ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Title Game

9and4

All-American
Dec 4, 2013
Baltimore
A tough one to call. After all, both teams split with the conference's other power teams, OSU and MSU.

Michigan beat OSU and lost to MSU, while Iowa went 0-0 against the best teams in the East.

Against the West's best teams (PU, UM and UW), Iowa went 1-2, winning at home by 5 against Minnesota, losing by 17 at home to Purdue, and losing by 20 on the road to Wisconsin; Michigan went 1-0, winning by 21 at Wisconsin.

Michigan 27, Iowa 19.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Iowa will have a rush end and african problem in their backfield,
plus michigan makes 0.0 mistakes

Iowa will have a rush end and african problem in their backfield
pittsburgh-steelers.gif

Again, Michigan lost to No. 11 MSU, while Iowa didn't lose all season to a team currently ranked in the top 25.

Here's Iowa's complete record against teams currently ranked in the top 25:

XX
was purdue ranked?

Reactions: Bremser
was purdue ranked?
Not when Iowa played them, and not currently.

Iowa's wins:
  • by 5 at home against 8-4 Minnesota (unranked currently)
  • by 10 on the road at 7-5 Iowa State (unranked)
  • by 3 at home against 7-5 Penn State (unranked)
  • by 23 at home against 7-5 Kent State (in MAC title game)
  • by 34 on the road at 6-6 Maryland
  • by 10 at home against 5-7 Illinois
  • by 7 on the road at 3-9 Nebraska
  • by 5 on the road at 3-9 Northwestern
  • by 10 at home against 3-9 Colorado State
  • by 28 at home against 2-10 Indiana
Iowa's losses:
  • by 17 at home against 8-4 Purdue (unranked)
  • by 20 on the road at 8-4 Wisconsin (unranked)
The old chestnut is that the cross-division games don't matter if you take care of business in the division. That went out the door this year as Wisconsin went 5-1 in the division and Iowa was 4-2. Iowa beat PSU, while Wisconsin lost the season-opener to the Lions. In addition, Wisconsin lost another cross-over game by 21 at home to Michigan. Iowa played none of the three best teams in the East, thus, they're headed to Indy and Wisconsin (and us, of course) are not.

Reactions: donahues17
I see alot of Iowa fans saying they will win because Michigan wasted all their energy on beating OSU and won’t be able to carry that same momentum over to the title game.

I think Michigan comes into the game with a lot to prove and shuts Iowa down.

Thanks for pointing out another RACIST for the RACISTS on here to defend and explain what he really meant...
racist? they had a whole segment about a african defensive player doing good during the mich ohio state game...
lighten up francis

Reactions: woodman79
So in other words you pointed it out for the HUMOR and NOT the racism.....GOT IT! Way to play it so you still can be considered one of the good ole boys on here.
I try not to assume the worst about people that I've never met. Figured it was auto correct or something. Does he have a history of racist posts?

I don't think I am allowed im the good old boys club.

Reactions: WHCSC
I can’t see kkk known as Iowa slowing down Michigans defense, but it would be funny for the prestigious big 10 if the racist university of Iowa won be a real nice addition to the big 10 prestige

I try not to assume the worst about people that I've never met. Figured it was auto correct or something. Does he have a history of racist posts?

I don't think I am allowed im the good old boys club.
they showed a picture of the african defensive player, and automatically it reminded me of the eddie murphy movie.
iowa has a good center though so maybe he will slow him down, but mich rush end got ted p hurt...just by his speed...I'm not sure iowa has a answer for that

I can’t see kkk known as Iowa slowing down Michigans defense, but it would be funny for the prestigious big 10 if the racist university of Iowa won be a real nice addition to the big 10 prestige
that hit me after I posted bout iowa's backfield problems coming up...

I see alot of Iowa fans saying they will win because Michigan wasted all their energy on beating OSU and won’t be able to carry that same momentum over to the title game.

I think Michigan comes into the game with a lot to prove and shuts Iowa down.
They are playing for a playoff spot, so I think they will find the motivation. Iowa stikes me as a team solid in fundamentals with an pretty soft schedule.
If they caught Michigan in Iowa City during the regular season, maybe UM doesn't show up and Iowa pulls off the upset. Don't see that happening this week.

Iowa hasn't beaten a top team from the East in the last four seasons. They crushed Ohio State in Iowa City in 2017, a year the Hawkeyes played the same type of schedule Nebraska played this year, against the three best teams in the East. Iowa went 1-2 in those games in 2017 and 5-4 overall in the conference.

Here are the results of Iowa's crossover games since then:
Penn State, 4th place in the East, 7-5 overall (Iowa W)
Maryland, 5th place, 6-6 (W)
Indiana, 7th, 2-10 (W)
Penn State, 3rd place, 4-5 (W)
Michigan State, 7th, 2-5 (W)
Penn State, 2nd, 11-2 (Iowa L)
Michigan, 3rd, 9-4 (L)
Rutgers, 7th, 2-10 (W)
Penn State, 3rd, 9-4, (L)
Maryland, 5th, 5-7 (W)
Indiana, 6th, 5-7 (W)

Recent history says Iowa won't beat a good team from the East.

Definitely wouldn't count Iowa out in winning this game.

Michigan blew it out of the water last week in finally getting over the hump against Ohio State in what is arguably the biggest rivalry in all of college football.

Hard to roll back off of such a season long emotional goal, only to come back the next week to finish the almost secondary job at hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT