ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Commissioner Kevin Warren under scrutiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of all the black athletes he affected in this... it’s not as simple as playing the race card. There are a lot of people of color pretty upset about this.

As with all decisions like this, it has a disparate effect on minorities. But the elitists don't seem to care about that.

The B1G has an activist Commissioner, not a leader of a major conference. His words scream volumes... He could care less about anything else, he is blinded by his color.

“As a conference, we have a platform,” Warren said. “I think we have a responsibility. We have a mechanism to pull people together. The hate that we have in our communities and the racism that’s occurred, it can’t go on any longer.”

Kevin Warren is literally hitting the ground kneeling in his new role as commissioner of the Big Ten Conference. The former Minnesota Vikings executive intends to turn this power five league into what could become one sensationally woke league.

As a Black man, I pray every day for the health and safety of my wife and children, especially during interactions with law enforcement. We continue to see inequality and deep divide regarding how members of the Black community are treated compared to the rest of society and too often, the results have been horrific and senseless. Such racism and inequality are pervasive, not just endemic in law enforcement.

Last edited:
More egg of the face of the big 10, I wonder if Jim Delaney had any say in who the big 10 hired. You have to think Delaney is hurting, he built this conference into a super one, and in less than a year Warren is making it the laughing stock of college football. It sounds Erie similar to Harvey hiring eichorst without consulting Tom even though he said he would. And we all know what a dumpster fire that was

This idiot used to be an agent. Some of his clients were sports writers such as Jason Witlock. His dream job according to Witlock is NFL commissioner. I think its safe to say his dream is dead now.

I dislike this yahoo. What happens if Trump wins? At that point does he reverse himself AGAIN and not play period? What an a$$ wipe.

Last edited:
Thats an interesting question. I dont know how the conference goes about this kind of stuff. It's a private institution with members so I would assume they treat those members like shareholders, but are all shareholders equal? We'll never know, just like with the Big12 other than when Osborne would get pissed and say it out loud when something didn't seem right.

Just wondering if it was a decision made by a group of people or made by a individual?

Goodness. Centers of learning have been accused of that for years. It's true but they are supposed to be where students can learn different theories, philosophies and oh yes, science. I recall arguing with my political science prof (in a seminar with Roman Hruska's daughter). He was liberal, I was a conservative and we had great discussions in that seminar. I disagreed with nearly everything and still received an "A". What is a place of learning but a "marketplace of ideas"? This needs to be encouraged and upheld. Anytime, only one point of view is possible (Liberty University), then you have indoctrination. Even Harvard has its contrarian professors.

"Even Harvard has its contrarian professors."

All 3 of them.

Warren finds himself in the awkward position of literally rooting for the virus to make a comeback and create a lot of chaos and destruction so he can say "See, told ya"

Obviously, Figured this out when the other 3 Power5 conference said “Were playing”..

Only way he wins is if there not playing football by the election and can’t continue after the election..

This has a Revenge of the Nerds feel to it. I just wish the nerds in power would've settled for an Icy Hot prank, rather than a scorched-earth approach.
Yeah I certainly don't claim to know whether Warren is just the fall guy here, or if he in fact dragged a bunch of highly paid, self-important presidents around by their bow ties while the ADs inexplicably stood helplessly on the sidelines. In either case, nothing about this situation is going to change unless the presidents and ADs absorb some of the heat.

Reactions: nu2u
The more and more bad publicity for him the better chance we may have a chance maybe playing football end of September..
just wait until the season starts. there won't be 1 broadcast that doesn't scoff at the B1G.

heck, even the high school football games on ESPN are getting their shots in. this conference is an absolute embarrassment.

Think of all the black athletes he affected in this... it’s not as simple as playing the race card. There are a lot of people of color pretty upset about this.
Do you really think if he was white that the disparity would not be one of the highlights in the media? This day and age, everything is based on race and identity. Real racists are smiling ear to ear.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Do you really think if he was white that the disparity would not be one of the highlights in the media? This day and age, everything is based on race and identity. Real racists are smiling ear to ear.

