ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Bowls

5-4

2 VERRRY close losses to the 2 teams playing for the national championship.

1 blowout loss with a team without its headcoach, QB and many other players.

1 respectable loss to a ranked team. 1st year head coach.

Yall need to chill acting like the Big 10 is trash.

5-4 isnt the best but they were competitive.
100% agree

Fair enough. Just mean could have easily went 4-1. As much as we all hate the word "close"... the B1G was close lol.
Right. Michigan was the only favored team that lost out of those 5 I believe. Everyone else played to par aside from PSU’s impressive win.

Now, it’s onto the non conference 2023. Games against Colorado, ISU, Washington State, UNC, Duke, Va Tech, Syracuse, Kansas for the West teams.

West Virgina, ND, Washington, Virginia, Louisville, Va Tech, for the East.

Right. Michigan was the only favored team that lost out of those 5 I believe. Everyone else played to par aside from PSU’s impressive win.

Now, it’s onto the non conference 2023. Games against Colorado, ISU, Washington State, UNC, Duke, Va Tech, Syracuse, Kansas for the West teams.

West Virgina, ND, Washington, Virginia, Louisville, Va Tech, for the East.
Pathtic!
Besides the team that plays Notre Dame..

Reactions: king_kong_
Pathtic!
Besides the team that plays Notre Dame..
That’s what I was thinking. Then I scanned SEC schedules and didn’t see much better, even though they have four OOC games. Georgia plays UT-Martin, UAB, Ball State, GT. Bama has Texas. LSU has FSU. Then it’s some of the same teams as the Big Ten. ND, UNC, Va Tech, etc. KSU and Baylor are in there too.

That’s what I was thinking. Then I scanned SEC schedules and didn’t see much better, even though they have four OOC games. Georgia plays UT-Martin, UAB, Ball State, GT. Bama has Texas. LSU has FSU. Then it’s some of the same teams as the Big Ten. ND, UNC, Va Tech, etc. KSU and Baylor are in there too.
some you missed:

florida @ utah
georgia @ oklahoma - sadly CANCELLED due to conference realignment, hence ball st
aTm @ miami
clemson vs so carolina
florida vs FSU

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
some you missed:

florida @ utah
georgia @ oklahoma - sadly CANCELLED due to conference realignment, hence ball st
aTm @ miami
clemson vs so carolina
florida vs FSU
Thanks. Saw the Utah and Miami ones but forgot. Clemson/S. Carolina didn’t click in my head for some reason. Missed the Florida/FSU one as well. Did I miss any on the Big Ten side?

Thanks. Saw the Utah and Miami ones but forgot. Clemson/S. Carolina didn’t click in my head for some reason. Missed the Florida/FSU one as well. Did I miss any on the Big Ten side?
of course not.

not too many marquee matchups for the B1G (typical)

NU vs CU is intriguing because of the personality on the CU side, but hopefully shouldn't be much of a game

Washington is a quality opponent.
I over looked Washington but seen Washington St before hand.

No B1G team plays the Cougars.

Wisconsin plays at Washington
Ohio St plays at Notre Dame
Minnesota plays at NC
Penn St gets West Virginia at home
Purdue plays both VT and Syracuse
Those are the only difficult games that stand out..

Last edited:
Reactions: moralvictories
All that matters for the West teams is the crossover games.

If you get PSU, OSU, Michigan, you will be lame. If you get an Iowa schedule, you will still be lame but you can brag about a magical defense and 8 wins.

I over looked Washington but seen Washington St before hand.

No B1G team plays the Cougars.

Wisconsin plays at Washington
Ohio St plays at Notre Dame
Minnesota plays at NC
Penn St gets West Virginia at home
Purdue plays both VT and Syracuse
Those are the only difficult games that stand out..
Wisc plays @wsu not @ UW

Going to be trying to avenge a home loss to the cougs this year as 17.5 point favorites

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Wisc plays @wsu not @ UW

Going to be trying to avenge a home loss to the cougs this year as 17.5 point favorites
For some reason the photo shoot the BTN gave when they announced the new 2023 football schedule.

Than ks for the correction..

Once the 12 (and soon enough 16) team playoff starts, I would imagine teams will not be so lame with their schedules because they know there is wiggle room to still make "the dance"

I would love for NU to do a home and home with an SEC school. Husker fans would FLOCK to the Grove to watch NU play there.

of course not.

not too many marquee matchups for the B1G (typical)

NU vs CU is intriguing because of the personality on the CU side, but hopefully shouldn't be much of a game
As I’ve stated before, and I know you’ll agree, having 9 conference games to 8 is a big deal. Most Big Ten schools play 10 P5 schools. The majority of SEC schools play 9.

As I’ve stated before, and I know you’ll agree, having 9 conference games to 8 is a big deal. Most Big Ten schools play 10 P5 schools. The majority of SEC schools play 9.
When you play an extra B1G team, it’s not a big deal. Half the league is below .500

I’m very disappointed in Nebraska’s OOC schedule the next 2 years. Nebraska fans deserve a top 20 opponent every year in prime time in early Sept.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
When you play an extra B1G team, it’s not a big deal. Half the league is below .500

I’m very disappointed in Nebraska’s OOC schedule the next 2 years. Nebraska fans deserve a top 20 opponent every year in prime time in early Sept.
Yeah and make it home and home. Husker fans love to travel so give us a cool game...South Carolina, Ole Miss...

• Love

Kong, it’s still a valued point that the SEC other non conference game is an automatic win instead of playing a conference game which falls in line with the other Power5 conference’s..

Kong, it’s still a valued point that the SEC other non conference game is an automatic win instead of playing a conference game which falls in line with the other Power5 conference’s..
I don't know

do you think iowa would rather play south dakota st (FCS) again? or rutgers?

I know personally I would take a B1G opponent (only P5 conference we have a win over in 5 years, at least 10 or 11 of them suck royally every season) over a hungry sun belt/aac opponent 100x out of 100

5-4

2 VERRRY close losses to the 2 teams playing for the national championship.

1 blowout loss with a team without its headcoach, QB and many other players.

1 respectable loss to a ranked team. 1st year head coach.

Yall need to chill acting like the Big 10 is trash.

5-4 isnt the best but they were competitive.
Bowl performance doesn't really mean much, but I guess I don't understand your premise. The B10 is considered around the country as one of the top 2 P5 conferences for football and the best for Basketball.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT