ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 "Cease and Desist" Letter sent to ESPN

Well that won't do any good IMO. But Big 12 has got it right. ESPN is the driving force behind pushing Texas into the SEC with then Oklahoma forced to follow. ESPN has an expensive money losing contract with the Texas Longhorn Network. ESPN wants to be able to fold the Longhorn Network into its SEC contract. Media money (no surprise whatsoever) behind all of this. People just don't realize it's ESPN specifically that's forcing this change and destroying the Big 12 in the process.

And it likely doesn't end with just the Big 12. ESPN's drive to fix it's expensive Longhorn losing contract sets a domino effect in play that probably will effect all of P5 College Football with a scramble to find new conference homes for non-Big 12 teams as well.

Just think, the "Godfather" behind all of this is none other than Mickey Mouse (Disney of course is the parent/owner of ESPN and probably hammering the subsidiary to do something about that Longhorn contract). Any teams that are left out in the cold or destroyed in the realignment game (say Kansas State or one of the other Big 12 midgets), it's because of the mouse.

In the end, the Kansas State epitaph will read "Outgunned by Mickey Mouse".

Last edited:
Did espn do anything illegal?

Don’t get me wrong, I think espn is scum. But unless they did something illegal, what does this letter even mean?

tenor.gif

ballsby... tu and 0u game plan was for espn to tank the remaining big 12 right after they left...all three should pay the legal costs also

i get the disappointment.
while i understand ou/tx silence, i wonder if they even purposefully misled b12 in the interim.
it would further fit their m.o.

He probably knows he can't stop Texas and Oklahoma from leaving but he's probably building a trail so they can sue ESPN down the road.

Who knows, seems like the parties that can be sued more easily are: Spankey, SEC, ESPN, AAC, and then followed by Texas AD (or Texas decision makers), and lastly OU.

Well that won't do any good IMO. But Big 12 has got it right. ESPN is the driving force behind pushing Texas into the SEC with then Oklahoma forced to follow. ESPN has an expensive money losing contract with the Texas Longhorn Network. ESPN wants to be able to fold the Longhorn Network into its SEC contract. Media money (no surprise whatsoever) behind all of this. People just don't realize it's ESPN specifically that's forcing this change and destroying the Big 12 in the process.

And it likely doesn't end with just the Big 12. ESPN's drive to fix it's expensive Longhorn losing contract sets a domino effect in play that probably will effect all of P5 College Football with a scramble to find new conference homes for non-Big 12 teams as well.

Just think, the "Godfather" behind all of this is none other than Mickey Mouse (Disney of course is the parent/owner of ESPN and probably hammering the subsidiary to do something about that Longhorn contract). Any teams that are left out in the cold or destroyed in the realignment game (say Kansas State or one of the other Big 12 midgets), it's because of the mouse.

Exactly 100% and what I’ve been telling friends about it. This is 100% Disney doing their thing. Star Wars? Buy and bleed it for cash. Marvel? Bleed it for cash. Fox Studios? Bleed it for cash (probably, they haven’t figured this one out yet). Pixar? Bleed it for cash. The NBA? Bleed it for cash.

It is ridiculous how any of these schools (Texas and OU) in their right mind think this is a long term, financially viable solution.

I expect for years to come the money to flow in, it gets squeezed dry by Disney, everyone hates what college football has become, and eventually (hopefully) teams reform into smaller conferences. It’s pretty disgusting when you look at the bigger picture.

Mickey Mouse behind the scenes

Reactions: whiplash
What if Bowlsby has been in on this the entire time?

What if he is playing the part of the angry commissioner to give cover to espn/UT/OU, and give the appearance that he is going to bat for the remaining 8 schools?

Then when this is all over, espn cuts him a big, fat check for playing his part in the saga?

Man, I am jaded...

What if Bowlsby has been in on this the entire time?

What if he is playing the part of the angry commissioner to give cover to espn/UT/OU, and give the appearance that he is going to bat for the remaining 8 schools?

Then when this is all over, espn cuts him a big, fat check for playing his part in the saga?

Man, I am jaded...
the plot thickens

espn working with the aac to pick up some misfit big 12 schools in order to dissolve the conference and get out of a billion dollar payoff. this lawsuit is about making espn/texas/oklahoma pay up and not get off scot-free.

Did espn do anything illegal?

Don’t get me wrong, I think espn is scum. But unless they did something illegal, what does this letter even mean?
Illegal. No. But it appear they violated their contract with the Big 12.

ADVERTISEMENT