ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Tourney - Game 10 #1 Nebraska vs.#4 Maryland (Huskers lose 8-5)

The last one was 3 years ago. We've lost 8 of our last 9 postseason games. I'd say at this point, sh!tting the bed is typical in the postseason until shown otherwise (like making another title game, conference or regional).

Top 4th

Leadoff walk for Maryland. Back to back singles load the bases. Base clearing triple. RBI infield single to 2nd. Next batter Ks. Double to left center puts runners on 2nd and 3rd. Costes Ks. Hard groundout to McSteen stops the damage

The last one was 3 years ago. We've lost 8 of our last 9 postseason games. I'd say at this point, sh!tting the bed is typical in the postseason until shown otherwise (like making another title game, conference or regional).
Should we post the boxscores of these games since 2015? That would be "fun" Sick

Regardless of how anyone feels we need to hire Marylands pitching coach. Guy does well at developing his pitchers.

Reactions: saluno22
Okay? We still have done more without him than with him i.e. Conference champs
Which is why I said. . .wait for it. . .postseason. . .:eek: Fortunately Maryland's pitcher's arm might fall off by the 14th strike out so we'll get to their bullpen soon enough by default, who knows. . .

Which is why I said. . .wait for it. . .postseason. . .:eek: Fortunately Maryland's pitcher's arm might fall off by the 14th strike out so we'll get to their bullpen soon enough by default, who knows. . .
Luckily we'll get another shot at a regional to see what Darin can do

Reactions: RobsterMobster
This reliever for Maryland is throwing fire. Typically 94/95 on the gun.

Bottom 5th

Mojo with a leadoff walk to start the Huskers comeback. Schreiber reaches on an Infield single. Miller flies out to deep CF but both runners advance to 2nd and 3rd. Pitching change for Maryland (thankfully). Alvarado grounds out to 3rd but scores Mojo on the play. Roskam Ks again

Top 6th

Two out walk for Maryland as McSteen's day comes to an end and Chad Luensmann comes in to pitch but before he really can Wilkening throws out the runner stealing for out #3

Is this the earliest Luensmann has entered a game?
My guess is they are going to just give pitchers some work and if the batters wake up great but if not they at least worked out the bullpen. I'd expect to see Alvarado as well. Maybe Palkert if we get within a couple runs.

Bottom 6th

Schlepp with an infield single to 2nd with one out. Raburn singles to left centerfield as Schlepp goes 1st to 3rd. WP moves Raburn to 2nd. Altavilla with an RBI groundout to 2nd as Raburn moves to 3rd on the play. Mojo reaches on an E4 and Raburn scores on the error. Schreiber grounds out to 3rd

My guess is they are going to just give pitchers some work and if the batters wake up great but if not they at least worked out the bullpen. I'd expect to see Alvarado as well. Maybe Palkert if we get within a couple runs.
Who do you think moves to CF if we bring in Alvarado to pitch? Klenke?

Here's how weird baseball can be:

Game 1: 12 hits but no runs scored
Game 2: Still hitless with runners in scoring position through 6 innings but 5 runs scored

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22
Who do you think moves to CF if we bring in Alvarado to pitch? Klenke?
At this point I think we would bring in Palkert since we're within 2 runs. Then again Leunsmann has less than 10 pitches on 4 outs so he may be our guy for the next inning as well.

Bottom 7th

One out single through the left side for Alvarado. Cronenbold grounds the lead runner out at 2nd but is safe at 1st on an FC. Wilkening Ks.

Top 8th

Two out infield single for Maryland. K ends the inning. Luensmann is on point right now.

Bottom 8th

Two out single to CF for Altavilla. Mojo Ks looking because we don't swing the bat anymore.

Maryland coach used the restroom between innings and emerged to a standing ovation from his players.

Top 9th

Back to back walks for alvarado. WP moves the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Groundout to 3rd, runners stay. RBI single past SS, runners on the corners. Next batter Ks. Pop up the the catcher ends what could have been a bad inning.

Bottom 9th

One out single to RF for Miller. Alvarado hits into a 6-4-3 DP. That was some horrible baseball. Hitters the first game and pitching coach decisions the 2nd.

Either way we are headed to a Regional as a 2 seed so let's refresh and get some wins!

Bottom 9th

One out single to RF for Miller. Alvarado hits into a 6-4-3 DP. That was some horrible baseball. Hitters the first game and pitching coach decisions the 2nd.

Either way we are headed to a Regional as a 2 seed so let's refresh and get some wins!
Not so sure we are a 2 seed anymore after a pretty underwhelming tournament.

Not so sure we are a 2 seed anymore after a pretty underwhelming tournament.
We probably will be. Winning the season title is more important to the committee. I believe the Big Ten Regular season champs have been the 2 seed the last 6 years or so including Minny last year who had an even more unimpressive showing than us this year.

We probably will be. Winning the season title is more important to the committee. I believe the Big Ten Regular season champs have been the 2 seed the last 6 years or so including Minny last year who had an even more unimpressive showing than us this year.
Won't matter much whether we're a #2 or #3 seed though if we get sent somewhere like Corvallis for a regional though. I just hope they don't take our underwhelming performance in the B1G tournament to send us somewhere really difficult. That's really what's more important-whether we have a #1 seed that we can beat.

Won't matter much whether we're a #2 or #3 seed though if we get sent somewhere like Corvallis for a regional though. I just hope they don't take our underwhelming performance in the B1G tournament to send us somewhere really difficult. That's really what's more important-whether we have a #1 seed that we can beat.
Usually it is somewhat based on region so my guess is they send us south. Hard to tell though because we seem to always be sent to the toughest Regionals. Unless they can wake this team up out of usual tourney mode none of it will matter anyways.

Usually it is somewhat based on region so my guess is they send us south. Hard to tell though because we seem to always be sent to the toughest Regionals. Unless they can wake this team up out of usual tourney mode none of it will matter anyways.
Yeah, I am more concerned about us being able to win at all. 1 win against Purdue in the B1G tournament doesn't exactly make one feel very confident about this team getting out of their postseason funk.

I think they could put us in the easiest regional and we could still easily crap the bed. This team is like a box of chocolates....you know the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT