ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Title Game

The SEC usually have Alabama and one other really good team, but outside of their top 2 teams, they typically aren't any better than any other conference. Georgia and Alabama are both great teams but besides those two, the SEC isn't necessarily any better or any worse than the B1G.
The SEC is usually the best conference. They have one school that has any kind of academic restrictions. If you can pass the NCAA minimum, an SEC team will take you. Adding OU and Texas will only make them stronger.

Reactions: Can o' corn
The SEC usually have Alabama and one other really good team, but outside of their top 2 teams, they typically aren't any better than any other conference. Georgia and Alabama are both great teams but besides those two, the SEC isn't necessarily any better or any worse than the B1G.
The SEC has won 12 of the 20 National Titles this century.

Pundits proclaimed that once the Playoff expanded to 4 teams, we would see a downfall in SEC dominance. The SEC has promptly won 4 of the 7 thus far during the CFP era.

They also own the B10 in bowl games. Feel free to show us all statistics as to where the B10 matches up with the SEC, or hell, any conference that matches up with the SEC. I'm all ears.

Reactions: donahues17
In the last 20 years, an SEC team other than Alabama and Georgia has won the national championship six times. How many times has a Big Ten team other than Ohio State even been in the conversation?

In the last 20 years, an SEC team other than Alabama and Georgia has won the national championship six times. How many times has a Big Ten team other than Ohio State even been in the conversation?
I think Michigan State might have been in the conversation a few times, but they usually choke.

I think Michigan State might have been in the conversation a few times, but they usually choke.
Got it. Big Ten also-rans are just as good as those second-tier SEC teams that win national titles, if only they didn't choke. Now it all makes perfect sense.

Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Auburn have won championships in the past 20 years. I didn't think Georgia had won a championship in the past 20 years. Tennesee has won a national championship, but not in the past 20 years.

Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Auburn have won championships in the past 20 years. I didn't think Georgia had won a championship in the past 20 years. Tennesee has won a national championship, but not in the past 20 years.
So what part of this statement was incorrect?:
In the last 20 years, an SEC team other than Alabama and Georgia has won the national championship six times.

Winning the National Championship sometimes just means you played a weaker schedule. The 4-team Playoff hasn't provided enough data yet on if the SEC is better than the Big Ten. Ohio State won easily the first year. They were the better team vs Clemson one year, but they had a bunch of personal fouls on sacks and stuff. In Bowls, Big Ten teams are always matched up with higher rated opponents.

We will get a better idea if/when the Playoff is expanded.

Winning the National Championship sometimes just means you played a weaker schedule. The 4-team Playoff hasn't provided enough data yet on if the SEC is better than the Big Ten. Ohio State won easily the first year. They were the better team vs Clemson one year, but they had a bunch of personal fouls on sacks and stuff. In Bowls, Big Ten teams are always matched up with higher rated opponents.

Regardless of schedule, you have to beat 2 of the very best teams in the country to win the National Title nowadays. No 1 hit wonders.

Expanding to 4 teams was supposed to 'expose' the SEC. It has only made them stronger, and gave them another SEC vs SEC National Title matchup.

Expand to 8, and they'll have the Final 4 in the very near future.

And if the expanded playoff doesn’t do the trick, the Big Ten can always pull back out of playoff - like in the old Bowl Alliance days - and blowhard to anyone who will listen about how the Rose Bowl is the real national title game.

I keep reading on this board kkk and racist Iowa but for some reason Keagon Johnson a very fine young man from Nebraska who's father played for the Huskers chose to play for Iowa and the coaching staff. He must have felt much different than the people on this board.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I keep reading on this board kkk and racist Iowa but for some reason Keagon Johnson a very fine young man from Nebraska who's father played for the Huskers chose to play for Iowa and the coaching staff. He must have felt much different than the people on this board.
It's football, people trash talk..

LOL. I just listened to a Las Vegas handicapper who said "Iowa's WRs can't get separation" and are a weak spot on the Hawkeyes. He was giving the points and loading up on Michigan. Keegan Johnson chose the school with maybe the weakest WR depth chart in the B1G.

Expanding to 4 teams was supposed to 'expose' the SEC. It has only made them stronger, and gave them another SEC vs SEC National Title matchup.

Expand to 8, and they'll have the Final 4 in the very near future.
No, expanding to 4 teams was NOT supposed to expose the SEC. 4 teams isn't enough to compare conferences. Not even close. I'm hoping for a 16-team Playoff. Well unless they stack it with 8 SEC teams.

Depends on how you count. The Big Ten has maybe around 25-30 NCs? About as many as the SEC.

So what is your solution? Joining ND as an indie? Running back to the new B12 (aka the new AAC)? Mountain West? What?

Stop blaming the conference for Nebraska not having it's shit together.
Since 1970 the Shit 10 has 3 national titles in football. F'ing sad. Nobody is blaming the conference for Nebraska sucking, that is Nebraskas fault. Not sure where you got that from.

He must have felt different than the 50+ former players who claimed racial harassment.

He must have felt different than Doyle who was terminated for racial harassment.

He must have felt different than the former players who are still suing Iowa (20 mil) for racial harassment.

Are you burying your head in the sand the way PSU fans did with Joe Pa.

If your fellow herky ilk didn’t pollute this board on a daily basis we wouldn’t have to remind you of your own teams shortcomings. If you don’t like it please leave.

Reactions: scarletred
OOC and Bowl season shows us all that this is the SEC's sandbox and they are just allowing us to play in it.

NC's aside it's hard to explain away bowl season success over the past 2 decades. They aren't just winning NC's they are going 9-2 in bowl games.

However, I do believe the SEC will be had this year. 2 great teams 1 good team and lots of mediocrity in that conference this year. If they get the invites they will be sending 5 6-6 teams to bowl games. Remember the SEC plays 4 OOC games a year and you can bet your bottom dollar that 3 of them are cupcakes.

Go Blue!

Reactions: pharvey0829
He must have felt different than the former players who are still suing Iowa (20 mil) for racial harassment.
For 20 million dollars, people will make false allegations of racism. Heck, people make false allegations of racism all the time for free. Leftist politics is infesting sports and everything.

OOC and Bowl season shows us all that this is the SEC's sandbox and they are just allowing us to play in it.

NC's aside it's hard to explain away bowl season success over the past 2 decades. They aren't just winning NC's they are going 9-2 in bowl games.

However, I do believe the SEC will be had this year. 2 great teams 1 good team and lots of mediocrity in that conference this year. If they get the invites they will be sending 5 6-6 teams to bowl games. Remember the SEC plays 4 OOC games a year and you can bet your bottom dollar that 3 of them are cupcakes.

Go Blue!
My Gophers (who you should be playing if Nebraska didn't choke) didn't have any problems with Auburn last (full) season. I'd like to see the Big Ten square off against the SEC with the proper matchups....not #3 SEC vs #4 Big Ten, #5 SEC vs #7 Big Ten, etc.

My Gophers (who you should be playing if Nebraska didn't choke) didn't have any problems with Auburn last (full) season. I'd like to see the Big Ten square off against the SEC with the proper matchups....not #3 SEC vs #4 Big Ten, #5 SEC vs #7 Big Ten, etc.
Gophers should have taken care of their own damn business and beaten Ioway..

#3 vs #4 isn't that bad of a mismatch

Politics. Or money we don't know about. Or other reasons. People lie all the time.
Or racism. I think your tinfoil hat is a little too tight. You’re really grasping at any reason other than what it really is. I also find it suspicious that a supposed Gopher fan is so determined to defend Iowa. My guess is you’re just another Iowa troll pretending to be a fan of another team. Sadly it’s pretty common and pathetic.

STFU and GTFO

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Corum is listed at 5-8 and 190lbs. No freaking way he's that big. Looks like a Wandale clone out there.

ADVERTISEMENT