ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Meeting this morning - cancelling season?

Every mask wearing and non mask wearing gathering, whether crowded beach, crowded bar, crowded church, gym, and house party ever reported on the news --some of which have been shut down -- are also a drop in the bucket in a nation of 350 million.

It's pretty much the definition of 'arbitrary'.

Anyone asserting that the riots/protests are the primary driver of this spread is every bit as willfully ignorant as someone who asserts that these gatherings don't spread it.
wow someone willing to say both sides are exaggerating to make themselves feel better about their preconceived opinions. i like it

Reactions: cornhustler
Hyperbole much? What is it 100 hypothetical assumptions or 50?

Please list the hypothetical assumptions that are causing you to have issues.

Is it that average testing went from approx. 200 a day (being generous) in April and May to over 900 a day in July. Is that "hypothetical" too much for you to process?

As far as Sweden is concerned, I could not find any data on their testing per day. But on the chart below one can assume logically that the increase in June was a result of increased testing. I know this is one of the hypothetical assumptions you hate, but you can assume that because testing kits were scarcer in April and May than in June and July. You can use the USA as a proxy as we averaged around 200k test per day in April/May (higher end of the average skewed toward the end of May), 400K to 450K a day per day in June, and around 750K per day in July.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/usa

Sweden positive cases per day

50209831928_bf60b077c5_c.jpg

However, we do not need to rely on faulty case per day data to analyze the spread of the virus as Sweden does an excellent job of ICU analysis and reporting. Below you can see the number of new intensive care COVID positive cases per day. As you can see, the supposed June "spike" in cases is not confirmed by the intensive care data for June and July as the new ICU admissions kept decreasing through out June and July months. Date of death Covid data also backs up that the virus was actually decreasing through June rather than increasing as the faulty positive cases per day data shows.

Sweden New Intensive Care cases per day
50209831918_dfd885113f_b.jpg

Sweden Deaths per day by Date of Death

50210629027_ed9539d749_c.jpg

Source: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa
seriously, the more data you have to explain the better chance it is a bunch of BS. You're seriously trying to teach us exactly what is going on in Sweden from your desktop in nebraska? im going to guess there may be more than a couple percentage points of error in your analysis.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Hyperbole much? What is it 100 hypothetical assumptions or 50?

Please list the hypothetical assumptions that are causing you to have issues.

Is it that average testing went from approx. 200 a day (being generous) in April and May to over 900 a day in July. Is that "hypothetical" too much for you to process?

As far as Sweden is concerned, I could not find any data on their testing per day. But on the chart below one can assume logically that the increase in June was a result of increased testing. I know this is one of the hypothetical assumptions you hate, but you can assume that because testing kits were scarcer in April and May than in June and July. You can use the USA as a proxy as we averaged around 200k test per day in April/May (higher end of the average skewed toward the end of May), 400K to 450K a day per day in June, and around 750K per day in July.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/usa

Sweden positive cases per day

50209831928_bf60b077c5_c.jpg

However, we do not need to rely on faulty case per day data to analyze the spread of the virus as Sweden does an excellent job of ICU analysis and reporting. Below you can see the number of new intensive care COVID positive cases per day. As you can see, the supposed June "spike" in cases is not confirmed by the intensive care data for June and July as the new ICU admissions kept decreasing through out June and July months. Date of death Covid data also backs up that the virus was actually decreasing through June rather than increasing as the faulty positive cases per day data shows.

Sweden New Intensive Care cases per day
50209831918_dfd885113f_b.jpg

Sweden Deaths per day by Date of Death

50210629027_ed9539d749_c.jpg

Source: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa
seriously, the more data you have to explain the better chance it is a bunch of BS. You're seriously trying to teach us exactly what is going on in Sweden from your desktop in nebraska? im going to guess there may be more than a couple percentage points of error in your analysis.

For what it's worth, Rutgers and Nebraska practiced today after the announcement of the "cancelation."

Nebraska, Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, and Minnesota are known to be practicing tomorrow.

My source is Sean Callahan's Twitter feed in case anyone is curious. Also, Parker Gabriel is putting out some interesting stuff in the Twitterverse, too...

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
For what it's worth, Rutgers and Nebraska practiced today after the announcement of the "cancelation."

Nebraska, Illinois, Ohio State, and Michigan are known to be practicing tomorrow.

My source is Sean Callahan's Twitter feed in case anyone is curious. Also, Parker Gabriel is putting out some interesting stuff in the Twitterverse, too...

Dan Patrick source is full of $#i& then about the 12-2 vote..

Not my analysis and I have to explain it to you because I know FACTS and DATA are beyond your comprehension.

Nebraska, Illinois, Ohio State, and Michigan are known to be practicing tomorrow.

nebraska practicing is no shocker. we brought athletes back before any other school. we chose to keep conditioning in somewhat similar situations where others paused their workouts. NEB will be the last ones to stop practicing if it comes to that. Some of these other schools dont totally rely on football for their self image and school brand. NEB doesn't really fit with B10 schools. We fit better in the B12. Those are their peer academic schools.

nebraska practicing is no shocker. we brought athletes back before any other school. we chose to keep conditioning in somewhat similar situations where others paused their workouts. NEB will be the last ones to stop practicing if it comes to that. Some of these other schools dont totally rely on football for their self image and school brand. NEB doesn't really fit with B10 schools. We fit better in the B12. Those are their peer academic schools.
I wouldn't count out Ohio State for being in it for the long haul simply because they're a legitimate national championship contender with a QB who is a going to be a Heisman finalist and won't be back in 2021. They're the key cog in any move made by the team's in the B1G should the conference cancel.

how did it expand in so many places without any protests?

With this post you demonstrate you don't know how disease spreads. You also imply that you think diseases go away if people just stay in their homes. In nature "opportunistic" has a specific meaning. Just like it does in politics. I'm betting you are more familiar with the social-science application of that word vs. the science-science application of that word.

Research cross reactive T-Cells. It's a thing.

A lot of people are lauding the small island countries that can completely shut down international travel and isolate their citizens. IMO they are setting themselves up for a big hit later. Their citizens are not going to be getting exposed to the more minor viruses that keep your immune system running at a high gear, building those cross reactive immunities. And, viruses seem to have a way of finding hosts out in the middle of nowhere.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/at-sea-for-35-days-sailors-mysteriously-contract-coronavirus

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2130424/

Almost like I can predict the future. Winking

New Zealand's economy is insignificant to the rest of the world. It's a tiny island in the middle of nowhere. It's easy to shut it down.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT