ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Coaches Ranked - Based on likability by NU fans

bearcats7734

Nov 23, 2020
1. Ryan Day - likable guy who stood up with NU for playing FB this fall.
2. Pat Fitzgerald - always a close game with NU. His loyalty and his “do a lot with a little” Attitude bodes well with NU fans
3. Tom Allen - a bit outspoken and erratic at times but his enthusiasm and recent push back with BIG is relatable with fans. A team from the east division where NU has only faced twice since joining the conference.
4. Mike Locksley - like Allen, Maryland rarely faces NU and is normally a non threat. NU beat Maryland handily last year and Locksley usually doesn’t have a reason to comment on the Huskers
5. Jeff Brohm - a friend of HCSF and really hasn’t made waves amongst NU fans. NU fans do not have much of a reason to dislike this guy
6. Greg Schiano - only has face NU once and lost. Maybe moves the needle a bit when Noah Vedral transferred and gave him a home (and maybe even made him better)
7. James Franklin - NU will always probably be bitter towards a penn state head coach due to past history(1982) and past integrity of the the university. Franklin was for playing football this year and does not comment on NU often.
8. Mel Tucker - faced NU once last year as Colorado HC. University and himself were totally against playing football this fall.
9. Jim Harbaugh - often very headstrong and him and HCSF has past history when UCF and UM met. most NU fans can’t stand him.
10. Brett Bielema- History of feasting on Pelini coaches teams. Is very unlikable with all fans
11. Paul Cryst - unlikable and loves beating up on NU. Wisconsin is just very unlikable with NU fans.
12. Kirk Ferentz - Iowa. Clapping
13. PJ Fleck - Row the Boat baby

Tucker is at the top of my disliked coaches for the way he denied the dirty play of his linebacker against NU. That purposeful twisting of our QB's leg after the play was over by his linebacker was the worst and he defended the guy. That injury hurt us that whole year. That kid should have been required to step up to a podium and apologize with a replay of that play running behind him for the whole country to see.

Tucker is at the top of my disliked coaches for the way he denied the dirty play of his linebacker against NU. That purposeful twisting of our QB's leg after the play was over by his linebacker was the worst and he defended the guy. That injury hurt us that whole year. That kid should have been required to step up to a podium and apologize with a replay of that play running behind him for the whole country to see.
Assuming you're talking about 2018 Colorado, Tucker wasn't the coach for them at that point

Ah you're right. Thanks for the correction. Well then I hate THAT guy.Laughing
I mean to be fair, Tucker is still a thumb lookin bitch for leaving them after one year after talking about how all in he was

I mean to be fair, Tucker is still a thumb lookin bitch for leaving them after one year after talking about how all in he was
Hey I would have probably succumbed to the money flogging too. I love Colorado from an outdoors perspective, but I don't know if I could stomach Boulder. It appears to me that he's a good coach.

Reactions: Swiv3D
2. Pat Fitzgerald - always a close game with NU. His loyalty and his “do a lot with a little” Attitude bodes well with NU fans
3. Tom Allen - a bit outspoken and erratic at times but his enthusiasm and recent push back with BIG is relatable with fans. A team from the east division where NU has only faced twice since joining the conference.
4. Mike Locksley - like Allen, Maryland rarely faces NU and is normally a non threat. NU beat Maryland handily last year and Locksley usually doesn’t have a reason to comment on the Huskers
5. Jeff Brohm - a friend of HCSF and really hasn’t made waves amongst NU fans. NU fans do not have much of a reason to dislike this guy
6. Greg Schiano - only has face NU once and lost. Maybe moves the needle a bit when Noah Vedral transferred and gave him a home (and maybe even made him better)
7. James Franklin - NU will always probably be bitter towards a penn state head coach due to past history(1982) and past integrity of the the university. Franklin was for playing football this year and does not comment on NU often.
8. Mel Tucker - faced NU once last year as Colorado HC. University and himself were totally against playing football this fall.
9. Jim Harbaugh - often very headstrong and him and HCSF has past history when UCF and UM met. most NU fans can’t stand him.
10. Brett Bielema- History of feasting on Pelini coaches teams. Is very unlikable with all fans
11. Paul Cryst - unlikable and loves beating up on NU. Wisconsin is just very unlikable with NU fans.
You have Allen way too high.

Ferentz the worst - because he has a 100% win percentage against two consecutive Husker coached with less “recruited” talent every year.

Ferentz the worst - because he has a 100% win percentage against two consecutive Husker coached with less “recruited” talent every year.
Weak ass troll. Of all the reasons to dislike KKKirk, his results on the football field are pretty far down the list.

Reactions: 406Nebraska515
Weak ass troll. Of all the reasons to dislike KKKirk, his results on the football field are pretty far down the list.
If we beat Iowa consistently, I would have no reason to dislike or even consider them. Similar to the years when we played Iowa State. They were a program you chalked up as a victory every year, and if they happened to beat you, it was a fluke. As a result, I cannot tell you much about any players or coaches from that era. Didn’t matter.

To the contrary, Iowa now owns us on the football field - so yes, I absolutely hate them.

If we beat Iowa consistently, I would have no reason to dislike or even consider them. Similar to the years when we played Iowa State. They were a program you chalked up as a victory every year, and if they happened to beat you, it was a fluke. As a result, I cannot tell you much about any players or coaches from that era. Didn’t matter.

To the contrary, Iowa now owns us on the football field - so yes, I absolutely hate them.

Your post are very curious. Iowa “owns” us.
OK, I mean we suck right now, so who doesn’t. There are a lot of teams that have had success against us, and I really like their coaches. Day, Fitz, Brohm. In fact, most people decide which coaches they like based on things like their style of play, their personality, how their teams conduct themselves. Over the years, I would say the coaches must of us Husker fans admire and respect are some of the ones that have had the most success against us Stoops, Snyder, Mack Brown.

Until this Summer I really had no issue with Farentz. I mean Iowa fans are the absolute worst people on Earth, but KF seemed like an OK guy. He actually seemed like a decent enough guy, that you wondered how Brian Farentz turned out the way he did. Then this Summer we found out about KF sweeping all the Iowa issues under the rug for decades, refusing to address the issues brought up by former players and throwing Doyle under the bus, while turning a blind eye to his son. All while still spouting off all this “Iowa Way” BS, their fans regurgitate daily.

Your post are very curious. Iowa “owns” us.
OK, I mean we suck right now, so who doesn’t. There are a lot of teams that have had success against us, and I really like their coaches. Day, Fitz, Brohm. In fact, most people decide which coaches they like based on things like their style of play, their personality, how their teams conduct themselves. Over the years, I would say the coaches must of us Husker fans admire and respect are some of the ones that have had the most success against us Stoops, Snyder, Mack Brown.

Until this Summer I really had no issue with Farentz. I mean Iowa fans are the absolute worst people on Earth, but KF seemed like an OK guy. He actually seemed like a decent enough guy, that you wondered how Brian Farentz turned out the way he did. Then this Summer we found out about KF sweeping all the Iowa issues under the rug for decades, refusing to address the issues brought up by former players and throwing Doyle under the bus, while turning a blind eye to his son. All while still spouting off all this “Iowa Way” BS, their fans regurgitate daily.
Good points - the Iowa thing is really weighing hard on several Huskers fans living in the state of Iowa.

Regarding fitz. It cracks me up when people say “Don lot with a little”. He has More/better players close to his campus as compared to Nebraska and has better facilities (yes not stadium but facilities players use)

Hey I would have probably succumbed to the money flogging too. I love Colorado from an outdoors perspective, but I don't know if I could stomach Boulder. It appears to me that he's a good coach.

My girlfriend grew up in Boulder....pretty sure she is the best thing that ever came out of that town.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You won't see me here again. I don't associate with trash.
636452319022108192-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-NORTH-TEXAS-AT-IOWA-93833725.JPG

Disclaimer, Hawkeye fan.

With that said, I will take Ferentz out of this. I really don’t dislike any of the Big Ten coaches anymore. Fleck is somewhat annoying but not anything that rises to the level of dislike. Fitz owns Iowa, so that is annoying. He is a good coach and I certainly don’t hate him for it. Day, Chryst, and Brohm are pretty reserved. I believe Frost is in over his head and could have used a few years as a head coach dealing with adversity at a smaller school before coming to the big stage. I have no dislike of him though. Harbaugh is maybe close, but he is more like the weird uncle that you don’t let your kids hang out with alone than a guy I hate.

James Franklin is probably the closest. He just has suck a punchable face, but now isn’t quite as bad since being dealt a dose of humility.

Bielema isn’t there yet but will certainly end up in people’s list before this is done.

I miss the days of hating urban because he is so good and a prick. And f—k Mark Dantonio even in retirement.

Last edited:
Disclaimer, Hawkeye fan.

With that said, I will take Ferentz out of this. I really don’t dislike any of the Big Ten coaches anymore. Fleck is somewhat annoying but not anything that rises to the level of dislike. Fitz owns Iowa, so that is annoying. He is a good coach and I certainly don’t hate him for it. Day, Chryst, and Brohm are pretty reserved. I believe Frost is in over his head and could have used a few years as a head coach dealing with adversity at a smaller school before coming to the big stage. I have no dislike of him though. Harbaugh is maybe close, but he is more like the weird uncle that you don’t let your kids hang out with alone than a guy I hate.

James Franklin is probably the closest. He just has suck a punchable face, but now isn’t quite as bad since being dealt a dose of humility.

Bielema isn’t there yet but will certainly end up in people’s list before this is done.

I miss the days of hating urban because he is so good and a prick. And f—k Mark Dantonio even in retirement.

What kind of seg F’ing name is Ronald Mexico🤪

ADVERTISEMENT