James Madison at Maryland
Northern Illinois at Iowa
Ball State at Indiana
Northwestern at Notre Dame
Xavier at Ohio State
South Dakota State at Minnesota
Butler at Purdue
Bradley at Illinois
Kansas State at Nebraska (6:30 p.m. - BTN Plus)

Reactions: saluno22
Kendall Rogers of D1Baseball.com takes a question about Nebraska's postseason chances in today's chat:

https://d1baseball.com/chats/d1baseball-weekly-chat-april-15/

Q: What do you think Nebraska's chances are at making a regional?

Kendall Rogers: Looking really good right now with an RPI in the 30s and a strong Big Ten record. With that said, three of the four final weekends against Illinois, Arizona State and Michigan will be huge. There's an outside shot Nebraska could get into the Top 16 range if it ran the table and won all those series.

Link: https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-college-baseball-top-25-chat-4519/

Chat from Baseball America

Q: Is it possible that Nebraska could host if they win enough? RPI is in good shape and still series with Illinois and Arizona State to go. Thoughts?

Teddy Cahill:
Yes. According to Boyd's RPI Needs Report, Nebraska can even still finish with a top-eight RPI. That's highly unlikely, but that Arizona State series is a big one for Nebraska to have. If the Huskers roll through the second half, hosting is still on the table. I think it will need to win either the Big Ten regular season or tournament title, but Nebraska is capable of that. The margin for error is not great, however.

All the hosting chat can go away...I don't even want to think about it until we get through a couple more series.
Yep. Way the hell too early.

But this is the closest we've come in years. Anticipation builds in this old heart. Must beat Iowa... and KSU/UNO.

To be honest I would be shocked if we hosted because so much has to happen. But, This time last year we weren't sure if we'd even make the Big Ten Tourney so it is a lot more fun speculating one over the other.

Reactions: k9_r and sklarbodds
We aren’t hosting. Probably go 1-1 midweek but just have to win this Iowa series. I like them starting Luensmann instead of Perry against KState, Creighton shelled Perry the second time they saw him.

We aren’t hosting. Probably go 1-1 midweek but just have to win this Iowa series. I like them starting Luensmann instead of Perry against KState, Creighton shelled Perry the second time they saw him.
To be fair they shelled all of our pitchers that night, the simple truth is we didn't show up in any form or fashion that game.

That is what worries me about the sudden lack of clutch hitting the last few games. It reminds me of what we start to do once we "feel we've arrived" and something that has plagued the last few Erstad led teams this point in the year.

To be fair they shelled all of our pitchers that night, the simple truth is we didn't show up in any form or fashion that game.

That is what worries me about the sudden lack of clutch hitting the last few games. It reminds me of what we start to do once we "feel we've arrived" and something that has plagued the last few Erstad led teams this point in the year.

In the Creighton game we got just four hits off Johnny Wholestaff. Just a pathetic performance.

Funny thing about the Penn St series, we hit just .163 for the weekend but won all three games. Pitching won those games for us but so did a few timely clutch hits. We got them, Iowa didn't.

Reactions: RobsterMobster

We will put it together. Baseball has some ups and downs. Tough for me to complain about a team leading the league in runs, hits, stolen bases, total bases, walks, ERA, opponent batting average, etc. One of these days our weekend starters are going to have a bad outing and our bats will need to pick us up, especially with the competition coming our way. I’d rather be on the top of the mountain and have someone have to knock us off while having confidence than try to claw our way up if with a young team.

We will put it together. Baseball has some ups and downs. Tough for me to complain about a team leading the league in runs, hits, stolen bases, total bases, walks, ERA, opponent batting average, etc. One of these days our weekend starters are going to have a bad outing and our bats will need to pick us up, especially with the competition coming our way. I’d rather be on the top of the mountain and have someone have to knock us off while having confidence than try to claw our way up if with a young team.
Agree 100% and I admit it is the skeptic in me that worries, nothing specific the team has done this season to cause the worry. :Cool:

I have no confidence at this point. They are spiraling downhill offensively. This is typical of Erstad ball though. Ive learned to not get too excited anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT