ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Football Schedule Notes

itseasyas1-2-3

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 6, 2021
You would assume with an 18 team conference, there would be some unusual scheduling;

Nebraska will play 4 teams this year that will be coming off a bye week when they face the Huskers. IND, OSU, UCLA, and USC.
However, the USC v. NU game will be both teams coming off a bye week;

After the non-conference season, ORE will play 8 straight Big Ten opponents before a bye week;

USC has a season long schedule that goes, Away/Home on alternating weeks.
They also avoid OSU and ORE but do pick up MICH and PENN ST.;

OSU finishes the season with 6 straight games and no bye;

As mentioned, RUT avoids OSU, ORE, MICH, PSU;

Penn State has only Ohio State among the big 4 teams;

Coming off a bye week, MICH opponents will be Indiana and Northwestern.

That home/away dichotomy USC has will be really tough. Especially considering they will be traveling 2000+ miles for most of those away games.

Edit: And who the hell did Schiano suck off to get that schedule?

Reactions: baseball31ne
That home/away dichotomy USC has will be really tough. Especially considering they will be traveling 2000+ miles for most of those away games.

They have one trip to Maryland, the others are all midwest schools.

As far as the question, if I'm the head coach I'm probably gonna delegate that to a Grad Assistant.

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub and Zeke2005

There are 7 teams that have not more than one home game in a row before they go on the road.

I would guess they gave Rutgers a favorable schedule hoping they have a big year in order to generate some excitement in that NJ/NY area.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT