ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Tourney - Game 1#3 MINN 5, #6 IND 4

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
W22LXbf.jpg

Rain get in heavier by the hour. No overhang at the seats, so probably won't be posting many updates. Decent crowd, probably about 500 in the stands.

Reactions: sklarbodds
Indiana batter wipes his bat off between his legs. Then hits into an inning ending DP.

Rainy baseball.

Play at the plate in B1 scores a run for Minnesota. Slid hard into the Indiana catcher, working with a bum ankle. Not a dirty play, just a hard play.

1-0 Minny after 1.

Crowd has probably grown to about 550-600.

Nice! Even though it's rainy, I'm jealous you're there! Can't wait for the tourney to come back home to TD :)

Reactions: saluno22
1-1 mid 2. Indiana scored on a 2B down the line, hunt, single to RF sequence

Controversial strikeout swinging to end T4. Check swing the umpire said hit the bat
Anyone watching at home see?

Indiana playing like a tournament team right now. Looking to see how their pitching holds up for the close.

Tag up...looks like he left a tiny bit early. Very close though, VERY close.

EDIT: They just did another replay...I dunno. He starts moving his leg before it's caught, but I don't know that his foot lifted off the bag before. VERY close.

Just noticed, four umps in this tournament. Need to do this for all games.

Tied up in the 6th. Good game.

WVA clobbering Baylor 9-0 5th inning in Bricktown.

And just like that Minnesota take a 7th inning lead.

So, it's the Gophers to the winner's bracket. First upset of the tournament. First game too.

Who we rooting for? Always liked both of them. Do we side with our own @Lincoln gopher ? That would work.
I think I'm glad Indiana lost. I would like the home team eliminated. But I definitely don't want anyone other than Nebraska, Michigan, Maryland or Indiana to win the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT