ADVERTISEMENT

Big Red Wrap Up

Champs 70-71-94-95-97

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 17, 2010
Kugler announced tonight that it was his last BRWU after 20 years. I know he is plenty busy, but didn't know he was leaving the show. Interesting to see what direction they go next season.

Jay is good with what he's doing but I don't think he would be a good host

Kevin is a good dude. I wish him the best. Kevin brings it and is a hard worker.

He really is a hard worker... I dated his sister for a short time back in the early 90's and that guy was practicing hard for his dream career back then. When others were out partying on a weekend he was at home watching games on mute and would practice calling them while recording himself. He would then critique the recording to make himself better... That my friends is commitment to your craft. I wish him the best of luck!

Not bad... what about Carriker? No clue where he lives tho... probably Pacific Northwest.
I believe he lives in Colorado near his wife's family if I'm getting the drift correctly from his segments on 590 radio. You probably need a non-player media professional to actually be the host. Moore would not be good at it. They'll find somebody. I was surprised that Kugler continued to do the show. It can't be all that lucrative and with all of his college and pro football work I wasn't sure how he squeezed that in. Kugler is a very good play by play guy and funny as heck at times.

I believe he lives in Colorado near his wife's family if I'm getting the drift correctly from his segments on 590 radio. You probably need a non-player media professional to actually be the host. Moore would not be good at it. They'll find somebody. I was surprised that Kugler continued to do the show. It can't be all that lucrative and with all of his college and pro football work I wasn't sure how he squeezed that in. Kugler is a very good play by play guy and funny as heck at times.
You captured my exact sentiments about Kugler. Love listening to him call a game. Not many better than him, and yes, I love his humor as well.

Reactions: Can o' corn
I looked for it last night as I record them on Tuesday. For some reason it was not listed last night and is set to record on Thursday.

Is kugler living in Chicago and cones back here or vice versa? Maybe just getting tired of the travel or getting promoted by BTN or something else on more of a national level

The show can't pay much can it? I mean...it is basically Waynes World for Husker fans, right? I love it and watch it all the time but the hosts and guests can't be making any real cash, right?

The show can't pay much can it? I mean...it is basically Waynes World for Husker fans, right? I love it and watch it all the time but the hosts and guests can't be making any real cash, right?
Probably not. Sports writers get free advertising as does Sean C and hail varsity. Good experience for Benning and Jay. Kugler just been doing it forever and loves Husker FB and it has served him well.

What do people think about Mike’l Severe? I enjoy listening to him on the radio when I can. But maybe he isn’t a TV guy.
I enjoy him on there as a guest. Brings in a very honest non sugar coated view point.

That's what will be hard to replace about kugler. He could do the same thing with a smile on his face.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
After two losing seasons, Kugler picked a bad time to leave.... just before things start getting good around here.

Is kugler living in Chicago and cones back here or vice versa? Maybe just getting tired of the travel or getting promoted by BTN or something else on more of a national level

I'm under the impression that Kugler lives near Omaha because twice this season he mentioned that because he was announcing an NU game (one in Lincoln, the second in Iowa City) he was able to spend the weekend/holiday with his family.

Not bad... what about Carriker? No clue where he lives tho... probably Pacific Northwest.

That's a no from me. I had to block the guys twitter because I got tired of seeing his stuff. Maybe it has more to do with him posting a ridiculous picture on everything he writes.

After last night's radio broadcast Iowa play by play man Gary Dolphin will probably be available soon.

We might as well dig up Lyle Bresmer instead of having Dolphin.o_O

Man, woman, and child. I like that idea. Kinda like Ted Williams' frozen head could still hit better than half the major leaguers today (and wayyyy better than the other half.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT