to the tournament. My guess is not many.
The committee will take in account the cancelled games. Winning percentage is a bigger factor than wins. It was an odd year for baseball so although not normal this year will certainly be an outlier for northern teams making a regional with less than 30 wins.

We have a better win percent than Auburn with their 31 wins and RPI 21. Auburn is a lock for an at-large bid.

We have a better win percent than Auburn with their 31 wins and RPI 21. Auburn is a lock for an at-large bid.
True, they also play in the best conference in baseball. Between you and me I feel we’re still on the bubble. A lot will depend on the conference tourney as always for many teams around the nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT