ADVERTISEMENT

Bienemy

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Probably a lot of Chiefs fans here... is there any insight into why Bienemy isn’t landing these HC jobs? Is he seen as the lucky beneficiary of Andy Reid’s offensive mind?

Probably a lot of Chiefs fans here... is there any insight into why Bienemy isn’t landing these HC jobs? Is he seen as the lucky beneficiary of Andy Reid’s offensive mind?
I think he's got a good mind for football and relates well to players. What seems to be missing are the traits of an alpha leader. He's not making a good impression on the money men, like they would trust him to run the show. Does this guy have the blue print for a turnaround and do we trust him to be able to execute it? They may think the stage is too big for him. He's a very well-known name and he's getting passed up by no name guys right and left. He's not getting serious consideration. if he really wants to be a head coach, he needs to break free from Andy Reid and show what he can do as a coordinator under a different head coach. Right now, most GMS think he is responsible for fetching Andy's coffee

Yes, He could be exceptional, but with Andy Reid and Mahomes, any coach would look like a genius. So don't really know. Very creative play calling for sure though.

But he isn't the one designing or calling the plays....
No, he does design some plays. He shows Andy his homework and then gets a thumbs up or thumbs down. Andy of course has final say. They've got another guy on the staff that does the same thing. Forgot his name, but it was popping up for potential head coaching jobs. I thought that would be disastrous if the no name guy got a job ahead of Eric

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
That and some...questionable past behavior.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if he is still banned from the CU campus? I don't know if it was a lifetime ban but, if it was, that might explain why some potential employers are leery

Reactions: dinglefritz
But he isn't the one designing or calling the plays....
Couldn't you say that about all of the former Reid-offensive coordinators that went on to be successful coaches in the league? I don't have the list of names but I'm sure there is a decent number of them. What's different about Bienemy?

Reactions: BigD51
Couldn't you say that about all of the former Reid-offensive coordinators that went on to be successful coaches in the league? I don't have the list of names but I'm sure there is a decent number of them. What's different about Bienemy?

Yes. You could say the same..for some reason I cannot explain it feels different with Eric though...and the fact he isn't getting any offers from clubs after he interviews tells you a lot.

No, he does design some plays. He shows Andy his homework and then gets a thumbs up or thumbs down. Andy of course has final say. They've got another guy on the staff that does the same thing. Forgot his name, but it was popping up for potential head coaching jobs. I thought that would be disastrous if the no name guy got a job ahead of Eric
Mike Kafka

Reactions: drubendall
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if he is still banned from the CU campus? I don't know if it was a lifetime ban but, if it was, that might explain why some potential employers are leery

It was a one year ban, so no, he's not banned now.
  • Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

“She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.
Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy's Troubling Rap Sheet Includes a Disturbing Assault Charge Against a Woman (sportscasting.com)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy

and looking at the history of him as a player and coach off the field he has some issues that people are not going to overlook easily. If he is not very polished in his response to those along with the Ex’s & Oh’s and the overall philosophy that he would implement as a head coach I can see where there would be hesitation to hire him. I do think he is going to get an opportunity but it will probably not come before 2023 or before he would leave and become a coordinator somewhere else where it feels like he has more control over the offense.

It's an obvious REASON above all others as to why he hasn't landed a job. The problem is it's too many white males who ask about it with their heads buried in the sand. Every other coach who was "coordinator" under Reid didn't have this problem including FRANK REICH! I can go on and on about COACHES who called plays and assistants who got JOBS underneath them if you want to play that stupid game!

The NFL and college football have had a problem with BLACK QB's and COACHES FOREVER. They are just now getting to the point where BLACKS are seen more as QB's and NOT ATHLETES! The head coaching part is still seen as kind of a white man's job even tho their are numerous black assistants in the NFL and NCAA.

BLACKS make up over 70 percent of scholarship players in FBS football and 70 percent of NFL players but less than 5% of HEAD COACHES. Then it's posts and replies like these that will totally miss the elephant in the room....ON PURPOSE!

It's an obvious REASON above all others as to why he hasn't landed a job. The problem is it's too many white males who ask about it with their heads buried in the sand. Every other coach who was "coordinator" under Reid didn't have this problem including FRANK REICH! I can go on and on about COACHES who called plays and assistants who got JOBS underneath them if you want to play that stupid game!

The NFL and college football have had a problem with BLACK QB's and COACHES FOREVER. They are just now getting to the point where BLACKS are seen more as QB's and NOT ATHLETES! The head coaching part is still seen as kind of a white man's job even tho their are numerous black assistants in the NFL and NCAA.

BLACKS make up over 70 percent of scholarship players in FBS football and 70 percent of NFL players but less than 5% of HEAD COACHES. Then it's posts and replies like these that will totally miss the elephant in the room....ON PURPOSE!
Just because there are more blacks that are qualified to be head coaches than there currently are does not mean Bienemy is qualified.

I'm betting he interviews really bad. I'm betting every team that has given him a look wishes he interviewed better, the NFL wants to hire black coaches, going so far as bribing teams to do it with draft picks...owners would love to show the world how woke they are, but no man or woman smart enough to accumulate the wealth necessary to buy or own an NFL team is going to hire somebody with a checkered past and interviews like crap.

Reactions: woodman79 and WHCSC

It is way more nuanced than you are able to comprehend. Who are all of the 'black guys' that are ready to lead a franchise? The head coaching club is small and it's mostly made up of retreads. I can create a long list of coaches, regardless of melanin, who have been two time losers as head coaches. I'd like to see your list of coaches who have not gotten their fair chance. There is clearly something about Bienemy that is holding teams back. He should be a slam dunk, and yet, he is not.

I'm betting he interviews really bad. I'm betting every team that has given him a look wishes he interviewed better, the NFL wants to hire black coaches, going so far as bribing teams to do it with draft picks...owners would love to show the world how woke they are, but no man or woman smart enough to accumulate the wealth necessary to buy or own an NFL team is going to hire somebody with a checkered past and interviews like crap.
Actually I've heard sportscasters who have interviewed Eric say he has very good communication skills. The ALSO note however his past behavior problems that probably rightly limit his chances of landing a head coaching job.

What puzzles me is why people keep bringing up the number of black athletes there are in football versus the number of head coaches. Those two things are independent of each other. Playing sports does NOT qualify you to be a head coach. Hell it doesn't qualify you to be a position coach. LOGICALLY, the percentage of black head coaches should likely approximate the number of blacks in our population and that's about it.

I'm sort of wondering if teams are looking at how mediocre Matt Nagy has been for the Bears and wondering if hiring another Andy Reid offensive coordinator is a good idea.

And, teams like the Jets or Texans could have scooped up Doug Pederson, but they did not. He had one great year of coaching, followed by running it off the rails. I don't think enough people understand that people in junior positions are constantly and quietly being evaluated on their every move for their future potential to ascend, based on how they interact with people, lead others and innovate.

What did Andy Reid see in Patrick Mahomes that made him so certain he was the guy? Mahomes was the 10th overall pick. A franchise QB of his caliber is worth hundreds of millions of dollars to their organization (or more). Quite a few whiffed by not taking him in the top 3. It's a gamble.

victim much? the guy has bad values, he has demonstrated that. were talking about leading a multi-million dollar organization. Surface level concerns like violence against women are usually going to disqualify you. It seems you think being black is reason enough to be hired. You really believe an owner would say " He is certainly a great fit and could be a great coach, but he's black" GTFO race baiter.

Reactions: greerprop
Could also be that Bienemy knows he has a sweet job with the best team in the NFL*, and it comes across in his interviews. It's one thing to interview for a new job, but another to convince that team you really want to be there.

*It pains me to type this, because I can't stand the Chiefs. But it's a fact.

Yes. You could say the same..for some reason I cannot explain it feels different with Eric though...and the fact he isn't getting any offers from clubs after he interviews tells you a lot.
Or he is still coaching this year and can’t announce that he is getting a head coaching job!

No, there is no reason that Adam Gase can be hired to coach an NFL team, and Eric B. cannot be hired to coach an NFL team.

Eric choked a girl, made a reference to a gang bang, than his buddy beat up the witness. When applying to be the head of a multi-million dollar organization, things like this tend to be frowned upon. Its hard to manage a crew of players and coaches if you aren't strong mentally. In this climate, people are being fired/exiled for things they said years ago. Maybe a woman beater isn't the best leader of men.

Eric choked a girl, made a reference to a gang bang, than his buddy beat up the witness. When applying to be the head of a multi-million dollar organization, things like this tend to be frowned upon. Its hard to manage a crew of players and coaches if you aren't strong mentally. In this climate, people are being fired/exiled for things they said years ago. Maybe a woman beater isn't the best leader of men.

he needs to be able to demonstrate this isn’t him any longer and all the fellas of that time aren’t in his life any longer for many to trust he has changed. Even then, the doubt for many will remain. Actions have consequences and right or not, the larger the power and money, the greater the need to be better on your past. Exceptions exist for sure but not often.

Reactions: 1ManBearPig
I was not aware of some of these things and had a few minutes to read about Eric, so I did...I just wonder, because I'm assuming the same media who rejoices in their wokeness are aware of this stuff....why it's OK for Eric to get a pass and a sweet gig while others have been canceled or passed over for less. Weird times for sure.

Maybe that’s why him and tyreek get along so well

There won't be many jobs open next year. Maybe Dallas, hopefully the Vikings, maybe Cincinnati, Denver and Chicago. Can't see any others

There won't be many jobs open next year. Maybe Dallas, hopefully the Vikings, maybe Cincinnati, Denver and Chicago. Can't see any others
I'm not sure the Vikings would want him back there. I was surprised they hired him as a RB coach. He was not a good guy in college. I would accurately call him a thug but that's racist now I guess.

I'm not sure the Vikings would want him back there. I was surprised they hired him as a RB coach. He was not a good guy in college. I would accurately call him a thug but that's racist now I guess.
No, I'm not looking for the Vikes to get him. My point is there will be few jobs next year. He may wait longer, UNLESS the Chiefs juggernaut continues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT