ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Media Day Thread

bearcats667

Walk On
Nov 3, 2017
P.J Fleck first up.. that guy gets annoying by the year. Made sure to mention the Nebraska game with 35 players sitting out

From listening/reading some of the reports, I like where Trev is headed with his leadership style. I also liked his comment about not focusing on numbers but on coaching the little things. An area I have been critical of with these coaches.

I simply do not have faith in or trust Warren for a second.

just glad i'm not required to watch to this dribble
tenor.gif

I didn't time it, so am going by memory, but I'd say Warren talked for about 25 minutes before he took questions. It seemed to me he spent maybe seven minutes on how special the B1G is and the history highlights of the league. Then he spent almost 10 minutes on diversity and inclusion. In the last 8 minutes he spoke about NIL for maybe a minute and conference realignment in vague terms for a minute, spent a minute or two announcing Barry Alvarez was given some puff job on league staff, and he wrapped his formal comments up. Diversity and inclusion are important no doubt. But I wish he would have spent more time outlining a plan for the conference to assist athletes with NIL and more meat about adding teams to the conference should that become necessary. Meanwhile the SEC is talking about adding two marquee teams and have their first $1M NIL recipient.

Reactions: vs540husker
Warren spent almost 10 minutes on diversity and inclusion. Diversity and inclusion are important no doubt.
Mr Warren,

What is this diversity and inclusion you speak of?

Signed,

Hispanic Americans
Asian Americans
Native Americans
Italian Americans
Indian Americans
Cuban Americans
Jewish Americans

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
Haven’t seen anything of what players said. I’m sure it’s mostly the usual player-speak, but wondering if there were any interesting notes?

I thought 93 was refuse to lose and 94 was unfinished business. Frost sat out in 95.

I thought 93 was refuse to lose and 94 was unfinished business. Frost sat out in 95.
Don’t remember exactly when refuse to lose was, but pretty sure unfinished business came about because we lost in 92 to FSU (well, technical, 93 OB). So 93 season was unfinished business, since we were seconds away from beating FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT