Biden's Approval rating continues to climb...

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
That’s why Obama lives in a 15 thousand ft house on the Vineyard...cuz he’s so concerned about climate change. And John kerry flies stound in private jets. What a crisis? If only the Dems wanted to fix the things you stated but they actually pay no attention to those issues. Republicans will take the house in 2022 unless Democrats can pull off another election fraud !
ODS is a terrible disease.

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Even the Pubs want an infrastructure bill Jim. Why are you struggling with this? This is not a want thing. It’s an absolute must thing.
There's an "infrastructure bill" every presidency in some fashion. Every politician says it. They spend money every year on infrastructure. Literally impossible not to.

Reactions: nelsonj22

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
There's an "infrastructure bill" every presidency in some fashion. Every politician says it. They spend money every year on infrastructure. Literally impossible not to.

I’ll stand with my thoughts for a major bill. And there was no infrastructure bill under Trump, even though he promised one. Just another one of the 82% of his promises not fully kept.

Reactions: 94husker

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I’ll stand with my thoughts for a major bill. And there was no infrastructure bill under Trump, even though he promised one. Just another one of the 82% of his promises not fully kept.
Dems put shit in there they knew wouldn't get through the senate. Politics. 500 bil/year is spent. The house's "giant" bill last year was 1.5 trillion. That doesn't even qualify as big anymore.

What qualifies as a major bill now? 3 trillion?

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Dems put shit in there they knew wouldn't get through the senate. Politics. 500 bil/year is spent. The house's "giant" bill last year was 1.5 trillion. That doesn't even qualify as big anymore.

What qualifies as a major bill now? 3 trillion?

Not true. Trump said after the 2018 midterms that there would be no infrastructure bill until Nancy started treating him better. Ole tough guy Trump being owned by Nancy and it cost us two years in infrastructure.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Not true. Trump said after the 2018 midterms that there would be no infrastructure bill until Nancy started treating him better. Ole tough guy Trump being owned by Nancy and it cost us two years in infrastructure.
Nancy is possessed by a demon so she has an unfair advantage.

Edit: sheit*

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Joe only banned new fracking on federal lands and the Keystone pipeline was going to have little to no impact on the future price of gasoline. And your dodge on the Dollar’s impact on crude was a bit less than impressive. And thanks for the lesson on the markets looking forward. I’ll add that to my 40 years of experience in the commodities business.

Biden also put a hold on issuing new drilling permits and leasing federal lands including offshore. I understand companies were stock piling drilling permits at the end of last year in anticipation of this hold so that is likely not going to be an issue right away. While the renewables get exemption for the number of birds they kill and desert habitat they disrupt the fossil fuels industry is suffering death by a thousand cuts. Next will come greater environmental regulation for producers. Then we will see more regulation of the refineries. This is what Obama described as government putting its finger on the scale.

Last edited:
  • Haha

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
Biden also put a hold on issuing new drilling permits and leasing federal lands including offshore. I understand companies were stock piling drilling permits at the end of last year in anticipation of this hold so that is likely not going to be an issue right away. While the renewables get exemption for the number of birds they kill and desert habitat they disrupt the fossil fuels industry is suffering death by a thousand cuts. Next will come greater environmental regulation for producers. Then we will see more regulation of the refineries. This is what Obama described as government putting its finger on the scale.

Do you see the irony in your logic?

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
He's been a great President, that's what he's done!
Scope I’m waiting for the presser ....now you know the question is coming Mr. Resident Mr. Resident !! Does the assisted living unit offer soft serve ice cream ??????
the world is waiting.......Jim. Accostme

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Do you see the irony in your logic?
Only if you don’t support the fossil fuel industry even in the short term. Obama said the government should not pick winners and losers. I agree.

By halting leasing federal lands it’s akin to telling gun owners you can keep your gun but were not selling you any bullets. And then the government says, but there is a guy down the road that is only using bullets for target practice. We’re going to sell him bullets. And if every once in a while the guy down the road shoots an endangered animal were going to overlook that. Whats left is that you can still buy powder, primer and casings so you can make your own bullets by reloading. It’s all good.

Last edited:

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Only if you don’t support the fossil fuel industry even in the short term. Obama said the government should not pick winners and losers. I agree.

By halting leasing federal lands it’s akin to telling gun owners you can keep your gun but were not selling you any bullets. And then the government says, but there is a guy down the road that is only using bullets for target practice. We’re going to sell him bullets. And if every once in a while the guy down the road shoots an endangered animal were going to overlook that. Whats left is that you can still buy powder, primer and casings so you can make your own bullets by reloading. It’s all good.
Do you have any doubt that renewables are the future?

Do you think America on renewable energy is better than on fossil fuel?

Do you think that China is trying to be an energy superpower by investing more than anyone else in green energy?

I believe all 3 of those statements personally. If you don't that's cool, but the data backs it up.

If all 3 of those are true, we are screwing ourselves by NOT investing everything we can into green infrastructure.

This is an ARMS RACE.

Dude122

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
All the libs like FREE stuff that's why Sleepy has a high approval rating, You are like a pig in slop when the Dems give you something without working for it. Stay close to your mail box your $1.400 check will be coming soon.

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
All the libs like FREE stuff that's why Sleepy has a high approval rating, You are like a pig in slop when the Dems give you something without working for it. Stay close to your mail box your $1.400 check will be coming soon.
Oink oink!

Reactions: jsachisler

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Do you have any doubt that renewables are the future? NO not really. The future is nuclear with plugging in cars that came from nuclear power.

Do you think America on renewable energy is better than on fossil fuel? If this means only renewables then we will be a third world country unless there is not massive tech gains fast.

Do you think that China is trying to be an energy superpower by investing more than anyone else in green energy? They are trying to export green energy products, but mainly not use it themselves.

Study: China's New Coal Power Plant Capacity in 2020 More Than 3 Times Rest of World's | Voice of America - English (voanews.com)

• Clean energy investment worldwide by major country 2019 | Statista

I believe all 3 of those statements personally. If you don't that's cool, but the data backs it up.

If all 3 of those are true, we are screwing ourselves by NOT investing everything we can into green infrastructure.

This is an ARMS RACE.

kidofSN

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
It is one thing to be ignorant to how life actually works and it is another thing to just be an ass to other people. We are supposed to be taught at a young age to respect one another. Somewhere that has become lost in life. It is just to bad!

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Study: China's New Coal Power Plant Capacity in 2020 More Than 3 Times Rest of World's | Voice of America - English (voanews.com)

• Clean energy investment worldwide by major country 2019 | Statista

Literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. In fact it amplifies China's intentions. They don't give a sh*t about being green really, they know everyone else does tho and they know the world is going there, so they're investing more than anyone in it to be a superpower in the energy business.

And let's talk about percent of total capacity:
Although China currently has the world's largest installed capacity of hydro, solar and wind power, its energy needs are so large that in 2019, renewable sources provided 26% of its electricity generation[6]—compared to 17% in the U.S.A.[7]—with most of the remainder provided by coal power plants.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Cons like free stuff too. Corporations like their corporate welfare. Farmers like their aid. Everybody likes free stuff.

Libs in blue states carry you sorry ass red states anyway. There are more poor Con dipshits in trailer homes in red states living off free shit given to them by Libs than anywhere else. It's sad really.

meribeau

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2005
The pipeline might have involved 20,000 workers and all of those jobs would not have been new ones. A large infrastructure program would likely create several hundred thousand.
What infrastructure job is our tax dollars going to pay for. Reviving the economy with our tax dollars is not reviving economy. When the money runs out so do the jobs. Obama proved that to us.

Reactions: jsachisler

meribeau

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2005
Cons like free stuff too. Corporations like their corporate welfare. Farmers like their aid. Everybody likes free stuff.

Libs in blue states carry you sorry ass red states anyway. There are more poor Con dipshits in trailer homes in red states living off free shit given to them by Libs than anywhere else. It's sad really.
Below me

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Do you have any doubt that renewables are the future? I think renewables are part of the future. Not “ the” future.

Do you think America on renewable energy is better than on fossil fuels? I don’t want to get into parsing words. Would more use of renewables mean less air pollution? Yes if that is your only measure of “better”.

Do you think that China is trying to be an energy superpower by investing more than anyone else in green energy? China is doing a lot of things that are bigger and better than the US. With 1.4 billion people, about 4 times the US population they need to. I think they are trying to be a supper power and subplant the US in the Pacific Ocean. They are talking about colonizing the moon. On energy China has very little oil or gas. Lots of coal but, mining and burning coal is a horrible polluter. Worse than oil or gas. And China has big pollution problems so their investment in renewables is critical for their country to supply their energy needs.
I am more concerned about Chinas stealing our technology, their aggressive behavior towards Taiwan and the northern Japanese islands, and their push into outer space, than I am about their investment in green energy.

If all 3 of those are true, we are screwing ourselves by NOT investing everything we can into green infrastructure. So you want to invest everything we can into green energy. Is that before or after we spend money on social programs? Before or after we spend money to rebuild our roads, bridges and airports? Before or after we build more immigration facilities on the southern boarder. Is the investment your asking for coming from government or is it private money? If your proposing government funds I would just hope it gets spent better than the last time under Biden. #Solyndra

This is an ARMS RACE.
All this being said I don’t think you need worry about Biden’s plans for renewables for the next 4 years. The attach story would suggest the future of renewable energy is in good hands.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
So you want to invest everything we can into green energy. Is that before or after we spend money on social programs? Before or after we spend money to rebuild our roads, bridges and airports? Before or after we build more immigration facilities on the southern boarder. Is the investment your asking for coming from government or is it private money? If your proposing government funds I would just hope it gets spent better than the last time under Biden. #Solyndra
Don't start the whataboutism and strawman. Your discussion is usually way better than that.

How about you stop subsidizing gas an oil? Those are WAY higher than any renewable subsidies.

Just take that over a 10 year period and shift those investments over to renewable.

meribeau

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2005
You know what else is interesting about that is the economy was "booming" when Obama left office at 5% unemployment. We're sitting at 6.3% right now and just shoved an additional 50% of the annual budget into the economy.
The economy was not booming when Obama left. Obama didn’t know the first step in getting economy going.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
The economy was not booming when Obama left. Obama didn’t know the first step in getting economy going.
I'd say the economy was doing pretty well. I'd agree it wasn't "booming". My point was I've seen multiple times that Obama left office with a great economy. We're essentially in that same position right now and feel the need to pump 2 trillion into it.

Money for schools to address issues with covid fine. Even tax cuts are fine by me via stimulus and additional child tax credits. The other half is stupid.