ADVERTISEMENT

BIG Officiating Corrupt

Oct 12, 2016
It's just a matter on how corrupt and biased the fix will be. It is ok to attack Presidents, Chancellor, etc., but this gonna be terribly unfair and unjust against the players.

IMHO, it be blatantly obvious how corrupt the BIG is by ordering BIG refs to be unfair as possible.

OGC.8b45f6efa023655e222b21e773150cb8

The B1G has been screwing us since day one. The schedule was an obvious, shut up and know your role. I have little to no doubt that we are going to be on the receiving end of a ton of "iffy" calls this year. Bottom line is just go out and win. Winning fixes everything.

The refs screwing Nebraska has been a thing for years, so not sure how much worse it’ll get. I mean, look how this ref celebrates Wisconsin scoring a TD against us.

The peak of bad officiating though was Nebraska vs. A&M in our final year in the Big 12. That was the most blatantly corrupt officiating I’ve ever seen.

Officiating has been subpar across the board. It’s very hard to make a case that they have it in for us. You can cherry pick certain plays as evidence of crooked officiating, but so can every other program in America.

I think a case can be made, for example, with Texas A&M right before we left the conference. Maybe you could say the lack of holding calls against our opponents.

But overall, every team’s fans can claim the officials are shafting their team.

So help me understand, there are individual refs and crews from all over the country the officiate our games. So they ALL got together or for sake of argument, it was only one from each crew, and said we are going to screw Nebraska every chance we get?

Then they get evaluated each week and coaches evaluate them but they are willing to make intentional bad calls just to get a black mark on their record, all of them?

After watching film over and over perhaps we could do a much better job of blocking (horrible) and tackling (not any better) combined with better athletes will get us better calls.

Another whiny post. Self defeatest at it's finest. We are now Iowa State.
I agree. I hate when national pundits take shots at us but boy do we make it easy as a fan base. I love our passion and supported voicing our concerns with playing this fall but it seems we have to be “heard” at every single turn where something isn’t 100% in our favor.

have been watching big 10 for 50 years. there has always seemed to be an officiating bias in favor of 2 teams. if you wanted to beat those 2, you had better play at 10-14 points better

I don't visit other teams message boards. Can anyone tell me, are we the biggest bunch of whiners in the country or are we pretty much on par with everyone else?

Having lived in about a dozen different states over my lifetime, I would say yes, we are at the top end of the whiner spectrum.

It's just a matter on how corrupt and biased the fix will be. It is ok to attack Presidents, Chancellor, etc., but this gonna be terribly unfair and unjust against the players.

IMHO, it be blatantly obvious how corrupt the BIG is by ordering BIG refs to be unfair as possible.
It's very simple. We just have to start winning again. Then, to protect their historically high profile teams, they will begin to adjust the schedule.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
We were a bad and very undisciplined team in year 1 under Frost. That's why we had so many penalties that year. We were a bad and somewhat better disciplined team in year 2. It has nothing to do with the officiating. The combination of being a bad and undisciplined team is going to lead to a lot of penalties.

The refs screwing Nebraska has been a thing for years, so not sure how much worse it’ll get. I mean, look how this ref celebrates Wisconsin scoring a TD against us.

The peak of bad officiating though was Nebraska vs. A&M in our final year in the Big 12. That was the most blatantly corrupt officiating I’ve ever seen.
This is a stretch, he's patting him to keep him away from the photographers.

This thread is begging for Iowa trolls. Nebraska fans have become the spoiled entitled brats of the conference. Pretty embarrassing.

This is a stretch, he's patting him to keep him away from the photographers.

I was thinking he was keeping him from going past the photographers and getting an unsportsmanlike for pumping up the crowd. I am pretty sure refs don't want to call unnecessary penalties. jmho

“The refs are screwing us”
“The conference is screwing us by not letting us play”
“OK now we get to play, but the conference is STILL screwing us by giving us a hard schedule”
Come on now...

Reactions: bigboxes
“The refs are screwing us”
“The conference is screwing us by not letting us play”
“OK now we get to play, but the conference is STILL screwing us by giving us a hard schedule”
Come on now...
Thanks for weighing in... nothing makes a lousy thread worse than a troll from another fan base.

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
The B1G has been screwing us since day one. The schedule was an obvious, shut up and know your role. I have little to no doubt that we are going to be on the receiving end of a ton of "iffy" calls this year. Bottom line is just go out and win. Winning fixes everything.
Please keep in mind that we play each other Every Year in the east. You have Wisconsin and Iowa. Be happy with your lot. You could be in the east. And if Nebraska really feels like the B1G screws them so badly they can always go back to the SW Conference. The truth is that Nebraska has never had it so good. Stop whining...

Last edited:
Reactions: SkerInCo

I was at that game (first and last time I would ever travel to that cult-fest). Nearly got in a fight with several Aggies sitting near me over that royal screw job. Unbelievable that call about roughing their QB to give them the game. Hated Bo overall but the crap he took that game was beyond belief.

Opposing viewpoint here - the Big Ten was trying desperately to get you guys bowl eligible against Iowa last year. You can’t watch the last three minutes of the game and tell me otherwise. The catch the Big Ten refs stole from Nico Ragaini was unconscionable.

catch-900x600.jpg

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that we play each other Every Year in the east. You have Wisconsin and Iowa. Be happy with your lot. You could be in the east. And if Nebraska really feels like the B1G screws them so badly they can always go back to the SW Conference. The truth is that Nebraska has never had it so good. Stop whining...
Thanks for keeping it real greenacres... but you’re stupidity is showing big time.

For starters, Nebraska has never had it so good... let’s see... king of the Big 8 and Big 12 under 2 hall of fame coaches spanning 35 years... I would say we maybe, just maybe, had it better from the 60s through the 90s...

Point 2... SW conference? When was nebraska ever in the SW conference? Big 6? Yep. Big 8? Affirmative. Big 12? Correct. SW conference? Huh???

Yeah, we’ll quit whining when you get smart. And guess what? Neither is likely to happen any time soon.

What a moron.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
Sorry, but the whining is insufferable on this site. Poor Nebraska. Everyone has got it in for us. I thought the whining would end when we left Texas and the B12.
I’m with you. I’m not defending the whining. It’s a lousy thread. But I am going to call out trolls who don’t care about the huskers.

Opposing viewpoint here - the Big Ten was trying desperately to get you guys bowl eligible against Iowa last year. You can’t watch the last three minutes of the game and tell me otherwise. The catch the Big Ten refs stole from Nico Ragaini was unconscionable.

catch-900x600.jpg

great view of a ball not in possession of the receiver. Hope you aren’t an attorney with those evidentiary skills.

AS much as I like what you posted, JUST WIN, we are not quite that good "yet" to beat not only the opposition AND the stripes, and calling it out before hand just makes these goons more accountable,
Do we really have to give an advantage and one in the BIG? is it to much to expect being fair?
I agree with you, but the above is a concern, as we all saw our last year in the big 12 with our 21 penalties to AM's 2

AS much as I like what you posted, JUST WIN, we are not quite that good "yet" to beat not only the opposition AND the stripes, and calling it out before hand just makes these goons more accountable,
Do we really have to give an advantage and one in the BIG? is it to much to expect being fair?
I agree with you, but the above is a concern, as we all saw our last year in the big 12 with our 21 penalties to AM's 2
I agree. I know we are not good enough to overcome unfair officiating. I guess my point by saying, just win, was right now we aren't respected by the B1G. Ohio St was just as vocal as us and they got one of easiest schedules. We get the hardest. So it has little to do with us speaking up and everything to do with them not respecting us. The Bully doesn't pick on the strong they pick on the weak. If we can start winning games and getting that respect back the B1G bully will stop trying to pick on us.

Reactions: ChristmasBOnus
ADVERTISEMENT