I know everything is based on race. But for a majority of players who are black, I don’t think they would cry foul if Warren is fired for this...

But I do get it... the movement itself is a different beast. There will be outbursts and cries of racism...

just wait until the season starts. there won't be 1 broadcast that doesn't scoff at the B1G.

heck, even the high school football games on ESPN are getting their shots in. this conference is an absolute embarrassment.
That's gonna be bad. Very bad. Especially when the worst news they can come up with is cases, here or there, that won't amount to anything (if healthy college athlete) serious. I can't believe there is not a collective will to give at least a half-hearted apology, blame bad science that was just discovered, and get the season started with the stern, parental warning that as soon as things get "bad"... we will pull the car over, in an INSTANT, and reassess!!

I know everything is based on race. But for a majority of players who are black, I don’t think they would cry foul if Warren is fired for this...

But I do get it... the movement itself is a different beast. There will be outbursts and cries of racism...

Better question if the presidents voted to not have a football season which Warren said happened and that is one of the questions we want answered, will they make him the scapegoat or will they come to his rescue?

There is an old saying about not focusing on what they want you to focus on while there is really something else happening.

At some level, there is race involved, but at the top it is much more than that. Just keep an eye on your freedoms, nothing else matters.

It's likely only politics, but they could use the discredited heart study as an excuse to walk their decision back. Need the big money donors to be pressuring the school presidents and regents.

The B1G has an activist Commissioner, not a leader of a major conference. His words scream volumes... He could care less about anything else, he is blinded by his color.

“As a conference, we have a platform,” Warren said. “I think we have a responsibility. We have a mechanism to pull people together. The hate that we have in our communities and the racism that’s occurred, it can’t go on any longer.”

Kevin Warren is literally hitting the ground kneeling in his new role as commissioner of the Big Ten Conference. The former Minnesota Vikings executive intends to turn this power five league into what could become one sensationally woke league.

As a Black man, I pray every day for the health and safety of my wife and children, especially during interactions with law enforcement. We continue to see inequality and deep divide regarding how members of the Black community are treated compared to the rest of society and too often, the results have been horrific and senseless. Such racism and inequality are pervasive, not just endemic in law enforcement.
He might have a whole lot more time to try to make his political fantasies come true, very soon. Hope so.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Goodness. Centers of learning have been accused of that for years. It's true but they are supposed to be where students can learn different theories, philosophies and oh yes, science. I recall arguing with my political science prof (in a seminar with Roman Hruska's daughter). He was liberal, I was a conservative and we had great discussions in that seminar. I disagreed with nearly everything and still received an "A". What is a place of learning but a "marketplace of ideas"? This needs to be encouraged and upheld. Anytime, only one point of view is possible (Liberty University), then you have indoctrination. Even Harvard has its contrarian professors.
Ffs you are delusional

Reactions: bshirt73
I have pretty neutral about the guy but there seems to be an agenda and plan here. How about he works more on athletics and let the institutions provide the civics. I dislike this so much.
Thank you for your open mind and candor.

Thats an interesting question. I dont know how the conference goes about this kind of stuff. It's a private institution with members so I would assume they treat those members like shareholders, but are all shareholders equal? We'll never know, just like with the Big12 other than when Osborne would get pissed and say it out loud when something didn't seem right.
What's the quote from Animal Farm? "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others".

High level administrative position. Experience in negotiating contracts and media deals. Legal experience.

I dont like the guy and think he should be fired, but let's not act like he wasnt a qualified candidate for the job.
Agree to disagree. There are 1000s of potential candidates with what you’ve listed.

There is an old saying about not focusing on what they want you to focus on while there is really something else happening.

At some level, there is race involved, but at the top it is much more than that. Just keep an eye on your freedoms, nothing else matters.
The saying I can relate to this is “if you wanna know the real agenda, look at the end result”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT