ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Score Updates!

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
figured we could use this thread to update scores all day.

Currently Indiana is playing on BTN and beating Rutgers 8-3 at the 7th inning stretch. If they win they win the Big Ten outright. Oddly enough if Michigan and MSU would have counted that midweek game as a makeup game then Michigan would have already been guaranteed a share.

Illinois is currently beating MSU 3-1 after 4. If Illinois wins we will be guaranteed the 9pm game on Wednesday as a 4/5 seed. Minnesota will decide our fate regarding that specific seed.

Iowa is currently beating Maryland in the top of the 2nd 1-0.

Ohio State is destroying Purdue 8-1 after 3. All runs were scored in the first inning.

Reactions: saluno22
Wow, OSU and Purdue tied 9-9 and it’s still only the bottom the the 5th.

Maryland and Iowa are now tied 4-4 after Iowa put a 3 spot up in the top of the 4th.

Illinois is up 4-2 on MSU after 6.

Oh, and Penn State still sucks.

The stats in this Ohio State-Purdue game are kinda interesting. Ohio State has 13 runs on 20 hits including 6 home runs. Purdue has 11 runs on 9 hits and 0 home runs. Uuuugly.

Illinois has beaten Michigan State 5-3 to lock up the #3 seed assuring Nebraska will play the late late game on Wednesday.

Currently Minnesota is winning 4-3 in the top of the 4th over Northwestern.

Reactions: donahues17
Illinois has beaten Michigan State 5-3 to lock up the #3 seed assuring Nebraska will play the late late game on Wednesday.

Currently Minnesota is winning 4-3 in the top of the 4th over Northwestern.

So much for playing Iowa again on Wednesday morning..

So much for playing Iowa again on Wednesday morning..
How's Iowa doing? I thought it was possible for them to slip out of the field if they lost and the three teams behind them (one of which being their opponent, Maryland) won.

EDIT: If Northwestern won over Minnesota, Maryland over Iowa, and Ohio State over Purdue, Iowa would be out, right? (and we would be the #4 seed.)

How's Iowa doing? I thought it was possible for them to slip out of the field if they lost and the three teams behind them (one of which being their opponent, Maryland) won.
Currently losing to Maryland 7-4 in the bottom of the 7th. A lot depends on the other games. Ohio State, Northwestern are both trying to get a spot as well. Northwestern is currently losing.

Currently losing to Maryland 7-4 in the bottom of the 7th. A lot depends on the other games. Ohio State, Northwestern are both trying to get a spot as well. Northwestern is currently losing.
Well...
Go Terps, Go BuckSickeyesSick, and Go Wildcats.

OSU has beaten Purdue 13-11. They now have to hope Northwestern or Maryland lose it appears.

Maryland is currently beating Iowa 8-4 in the bottom of the 7th.

Illinois win makes it offical.

Huskers play Wednesday night in Game 4 against the Gophers.

Minnesota's current weather delay game
only determines who the Home team will be for Game 4.

Maryland scores a couple in the bottom half of the inning to take the lead back. Iowa is down to their last three outs.

Maryland beat Iowa 10-8

Looks as though Maryland and Ohio State are in. The final spot will either be Iowa or Northwestern.

I'd been commending Rick Heller as an example of a good coach in the B1G, but I think maybe I'll hold off on that for awhile. Their late season collapse is stunning and even worse than anything Erstad's teams have done. They were riding high, ranked and projected as making a regional after their series win over UC-Irvine. They then go and lose 5 straight to end the season and have to wait to see if they even make the conference tournament. Then again, I'm not sure if I'd want to face them in the conference tournament. We always seem to find a way to blow it against them even when we should win.

If Northwestern comes back to beat Minnesota, we are the home team on Wednesday and Iowa misses the tourney altogether. Come on, Wildcats!
Last piece of the puzzle. Would be fantastic.

... However, correct me if I'm wrong, the "home" team designation for games beyond the first round is based on the team that has been the home team fewer times in the tournament (or the higher seed if that number is equal between the two teams), correct? So if we're the 5-seed, that means we would be the home team in the second round regardless, right? Because we'd play #1 (home in first round) or #8 (away in first round) in the second round.

Reactions: scarletred
I'd been commending Rick Heller as an example of a good coach in the B1G, but I think maybe I'll hold off on that for awhile. Their late season collapse is stunning and even worse than anything Erstad's teams have done. They were riding high, ranked and projected as making a regional after their series win over UC-Irvine. They then go and lose 5 straight to end the season and have to wait to see if they even make the conference tournament. Then again, I'm not sure if I'd want to face them in the conference tournament. We always seem to find a way to blow it against them even when we should win.
If Iowa makes the tournament, they will be the #7 seed and on the other side of the bracket. I would be OK playing them because it would mean we made it to Saturday or Sunday.

Minnesota and Northwestern are back underway. They are in the bottom of the 5th and Minny leads 5-3.

If Iowa makes the tournament, they will be the #7 seed and on the other side of the bracket. I would be OK playing them because it would mean we made it to Saturday or Sunday.

No Maryland would be the 7th seed and Herky would be 8th..

It would be a three-way tie. Maryland would get the #6 seed based on best record against the other two. Iowa would then get #7 based on beating Ohio State head-to-head 2-1.
I guess I was wrong. The Big Ten’s site says Iowa is the #8 seed. Ohio State is #7.

1. Indiana
2. Michigan
3. Illinois
4. Minnesota
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. Ohio State
8. Iowa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT