ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Only Season

Did they take measures to ensure the safety of people because of h1N1?

This is all about liability and recognition of the fact that there is a threat to life and having taken measures against it, but not all encompassing measures. By their actions they have recognized that by watching athletes play football games, people could die. Its no longer an "at your own risk" type of thing. Its a "we knew you might die but come on over" type of thing.
I completely understand that’s why a lot of churches closed, nothing to do with religious freedom, but more about the liability

My prediction is in two weeks it will be announced there will be no fall sports. To many hire up people that have the sky is falling attitude. Problem is most of these colleges sports programs will be broke. I’m neutral on a mask wear it if you want to but if you choose not to I’m fine. Again the virus will still be around, it’s not stopping if you social distancing or wear a mask.
actually its been proven infections go way down with social distancing and masks. some countries have single digit infections because of their citizens acceptance of those 2 behaviors.

actually its been proven infections go way down with social distancing and masks. some countries have single digit infections because of their citizens acceptance of those 2 behaviors.
The haven’t done any social distancing in Japan or Taiwan. And those two countries have really low deaths

Any idea how this would work? Do they make all new schedules or just add a game to existing schedules?

Except "social distancing" is made up garbage and masks are likely counterproductive...

It'd be much more prudent on blaming the "flattening of the curve" and dragging all this nonsense out, but call people names, I'm sure that'll help convince them.
LOL it is an impossibility for an infection to spread if people are separated from one another. do you think this bug has a key to your house and can get in by itself?
why do u think social distancing/mask wearing is so much more accepted in areas where the virus did big damage? they saw what can happen. and they saw what those 2 behaviors did to the numbers. you are ignorant because you have not witnessed either one

Last edited:
Any idea how this would work? Do they make all new schedules or just add a game to existing schedules?

At first I guessed they would just add a team like Indiana (or MSU or Maryland or Michigan) to our schedule and work it that way. But now it’s sounding more like all schedules might be scrapped and they might make new ones up....?

Last edited:
Do you plan on wearing a mask for 1,2,5 years? This virus is hear to stay. Best thing we can hope for is a treatment that stops it, simply because they still don’t of the cure for the cold since it’s also a virus. I will add that today’s media isn’t helping the situation, so much scare tactics and not keeping us informed on different positive treatments.

honestly, no I probably won’t wear a mask for that long, and you raise some great points. I’m hoping it goes the way of the Spanish flu (without the whole killing millions of people part) and eventually dies out by next summer

There isn't going to be a season because people in this country are too stubborn to wear a mask that drastically reduces transmissions of the virus.
Sorry guys. My fault. I removed my mask at Menards while walking around a mostly empty store. This season is on me.
Saw a headline from a guy who said we should equate non-mask-wearers to drunk drivers. These are the people that need to stay home, and stay safe, for a long time...and get educated, or find an organized religion to practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr

Ok bro, here’s a quote I found by Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren on the 10 BIG 10 games if we do have a season. “Warren said officials would be working on the scheduling situation over the next week or so "to provide some great Big Ten football hopefully in the fall to our fans."”

So it sounds like our previous 2020 schedule will indeed get scrapped for a new, adjusted one.

Covid is a scam, masks are mind control devices, and the vaccine is part of the depopulation/control agenda by big brother to destroy America. America is the last stronghold of freedom and independence. Welcome to the world of censorship, morality police, and authoritarian control. First they destroy the economy, destroy jobs, put you on house arrest, then march through the streets destroying statues of American Heros, then take away football, and on and on and noone is standing up and saying anything because they are afraid they will lose their job or be called a racist. It boggles my mind.

Reactions: Fan not fanatic
Covid is a scam, masks are mind control devices, and the vaccine is part of the depopulation/control agenda by big brother to destroy America. America is the last stronghold of freedom and independence. Welcome to the world of censorship, morality police, and authoritarian control. First they destroy the economy, destroy jobs, put you on house arrest, then march through the streets destroying statues of American Heros, then take away football, and on and on and noone is standing up and saying anything because they are afraid they will lose their job or be called a racist. It boggles my mind.

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ...

Do you plan on wearing a mask for 1,2,5 years? This virus is hear to stay. Best thing we can hope for is a treatment that stops it, simply because they still don’t of the cure for the cold since it’s also a virus. I will add that today’s media isn’t helping the situation, so much scare tactics and not keeping us informed on different positive treatments.
yes plan on wearing a mask for at least 6 months maybe a year. its not very tough or uncomfortable. i work out with one.
Sorry guys. My fault. I removed my mask at Menards while walking around a mostly empty store. This season is on me.
Saw a headline from a guy who said we should equate non-mask-wearers to drunk drivers. These are the people that need to stay home, and stay safe, for a long time...and get educated, or find an organized religion to practice.
i dont think anyone is saying you have to wear a mask if no one is around. your exaggerations are part of the problem. you are painting the situation far more extreme than what it really is. my in laws and i were just discussing over the 4th of july how little affect all this has really had on us personally. really the only thing i was ever doing without was the gym and they reopened with mask recommended. so now all i have to do is wear a mask and pretty much everything else is like always

"Boggled" is one way of putting it.

im guessing a lot of stuff boggles your mind.

I'm interested to see how a conference only schedule plays out. Evens the playing field, no more padding your record with directional schools.

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/aec4de2a-f3fc-419d-940a-4df27a997a28

Besides the fans, the biggest loser of the B1G decision is the MAC conference which loses millions of dollars that the B1G paid their teams for those non-conference games. MAC teams will have to do a lot of belt tightening to get through this.

If that minor inconvenience saves someone life, then yes, I'll wear a mask the remainder of my life.

Reactions: regionsdoc
If you want to call me a snowflake for looking out for my fellow citizens by wearing a stupid mask, then by all means, call me a snowflake.
This is why this has gotta over blown, imo this country has gotten soft. This isn’t nuclear fallout it’s not even scarlet fever or polio. This country didn’t shut down in 1957 where 160,000 died from a virus

This is why this has gotta over blown, imo this country has gotten soft. This isn’t nuclear fallout it’s not even scarlet fever or polio. This country didn’t shut down in 1957 where 160,000 died from a virus
has every country gotten soft? because its not just the USA. Virtually every country in the world made the same decisions. i'm not sure there has ever been as much agreement on a topic by so many different countries in the history of the world. Also in 1957 the USA developed a vaccine for that flu before it even arrived here. totally different circumstance. but nice try

Reactions: CameronKrazie86

H2N2 killed 116,000 Americans, we're up over 135,000 with covid19. That doesn't include the suspiciously large increase of pneumonia and influenza classified deaths that just happens to correspond with covid19 surfaced in the US.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1957-1958-pandemic.html

If you want to call me a snowflake for looking out for my fellow citizens by wearing a stupid mask, then by all means, call me a snowflake.
If I am not symptomatic, sneezing, coughing and not in someone's space, I am not wearing an oxygen-depriving petri dish. Hopefully, 20 years of volunteer teaching of fertility awareness methods to engaged and married couples, so the female is not on the Pill (Group 1 carcinogen that also causes blood clots and sudden death) means that I, too, care for people's well being and am not merely a heartless, murderous maniac without a mask. Don't honestly care what others think. I do know that the first person that confronts me about non mask wearing will be invited, in no uncertain terms, to practice social distancing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT