ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 is now a mid major conference.

tigers68

Jul 9, 2001
Essentially, the Big XII traded Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M, Texas, and Oklahoma for TCU, West Virginia, UCF, BYU, Cincinnati, and Houston.

What a complete joke of a conference. They went from having six flagship schools to two. (kU and WVU) Now they are just a bunch of regional schools and city/commuter schools.

People that dont believe BIG 12 is a mid major conference now. Go look at the Big 12 athletic revenues by schools and take out state and student fee subsidy. Go look at the schools they added and take a look at their athletic finances without consideration of subsidy from state and student fees. They run a negative budget year in and year out without subsidy. Now go look at the SEC, BIG10. Yeah.....different ball game.

Here's a question... if you remove Nebraska from the Big 10 and put them in the Big 12, does it make one conference better or perceived differently?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Essentially, the Big XII traded Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M, Texas, and Oklahoma for TCU, West Virginia, UCF, BYU, Cincinnati, and Houston.

What a complete joke of a conference. They went from having six flagship schools to two. (kU and WVU) Now they are just a bunch of regional schools and city/commuter schools.
Won't be long before they are better and have higher ratings than the Pac12.

Interesting that we are down to 4 power conferences after all these years of listening to people state that we need to have 4 power conferences for playoff purposes

1/2 of the Big 8......gone.
1/3 of the Big 12....gone
With uterus and sooners leaving now makes it 1/2.

Is there a common denominator? Ku,ksu,isu,osu.

According to John Kurtz who's quoting sic'em 365, new look Big 12 will basically make as much per school as it is currently. This would be a phenomenal win for the Big 12 and especially for the 4 newcomers. Yuge boost for those 4.

Personally I'm not buying it. UNLESS they negotiate with espn to trade uterus and sooners for a good TV deal which includes dropping lawsuit against e$pn AND allowing uterus and sooners to exit early AND without penalty.

IF that happens Big 12 would be huge net loser because right now uterus and sooners would owe between 160-200 million collectively plus I'm being told any and all TV revenue from sec games from those 2 schools through 2025. That would amount to a bunch of garbanzos.

the big 12 will unquestionably continue to have more success (see: trophies won) than the b1g in the major sports

According to John Kurtz who's quoting sic'em 365, new look Big 12 will basically make as much per school as it is currently. This would be a phenomenal win for the Big 12 and especially for the 4 newcomers. Yuge boost for those 4.

Personally I'm not buying it. UNLESS they negotiate with espn to trade uterus and sooners for a good TV deal which includes dropping lawsuit against e$pn AND allowing uterus and sooners to exit early AND without penalty.

IF that happens Big 12 would be huge net loser because right now uterus and sooners would owe between 160-200 million collectively plus I'm being told any and all TV revenue from sec games from those 2 schools through 2025. That would amount to a bunch of garbanzos.
No way in hell they continue to make as much as they currently do. Excluding Texas and OU exit $, they will be lucky to get $7 million per year.

that was funny when kurtz made a video slamming ucla and they go and beat lsu...

he's had entertaining videos of the new big 12 though...I'm just glad we did have to sweat having no conference..

texas is going to have to stop running off coaches if they want to be someone in the sec. as far as winning.

if I was the big 12 I'd get 16 teams:

north: ku, ksu, isu, osu
south: uh, bu, tt, tcu
east: uwv, memphis, cin, central florida
west: byu, boise, unlv, san diego state

Feel like we've done nothing to justify making fun of other teams or conferences since we've moved on.

I don't care about the conference but it will be interesting to see if it will be more balanced. I see BYU rising to the top fast. KSU can be the Big Dog in that conference for sure, they already new how to beat Texass and Oklahoma was next....weird times.

So does the B12 signing the four new teams relieve tex-ass and the Okies from having to pay an exit fee?

that was funny when kurtz made a video slamming ucla and they go and beat lsu...

he's had entertaining videos of the new big 12 though...I'm just glad we did have to sweat having no conference..

texas is going to have to stop running off coaches if they want to be someone in the sec. as far as winning.

if I was the big 12 I'd get 16 teams:

north: ku, ksu, isu, osu
south: uh, bu, tt, tcu
east: uwv, memphis, cin, central florida
west: byu, boise, unlv, san diego state

Pretty sure that's their plan is 16. USF, Boise state, Memphis and a fourth. SDSU has been talked about but pac looking at them too.

Big 12 wants them so they can say they are coast to coast

kU,kSU,OSU,BU,TT,ISU,TCU,WV,UCF,BYU,UH,CIN

The conference will be solid in multiple sports across men’s and women’s sports.
Football won’t be elite but will likely have 3-4 top 25 teams each year. Have some big population centers but will need to get some good wins against the other P5 conferences. Still looks to be 4th or 5th conference right now.

This thread is full of bad takes 🙄 I’m glad it’s only 1st page. It’s an opinion based board but wow.

Pretty sure that's their plan is 16. USF, Boise state, Memphis and a fourth. SDSU has been talked about but pac looking at them too.

Big 12 wants them so they can say they are coast to coast
There has been talk about that but Boise has the academic profile of a junior college, and Memphis isn’t much better. I don’t see either getting an invite.

Reactions: huskerfan66
We suck, but 90% make us look silly? Nah, not even close.
We lost to a horrible Illinois team and struggled for the first half against Fordham. Maybe look silly is a bit of a stretch, but from what I’ve seen through two weeks we wouldn’t beat many of them.

ADVERTISEMENT