Biden's Approval rating continues to climb...

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
On a lifetime basis, a gallon of gasoline made from tar sands produces about 15% more carbon dioxide emissions than one made from conventional oil. This important difference is attributable to the energy intensive extraction, upgrading, and refining process. Mining versus in situ tar sands extraction.

Unfortunately, the carbon emissions associated with extracting tar sands could increase over time, as in-situ mining—which creates more emissions than surface mining—is used to extract bitumen located deeper and deeper in the earth. Tar sands also impact water supplies. For every gallon of gasoline produced by tar sands, about 5.9 gallons of freshwater are consumed during the extraction, upgrading, and refining process. That’s roughly three times as much as used for conventional oil.

Much of this water is polluted by toxic substances harmful to human health and the environment. When surface mining is used, the wastewater ends up in toxic storage ponds. These ponds can cover over 30 square miles—making them some of the largest man-made structures on the planet. When in-situ mining is used, wastewater is stored in the same well the bitumen is extracted from—risking contaminated groundwater if a leak occurs.

DaveyDoWin

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2004
On a lifetime basis, a gallon of gasoline made from tar sands produces about 15% more carbon dioxide emissions than one made from conventional oil. This important difference is attributable to the energy intensive extraction, upgrading, and refining process. Mining versus in situ tar sands extraction.

Unfortunately, the carbon emissions associated with extracting tar sands could increase over time, as in-situ mining—which creates more emissions than surface mining—is used to extract bitumen located deeper and deeper in the earth. Tar sands also impact water supplies. For every gallon of gasoline produced by tar sands, about 5.9 gallons of freshwater are consumed during the extraction, upgrading, and refining process. That’s roughly three times as much as used for conventional oil.

Much of this water is polluted by toxic substances harmful to human health and the environment. When surface mining is used, the wastewater ends up in toxic storage ponds. These ponds can cover over 30 square miles—making them some of the largest man-made structures on the planet. When in-situ mining is used, wastewater is stored in the same well the bitumen is extracted from—risking contaminated groundwater if a leak occurs.

tenor.gif

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Hey, it’s really not worth arguing about, because I want the country to kick ass during Biden’s presidency, but if his effort during the campaign was any indication, he’s not doing too much. jmho
I can appreciate a guy who only expends the energy needed to succeed at a task and conserve energy for later. Biden knew he could beat Trump handily while napping on the couch in his basement, so he did. (Biden knew the more Trump talked and lied and campaigned, Trump would essentially beat himself)

Doesn't mean he can't kick ass now that he has an actual difficult challenge he faces (the job of the presidency.)

A wet noodle could have beaten Trump and Biden knew it.

Reactions: 94husker and H2Oman

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Did you know there are 24 hours in a day? Joe could sleep 12-14 hours a day AND work 10-12 hours like @IndyHusker said.
I think worked is being thrown around pretty loosely here. I could say I've "worked" 43 hours already this week but that wouldn't really be accurate. Even if I include the time bullshitting with clients there's a few hours of wasting time on the scrolls in there.

Just like me Biden has probably been at work 10-12 hours a day because he lives at work. Doubt he's in meetings that entire time.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
I think worked is being thrown around pretty loosely here. I could say I've "worked" 43 hours already this week but that wouldn't really be accurate. Even if I include the time bullshitting with clients there's a few hours of wasting time on the scrolls in there.

Just like me Biden has probably been at work 10-12 hours a day because he lives at work. Doubt he's in meetings that entire time.
I was responding to someone who said the math didn't work out. I merely pointed out that actually it does.

The last president we had golfed 3-4 times a week, tweeted like a 16 year old girl, called into Fox news and shot the shit for hours at a time, and had day after day with a wide open calendar. I think in comparison, Biden will "work" a normal amount for a president, which is fine by me.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana

If he's in one meeting a day, it's at least four more than the orange fella averaged per week.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I was responding to someone who said the math didn't work out. I merely pointed out that actually it does.

The last president we had golfed 3-4 times a week, tweeted like a 16 year old girl, called into Fox news and shot the shit for hours at a time, and had day after day with a wide open calendar. I think in comparison, Biden will "work" a normal amount for a president, which is fine by me.
I know. Didn't directly relate to your post.

Reactions: philosophusker

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
The dems took you in as one of them already indy. You don't have to keep reassuring them.

When the GOP let's a con man like Trump take over their party, it does not leave people with a moral compass much choice.

Honestly you seem too smart to be a Trump supporter Jim. Is a small tax cut and a truckload of broken promises really a good enough reason to sell out one's integrity?

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
When the GOP let's a con man like Trump take over their party, it does not leave people with a moral compass much choice.

Honestly you seem too smart to be a Trump supporter Jim. Is a small tax cut and a truckload of broken promises really a good enough reason to sell out one's integrity?
I'm not a Trump supporter. I've always been more of a middle of the road guy. I actually liked Obama after the first term. Didn't like his 2nd. Liked what Trump was doing for the most part. Didn't like the guy ever and didn't like some stuff he did and didn't do at the end.

I like what I like. Don't care what party they are.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
The dems took you in as one of them already indy. You don't have to keep reassuring them.

Nah, the Dems already know the truth. But for some really stupid reason I keep thinking I can help bring the rightwing back to their senses. I need to let go of that. Maybe Abe and Ron have been trying to use me from above the past five years? 😉

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
I'm not a Trump supporter. I've always been more of a middle of the road guy. I actually liked Obama after the first term. Didn't like his 2nd. Liked what Trump was doing for the most part. Didn't like the guy ever and didn't like some stuff he did and didn't do at the end.

I like what I like. Don't care what party they are.
Your last sentence is my philosophy too. I guess that is why I commented when you said Indy was a Dem now. The whole label thing sucks. There are a lot of independent moderate types and the Pubs call them Dems and the Dems call them Pubs. Yet it's the same person.

Last edited:

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Nah, the Dems already know the truth. But for some really stupid reason I keep thinking I can help bring the rightwing back to their senses. I need to let go of that. Maybe Abe and Ron have been trying to use me from above the past five years? 😉
Never seen you take the pub side of an argument so not sure what this means. Would love to to hear an example of one.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Your last sentence is my philosophy too. I guess that is why I commented when you said Indy was a Dem now. The whole label thing sucks. There are a lot of independent moderate types and the Pubs call them Dems and the Dems call them Pubs. Yet it's the same person.

Well said. More than a few on this site have attempted to get under my skin the last four years by calling me a lib or Dem. It hasn’t worked of course, but it would be a better label than being part of the lunatic rightwing fringe. And then there are the fanatical cult Trump groupies. Thank you Jesus for not letting me ever go that direction.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Never seen you take the pub side of an argument so not sure what this means. Would love to to hear an example of one.

Happened numerous times on this site pre 2016. And I’ve stated numerous times since then that the cheap money and high spending policy that Trump kept going was bad medicine. And I was anti trade war and high tariffs (things we conservatives used to be firmly against).

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016

Sounds like some factual information was in play when making the decision to shut that famous pipe down.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
I know you are talking to Indy, but I wanted to comment because I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal so there is not really a party for me. I have a hard time with the GOP right now because of Trump, but I bet you and I would agree on quite a bit fiscally Jim. Heck I bet we would agree on social aspects too.

That is why the label thing doesn't work. You can call me a Dem and a lib and that is fine, but I do not fit into some nice little box. I am far closer in views to John Kasich than Bernie/AOC.

Another view I have that does not fit in a nice box is I am pro choice AND pro capital punishment LOL

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
Did you know there are 24 hours in a day? Joe could sleep 12-14 hours a day AND work 10-12 hours like @IndyHusker said.
Well he's in adult day care from 11:00 to 5:00 , after the 45 second press conference, and his "team" yell's Thats all !! NO MORE QUESTIONS!! we are done today! Then shuffles takes Jill's arm, and walks the empty suit to a bench as he stares at the floor....hell of day" lets get him back is heard in the back ground.
Fact

Reactions: Husker_in_OK

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
under $2.00 gas is gone, thanks flakey joe.
What has he done specifically to change gas prices that had been rising steadily since last April? Pipeline wasn't for us, fracking ban was just new federal wells which would have zero impact on current prices.

So what specifically has he done to change prices?

Reactions: 94husker

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
What has he done specifically to change gas prices that had been rising steadily since last April? Pipeline wasn't for us, fracking ban was just new federal wells which would have zero impact on current prices.

So what specifically has he done to change prices?
green new deal for one.

kidofSN

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Facts have no business in this thread. As facts no longer mean anything in politics. Throw shit against a wall enough times some of it is going to stick. It happens from and to both sides. It sucks. Need more people like Indy who actually looks at a problem or situation and takes a stand. Politicians have stopped doing this. IT SUCKS!!!

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I know you are talking to Indy, but I wanted to comment because I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal so there is not really a party for me. I have a hard time with the GOP right now because of Trump, but I bet you and I would agree on quite a bit fiscally Jim. Heck I bet we would agree on social aspects too.

That is why the label thing doesn't work. You can call me a Dem and a lib and that is fine, but I do not fit into some nice little box. I am far closer in views to John Kasich than Bernie/AOC.

Another view I have that does not fit in a nice box is I am pro choice AND pro capital punishment LOL

Very much me. Does that make us kind of libertarian?

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Very much me. Does that make us kind of libertarian?
Quite possibly. One reason I have never taken the Libertarian plunge is I don't want to vote for a third party candidate with no chance of winning an election. Except for maybe Kanye. (J/K) I also remember hearing a Libertarian talk one time about how in a perfect world, government would be practically non-existent to the point that even police and fire departments would be private. I don't like the idea of that.

kidofSN

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Libertarians have extremists just like the other two parties. That is the problem always. Right wing extremists and now Trumpers also. Left wing nuts that want government to handle everything. And same with Libertarian extremists. The biggest problem is those are the lowest denominator and least amount of numbers for any and all of the different political factions. They however become the pounding point for ads etc against those parties. As many lies that were told about Trump for example have already been toppled by the number of mistruth comments made about Biden. It is unbelievable. Someone needs to come up with a way of stopping that horse shit.

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Libertarians have extremists just like the other two parties. That is the problem always. Right wing extremists and now Trumpers also. Left wing nuts that want government to handle everything. And same with Libertarian extremists. The biggest problem is those are the lowest denominator and least amount of numbers for any and all of the different political factions. They however become the pounding point for ads etc against those parties. As many lies that were told about Trump for example have already been toppled by the number of mistruth comments made about Biden. It is unbelievable. Someone needs to come up with a way of stopping that horse shit.
Honestly think we'll see a big rise in registered Libertarians in the coming future. I think (hope) Trump just kinda goes away, and don't think his 'frontrunner' status is anymore valid than Hildebeast's frontrunner status was 4 years ago. Problem is most of the existing GOP congressmen are as much as part of the problem with government as are the Libs, and people are realizing that. I think 'Trumpers' were at least partially drawn to him because he saw the MSM for what it was, and at least verbally supported smaller government. I didn't vote for him and do NOT want him as a face for Libertarians. Kinda hope the GOP does split and the Libertarian cause grow... elections don't mean shit anymore anyways, and we need a valid platform to find a way to gut the federal government, DC establishment and MSM... the Republicans in DC have done NOTHING to promote these things.

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
Honestly think we'll see a big rise in registered Libertarians in the coming future. I think (hope) Trump just kinda goes away, and don't think his 'frontrunner' status is anymore valid than Hildebeast's frontrunner status was 4 years ago. Problem is most of the existing GOP congressmen are as much as part of the problem with government as are the Libs, and people are realizing that. I think 'Trumpers' were at least partially drawn to him because he saw the MSM for what it was, and at least verbally supported smaller government. I didn't vote for him and do NOT want him as a face for Libertarians. Kinda hope the GOP does split and the Libertarian cause grow... elections don't mean shit anymore anyways, and we need a valid platform to find a way to gut the federal government, DC establishment and MSM... the Republicans in DC have done NOTHING to promote these things.
don t believe he will be the face for liberals.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017

Having a different opinion than me doesn't bother me at all. Especially when it comes to politics. What works for one time period economically wouldn't necessarily work for another. So I don't believe one party can always be right. In addition to that within the parties they have inconsistencies in logic. So. If you support everything your party does and says and never have anything negative to say about it you're incapapble of having a logical thought. I don't mean to imply you're one of those people. There are some here though on both sides.

Even when someone brings up something so outrageous it can't be denied as stupid they won't admit it. Just reply with a crack about Trump or Biden whichever is applicable.

I understand @IndyHusker not liking Trump and anyone supporting him. To even go so far as not voting for any of them makes sense. Changing your opinion to everything dem and licking Biden's butthole every chance you get doesn't make sense. It basically says you don't have the capability of forming an opinion. You just wait for someone else to tell you what it is.

That's the source of my comment and it took me like two days to finish this post so you probably forgot we were even having this discussion.

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
I can appreciate a guy who only expends the energy needed to succeed at a task and conserve energy for later. Biden knew he could beat Trump handily while napping on the couch in his basement, so he did. (Biden knew the more Trump talked and lied and campaigned, Trump would essentially beat himself)

Doesn't mean he can't kick ass now that he has an actual difficult challenge he faces (the job of the presidency.)

A wet noodle could have beaten Trump and Biden knew it.
or a stolen election

Reactions: Husker_in_OK

Latest posts