ADVERTISEMENT

Big Red Blitz

It’s a sign of maturity of the fans not fawning over, oohing and ahhing every move, skill shown, test or drill done by 14-17 year olds. They have something better to do. Hopefully. At least more productive.

I think the last thing high school teenagers need to question is Nebraska‘s fan intensity or devotion. Plus fandom in Nebraska doesn’t need to inflate the hat sizes of quality football players coming to Nebraska camps. To much self-worth can be self-defeating in reaching potential and worthwhile goals.

Now losing is in our fabric, or at least mediocrity in results has sent negative vibes everywhere. Sooner or later, some fan apathy or worse will or has happened to fans supporting Nebraska football. I for one never had interest in going to Lincoln and hyper-ventilating over talented KIDS, not seniors, who express interest in Nebraska by going to their camps.

I’m happy for the usual reporting which is enough for me. One of the reasons to subscribe here and elsewhere. Even in our long period of lackadaisical results, by and large, Nebraska seems to create enough interest from talented prospects.

Winning is becoming more critical to show progress. Help recruiting, improved selection, by developing players across the board and coaching up players and positions. Like the good old days. We all want that so the future of Husker football becomes more hard work and satisfaction and not inexperienced football management, ineptitude and the look and feel of terminal average results.

Scott Frost and company can turn the ship to smoother waters and better results. With less resistance and more forward momentum. 2021 is not a bad year to start seeing better vision meeting goals. GBR.

It’s a sign of maturity of the fans not fawning over, oohing and ahhing every move, skill shown, test or drill done by 14-17 year olds. They have something better to do. Hopefully. At least more productive.

I think the last thing high school teenagers need to question is Nebraska‘s fan intensity or devotion. Plus fandom in Nebraska doesn’t need to inflate the hat sizes of quality football players coming to Nebraska camps. To much self-worth can be self-defeating in reaching potential and worthwhile goals.

Now losing is in our fabric, or at least mediocrity in results has sent negative vibes everywhere. Sooner or later, some fan apathy or worse will or has happened to fans supporting Nebraska football. I for one never had interest in going to Lincoln and hyper-ventilating over talented KIDS, not seniors, who express interest in Nebraska by going to their camps.

I’m happy for the usual reporting which is enough for me. One of the reasons to subscribe here and elsewhere. Even in our long period of lackadaisical results, by and large, Nebraska seems to create enough interest from talented prospects.

Winning is becoming more critical to show progress. Help recruiting, improved selection, by developing players across the board and coaching up players and positions. Like the good old days. We all want that so the future of Husker football becomes more hard work and satisfaction and not inexperienced football management, ineptitude and the look and feel of terminal average results.

Scott Frost and company can turn the ship to smoother waters and better results. With less resistance and more forward momentum. 2021 is not a bad year to start seeing better vision meeting goals. GBR.
That's not what this was. It was the coaches from football and other programs going to non-Omaha/Lincoln and speaking to crowds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT