ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Bias Against UNL?

I couldn’t care less about Pelini or what some official with little man’s syndrome thinks of him. But basically everything he said in that article was was bush league. And the incident he is so butthurt about, he completely botched, amateur hour style, any coach would be upset in that situation “big ten guy” or not.

Again I ask, what did he say in the article that wasn't true? You think he blew a call and that was bush league, he reversed the call and got it right in the end. I think that Pelini acting like an ass was bush league, his team got the call, but he didn't listen long enough to hear that, and instead goes off, in his usual douche bag manner. Had he just listened to the ref, instead of threatening to to get a guy fired, none of this is even a story. But you read it how you want.

If the same story was told and it was Urban Meyer or Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban, you and others would be saying things like see what dicks these guys are.

I won’t waste much time with this subject but when a team does NOT have an opponent called for holding for 2 calendar years...that’s all anyone should need to know if the refs/conference is against a team or not. Hell, ever game each team could be called for 2-5 holding calls and none for two full years...yep, I think it’s obvious unless your biased then you could ignore the facts and say it’s BS and us Huskers are just whining.

Again I ask, what did he say in the article that wasn't true? You think he blew a call and that was bush league, he reversed the call and got it right in the end. I think that Pelini acting like an ass was bush league, his team got the call, but he didn't listen long enough to hear that, and instead goes off, in his usual douche bag manner. Had he just listened to the ref, instead of threatening to to get a guy fired, none of this is even a story. But you read it how you want.

If the same story was told and it was Urban Meyer or Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban, you and others would be saying things like see what dicks these guys are.

No, you are not listening to what I am saying, yet again. Pelini is an ass, I am not defending him at all. I am saying this official comes off as a clown, taking about which coaches he likes, which he thinks should kiss his ass more and what a wonderful official he is. I thought his comments about most of the coaches were completely unprofessional and it has nothing to do with whatever bias you are trying to claim. His comments about Meyer not sucking up to him enough, about how Frost isn’t ready for the Big Ten and about how much money Harbaugh makes are all out of line too. It is also BS that he talks about how wonderful and like him Dantonio and Farentz are.

No, you are not listening to what I am saying, yet again. Pelini is an ass, I am not defending him at all. I am saying this official comes off as a clown, taking about which coaches he likes, which he thinks should kiss his ass more and what a wonderful official he is. I thought his comments about most of the coaches were completely unprofessional and it has nothing to do with whatever bias you are trying to claim. His comments about Meyer not sucking up to him enough, about how Frost isn’t ready for the Big Ten and about how much money Harbaugh makes are all out of line too. It is also BS that he talks about how wonderful and like him Dantonio and Farentz are.

I can't hear what you are writing, only read. So you are correct, I am not listening to you.

Your beef seems to be with the author. The guy asking the questions and writing the story. The official answered the questions he was asked. You don't like that, great, but he was no longer in the profession so who cared.

I can't hear what you are writing, only read. So you are correct, I am not listening to you.

Your beef seems to be with the author. The guy asking the questions and writing the story. The official answered the questions he was asked. You don't like that, great, but he was no longer in the profession so who cared.

i think the mans main point is our BIG 10 refs are biased in some sense and that particular thing only proves it. I have no clue if the current refs are like that or not but if they think the Head Coaches should be kissing their a$$es and they actually have favorites on certain teams, then that could definitely lead to favoritisms during a head to head game. Which would explain why we had a 2 year drought of no holding penalties against our opponents. I’m still absolutely baffled by that and how the BIG 10 itself isn’t coming down on the refs for that crap.

Reactions: bshirt73
i think the mans main point is our BIG 10 refs are biased in some sense and that particular thing only proves it. I have no clue if the current refs are like that or not but if they think the Head Coaches should be kissing their a$$es and they actually have favorites on certain teams, then that could definitely lead to favoritisms during a head to head game. Which would explain why we had a 2 year drought of no holding penalties against our opponents. I’m still absolutely baffled by that and how the BIG 10 itself isn’t coming down on the refs for that crap.

But Bo Pelini yelled several years ago, so it's all good...

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerssalts

Read the articles. NO ONE GETS CALLED FOR HOLDING IN THE BIG TEN!!!!!! Nebraska is really not all that singled out. This is similar to the same shit where ESPN and the studio guys "hate our team". Every team in America feels like they get screwed on all calls and that there is a bias against their team. Doesn't matter if it's refs, announcers or the league in general.

As far as kissing their asses, I don't see that. I see a guy who calls out coaches for being assholes. He didn't like how Meyer ignored him when he was talking to him. If Meyer was to complain about a call to the head official and the head official ignored Meyer and told his Line Judge to talk to Meyer, Meyer would think the ref was an ass too. Harbaugh and Pelini were/ are known jerks. Nothing in the article read that this ref wanted them to kiss his ass, he just didn't want them to be assholes. So if he was at fault for anything, it was believing that Harbaugh and Pelini would be able to have an adult discussion about a call and not be assholes.

So you have no problem calling Bo Pelini a douche bag for his antics, but you are OK with anofficial

But Bo Pelini yelled several years ago, so it's all good...

Correct, I have no problem calling Bo Pelini a douche bad for his antics. I am not sure what you mean with "I am OK with anofficial"????

Pelini yelled/ yells at officials every game, and never does much of anything to help his team get a call.

Correct, I have no problem calling Bo Pelini a douche bad for his antics. I am not sure what you mean with "I am OK with anofficial"????

Pelini yelled/ yells at officials every game, and never does much of anything to help his team get a call.
Yes he is an ass. So is this clown. Going on record about which coaches you want to have a beer with is ridiculous. Whining all these years later about a coach yelling at you for being lazy and blowing a call is pathetic. This “Big Ten guy” is a complete joke, regardless of how you feel about Bo Pelini.

Yes he is an ass. So is this clown. Going on record about which coaches you want to have a beer with is ridiculous. Whining all these years later about a coach yelling at you for being lazy and blowing a call is pathetic. This “Big Ten guy” is a complete joke, regardless of how you feel about Bo Pelini.

He didn't make a list of coaches he would like to have a beer with. He said he didn't like Frost and probably wouldn't be a guy he had a beer with. Again, he was no longer officiating games, so he can share that opinion now, when he couldn't then.

He didn't blow the call, the call went the correct way. You are making WAY too much out of this article. So I will ask again, what did he say that wasn't true? How does this prove that there was/ is some sort of Big Ten bias against Nebraska?

He didn't make a list of coaches he would like to have a beer with. He said he didn't like Frost and probably wouldn't be a guy he had a beer with. Again, he was no longer referring games, so he can share that opinion now, when he couldn't then.

He didn't blow the call, the call went the correct way. You are making WAY too much out of this article. So I will ask again, what did he say that wasn't true? How does this prove that there was/ is some sort of Big Ten bias against Nebraska?
Not sure I said it proves anything. I said it is completely unprofessional and pathetic. I gave many examples. I also, personally, think it is another example of the Big Ten’s good ole boy mentality. You can chose to ignore it because Bo Pelini yelled at the guy if you chose.

As far as what he said that was untrue. I disagree with almost everything in said, but his claim that he missed like 4 out of 200 calls is most certainly BS.

Not sure I said it proves anything. I said it is completely unprofessional and pathetic. I gave many examples. I also, personally, think it is another example of the Big Ten’s good ole boy mentality. You can chose to ignore it because Bo Pelini yelled at the guy if you chose.

So a guy didn't like Pelini because he was an ass, didn't necessarily like Frost for an undisclosed reason, didn't like Meyer because he ignored him and didn't like Harbaugh because he was also an ass? Meyer and Harbaugh are guys who coach or coached at two of the good ole boy schools, and you are providing this as an example of the Big Ten's good ole boy mentality?

OK, then.

Reactions: regoratsginrom
So a guy didn't like Pelini because he was an ass, didn't necessarily like Frost for an undisclosed reason, didn't like Meyer because he ignored him and didn't like Harbaugh because he was also an ass? Meyer and Harbaugh are guys who coach or coached at two of the good ole boy schools, and you are providing this as an example of the Big Ten's good ole boy mentality?

OK, then.
Wow, you are really reaching. This guy is being beyond unprofessional and you are going out of your way to defend it, simply to argue. Par for the course.

Wow, you are really reaching. This guy is being beyond unprofessional and you are going out of your way to defend it, simply to argue. Par for the course.

The subject of the thread is Big Ten bias against UNL??? None of what you are bitching about proves there is a Big Ten bias against Nebraska. You didn't like what a referee said about Pelini and Frost.

YOU WROTE that this official's answers to questions he was asked was an example of the Big Ten's good ole boy mentality. Again, the official had issues with 3 coaches, one at Nebraska, one at Ohio St and one at Michigan. He also said he probably wouldn't have a beer with Frost. How exactly is calling out coaches from the two most storied programs in the Big Ten an example of a good ole boy mentality? You wrote it, I am just trying to see your side.

I am still looking for proof of bias.

Michigan went two full Big Ten seasons, 2016 and 2017 with only two holding calls against their opponents. They had 58 sacks in those 18 games, had the number 2 and 3 ranked total defenses in the country and the number 1 pass defense in the country both years.

Yet because Nebraska didn't have any holding calls called on opponents over some 2 year period, with a defense that was never better than 50th in total defense there is some sort of bias against Nebraska????/

In that same two year period (2016, 2017) Nebraska had a total of 40 sacks in 24 games, compared to the 58 Michigan had in just conference games. Sounds like looking for a reason to bitch and moan to me.

I won’t waste much time with this subject but when a team does NOT have an opponent called for holding for 2 calendar years...that’s all anyone should need to know if the refs/conference is against a team or not. Hell, ever game each team could be called for 2-5 holding calls and none for two full years...yep, I think it’s obvious unless your biased then you could ignore the facts and say it’s BS and us Huskers are just whining.

1) It was ACCEPTED holding calls on PASSING plays. That is not the same as no holding calls for 2 years.

2) The B1G doesn't call holding often in pass plays...and that has been well documented.

3) It isn't up to the officials as to whether or not a team accepts a penalty....and I really doubt that the official stands there and says, "I'll go ahead and throw the flag, since I'm pretty sure Nebraska isn't going to accept the penalty."

Just my opinion and I have nothing to back it up. I think the year or so leading up to Nebraska joining the BIG, Nebraska had a bit of arrogance, ok a ton of. This mindset that we were bigger and better than most of the other teams in the BIG. That we would come in and with little effort make it our bitch and they were all going to kneel before our greatness.
You can guarantee the BIG10 higher ups and schedule makers and all the other schools took notice. So I think they have since set out to put us in our place by any means necessary. I think that could be why we are seeing the crazy tough schedule year after year. The calls not go our way more often than not. Teams playing extra hard against us. Teams like Iowa and Minn treating it as if they just won the GD National Championship every time they beat us. Having the worst stretch in Neb History has not helped prove we can hang.
I think it is going to take another decade maybe more of winning and proving we belong, before we will officially be accepted into that good ole boys clubs and we are going to get hazed every step of the way.

Very good post sir that makes nothing but good sense to me. You betcha, winning is the only way out.

Reactions: husker2612
I was seeing you were arguing with yourself, was a bit confused for second, then realized it was probably with a person I had muted long ago. I was right. As you are probably well aware Tuco does contribute good insight from time to time. I do enjoy some of his posts, but for me his constant arguing isn't worth the good he brings. He is a guy who will argue with you just to argue. Doesn't matter if he may deep down agree with what he is arguing against. For people like this it is a power trip type of thing. You will never ever "win" . That is also part of his goal, see if he can get you to quit or back down. I have found it isn't worth the time or effort. If you say the sky is blue he would argue that you are incorrect because actually it isn't always blue it can be red, orange, yellow, purple, white ect. I guess for those who also like to argue he is the perfect company. For most it is just easier to avoid these people in real life and ignore/ block on social media. Im sure he will attempt to create an argument with me over this post as well, but I won't see it:)

I was seeing you were arguing with yourself, was a bit confused for second, then realized it was probably with a person I had muted long ago. I was right. As you are probably well aware Tuco does contribute good insight from time to time. I do enjoy some of his posts, but for me his constant arguing isn't worth the good he brings. He is a guy who will argue with you just to argue. Doesn't matter if he may deep down agree with what he is arguing against. For people like this it is a power trip type of thing. You will never ever "win" . That is also part of his goal, see if he can get you to quit or back down. I have found it isn't worth the time or effort. If you say the sky is blue he would argue that you are incorrect because actually it isn't always blue it can be red, orange, yellow, purple, white ect. I guess for those who also like to argue he is the perfect company. For most it is just easier to avoid these people in real life and ignore/ block on social media. Im sure he will attempt to create an argument with me over this post as well, but I won't see it:)

glad to see I’m still living in your head.

I bet @SWIowahawks is getting good run out of this thread on the hawk board. It’s nice of the husker board mods to give him a platform so that he can play on both sides of the fence. Just sayin. :)

B1g did all it could to get you your 6th win, but in the end they can't play for you....
Phantom blindside block ended the potential game winning drive for Nebraska and let's not forgot about this on Iowa's long TD run:

But thanks for stopping by to let us know you are still obsessed.

Is the Big 10 bias against the Huskers? My pops believes so, and I'm not so sure. The holding call numbers would make it seem so.

Football is the cash cow for the Big Ten just as it for all other P5 conferences. The Huskers have not exactly been a major player in this sport since joining the Big Ten. I would like to see how people feel about the conference if and when we start achieving success. (I am not close to the situation. Does John Cook feel the conference has been unfair to his women's volleyball team?).

Wasn’t it just holding calls on passes? Not that it makes it better, but I don’t think it was zero holding calls for that long.

It seems like Big Ten officials either don’t call anything, or call a bunch of penalties. Very inconsistent in football but not as bad as basketball.

it was directly said that is was zero holding calls in general (passing and/or running plays) for 2 full years. See, even you see how mind boggling that is. It was said via TV and said via Radio with Matt Davison and the other announcer. Simply put, it went 2 full years with out any and all holding calls versus a Husker opponent.

it was directly said that is was zero holding calls in general (passing and/or running plays) for 2 full years. See, even you see how mind boggling that is. It was said via TV and said via Radio with Matt Davison and the other announcer. Simply put, it went 2 full years with out any and all holding calls versus a Husker opponent.

So can you answer my question with regards to Michigan and the defensive statistics I posted about them? Top 3 defense in the country, top pass defense in the country, huge sack numbers, and only 2 holding penalties.

Doesn't that lead you to believe that Michigan has as big of a gripe? Perhaps it isn't a bias. Perhaps it is just a league that doesn't call holding. Wouldn't a reasonable person think that Michigan, with sack numbers and pass defense numbers much better than Nebraska, would have had more than 2 opponent holding calls?

But sadly, that doesn't fit the we are so mistreated mantra, or the good ole boys are against us agenda.

And before anyone comes at me with a picture of an opponent holding our defender, I will just say, for everyone you post, I can post one where our player was holding the opponent and no call was made.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post....but who ever said that it was 2 years without ANY holding calls on Husker opponents said so in error.

Just during the 2018 season, prior to the Minnesota game, Wisconsin and Purdue were each called for 2 holding penalties on runs, and Michigan was called for 1.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Phantom blindside block ended the potential game winning drive for Nebraska and let's not forgot about this on Iowa's long TD run:

But thanks for stopping by to let us know you are still obsessed.
That wasn’t on Goodson’ long TD run. His run was to the right. We really don’t need to go back and talk about the officiating in this game do we? Otherwise, McCaffery’s TD pass shouldn’t have counted. Further proof that Big Ten officials suck and aren’t biased.

Dude, you have been wrong way more times than you’ve been right. Check the link with a picture from the broadcast....

It seems the Big 12 officials had it out for Nebraska in 2005 as well. Here is an article from the Journal Star complaining about the same thing.
https://journalstar.com/sports/foot...cle_25e6bc24-a2a8-5807-a957-0fef6249c093.html

I think it is going to take another decade maybe more of winning and proving we belong, before we will officially be accepted into that good ole boys clubs and we are going to get hazed every step of the way.

I don't know - NU is not a core member of the Big 10 and never will be - there's over 100 years of Big 10 history (Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, Big 10 vs Pac 8 Rose Bowls, etc) that's not our history and never will be. The plain fact is the Big 10 money wasn't "free" - we had to give up a lot to cash that check - over 100 years of MVIAA/Big 8 history and giving up being the Northern King of the Big 12 to be ... a highly compensated outsider in a conference of strangers.

I don't know - NU is not a core member of the Big 10 and never will be - there's over 100 years of Big 10 history (Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, Big 10 vs Pac 8 Rose Bowls, etc) that's not our history and never will be. The plain fact is the Big 10 money wasn't "free" - we had to give up a lot to cash that check - over 100 years of MVIAA/Big 8 history and giving up being the Northern King of the Big 12 to be ... a highly compensated outsider in a conference of strangers.
I think that people are complaining about a bias in on the field action....despite no one seeming to think so in the other sports. Somehow Husker volleyball has thrived, despite this supposed bias.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I think that people are complaining about a bias in on the field action....despite no one seeming to think so in the other sports. Somehow Husker volleyball has thrived, despite this supposed bias.
I don't think there was the arrogance by Neb in other sports the same as there was for football. I think that football arrogance is what pissed most of the BIG10 off.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
I don't think there was the arrogance by Neb in other sports the same as there was for football. I think that football arrogance is what pissed most of the BIG10 off.
I think that arrogance stuff was all made up, for the most part. I hear Iowa fans talking about how we thought we would dominate and I remember national publications saying it, but I really don't remember it actually coming from our fan base. But when I think about games like Purdue in Frost first year, well, it makes you think.

I think that arrogance stuff was all made up, for the most part. I hear Iowa fans talking about how we thought we would dominate and I remember national publications saying it, but I really don't remember it actually coming from our fan base. But when I think about games like Purdue in Frost first year, well, it makes you think.
I guess that is fair. I can't say I remember a ton of Neb fans saying they thought we would come in and dominate. I do think many Neb fans thought we would control our division most years pretty easily.

I guess that is fair. I can't say I remember a ton of Neb fans saying they thought we would come in and dominate. I do think many Neb fans thought we would control our division most years pretty easily.

Yeah, I was guilty of that. Shows what I know.

Imo, it all started down-hill heavily when Pedeyshine led the charge against NU cfb. It'll take awhile even with HCSF to turn this disaster around.

“Nebraska 2011 Big Ten Champs” were a thing. I did find an article from Bleacher Report that said Nebraska would win the conference in 2011. Said something along the lines of the Big Ten offenses having to adjust to Nebraska. Couldn’t really find anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT