Biden's Approval rating continues to climb...

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I don't expect to agree with him on everything. I don't expect to agree with any president on every issue, unless of course I was the president. But he is getting the US back on the international stage to make sure we have input in the general direction. Seems to be governing based on reality. Listening to scientists and making decisions with regards to covid and climate. Listening to experts regarding economic recovery. Isn't tweeting conspiracy from his toilet at 3am and trying to overturn democracy. So yeah I approve so far.

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Who says Biden's not going to pack the court? I don't believe he's ever said he's not going to when asked, has he?
Fair point. All I've read is that he said he's put together a bipartisan commission to study the issue, but never said he would explicitly pack the court.

I highly doubt he would want to waste his good approval numbers (so far) on something like court packing, his numbers would tank and he knows it. SCOTUS would have to hand down some terribly partisan rulings, like completely banning all abortion, for him to even consider it.

It would also take a long ass time to nominate and confirm 4 new SCOTUS judges. And Dem's from red states like Manchin, Sinema, King etc. won't go along, so you'd need GOP votes to pack the court for Dem's. Not happening.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Well over 60% now. People are really loving Joe! One of the most popular President in Decades! Once we've got Vaccine chips in folks arms and the Economy goes boom boom, he's probably gonna touch the 70s, easy! What a guy!

Good for him. His kids will be able to tell people that their dad had a good approval rating as president, and some people might care. I like to enjoy my W's too, and sadly he won't really be able to.

H2Oman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
They can talk about it all they want. Will not work.

So outside of a conversation starter, it is all just trigger points for the cult.
Cult is not going to miss a perfectly good chance for a grievance, even if it is hypothetical at best.

Reactions: 94husker

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Which one? The blue eyed or nearly black eyed version? Well here’s the good news scope ....

he’s a pro alright, 40 plus years in the swamp, and Jill takes him to change his Adult diapers , gas sky rockets, fires up the war machine, straps into the Paris discord where China and Russia don’t have to comply till 2030 .....and all that in just his first Few months,
And he still has no clue where he is, or if he’s at Chucky cheese sniffin away

Uhhh...pump prices went up due to the Texas blizzard taking out 25% of the nation's refining capacity. Kind of a key figure there. Pump prices went up during Trump's early months too and were higher than today's prices during much of his first three years. And we didn't blame him. Nothing that Biden has done to-date has had a direct impact on the nearby price of fuel.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
No problem. I think I just misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were bashing Biden but maybe you weren't. My apologies.

That's how it goes in real life too, people often mistake what I say as a slight when really it was a compliment. People seem to not like facts thrown in with compliments. Not you or anything, just in general people only want to hear the good, and they don't want the facts included.

But yes, I was trying to just give the dude props where they were deserved, and then I got depressed while giving the props thinking, dang this guy worked his whole life to achieve something that few will remember except for his kids. And they will be stoked on him, but many regular humans just won't care. And it makes me think, is anything important, does anything really matter outside of a person's narrow scope on life?

But ultimately, it was a compliment.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
That's how it goes in real life too, people often mistake what I say as a slight when really it was a compliment. People seem to not like facts thrown in with compliments. Not you or anything, just in general people only want to hear the good, and they don't want the facts included.

But yes, I was trying to just give the dude props where they were deserved, and then I got depressed while giving the props thinking, dang this guy worked his whole life to achieve something that few will remember except for his kids. And they will be stoked on him, but many regular humans just won't care. And it makes me think, is anything important, does anything really matter outside of a person's narrow scope on life?

But ultimately, it was a compliment.
No not really, the individual level drives the conglomerate but to place importance on it from what others think is detrimental. You will never be happy/content when basing any of it on outside people. It is human nature, but the chase of "stardom/fame" IMO should have zero impact on selfworth.

Only the person lives in their reality and it is never the exact same as anyone else's. This makes it impossible to get an accurate account of self worth from others.

This is obviously a wacked out analogy but here goes.

If someone could cure cancer, they would be famous and praised to no end. Even if they were abusive and shitty parents and their kid killed themselves. The public would out poor support for that individuals loss, all the while that individual is the only one that knows what they have done.

That person would still be famous and loved while being a complete pos. They directly lead to their child dieing, no worse of a person than that IMO.

Obviously that is an extreme, ala NRA infomercials of the 90s, but it's a truth I've learned through AA.

My current strategy for self worth is simply "make every decision as if my boys could read my mind and know every influencing thought that drives a decision/action".

It's amazing the feeling of "fvck what all of them think" when you know you made your decisions 100% out of love/compassion/and helping others vs selfish greed/envy/hate/or the big one fear.

None of this is to diminish the chemical goodies released by "fitting in" or "being famous" but those things are no different than a hit of insert drug of choice here.

And just like the drug you'll always need another "hit"

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
No not really, the individual level drives the conglomerate but to place importance on it from what others think is detrimental. You will never be happy/content when basing any of it on outside people. It is human nature, but the chase of "stardom/fame" IMO should have zero impact on selfworth.

Only the person lives in their reality and it is never the exact same as anyone else's. This makes it impossible to get an accurate account of self worth from others.

This is obviously a wacked out analogy but here goes.

If someone could cure cancer, they would be famous and praised to no end. Even if they were abusive and shitty parents and their kid killed themselves. The public would out poor support for that individuals loss, all the while that individual is the only one that knows what they have done.

That person would still be famous and loved while being a complete pos. They directly lead to their child dieing, no worse of a person than that IMO.

Obviously that is an extreme, ala NRA infomercials of the 90s, but it's a truth I've learned through AA.

My current strategy for self worth is simply "make every decision as if my boys could read my mind and know every influencing thought that drives a decision/action".

It's amazing the feeling of "fvck what all of them think" when you know you made your decisions 100% out of love/compassion/and helping others vs selfish greed/envy/hate/or the big one fear.

None of this is to diminish the chemical goodies released by "fitting in" or "being famous" but those things are no different than a hit of insert drug of choice here.

And just like the drug you'll always need another "hit"

What an amazing response. I appreciate this so much.

It is true that if we try to gain our self worth from the admiration of others that it could lead only to detrimental returns.

I try to live life the way you have described, and I hope only to improve day to day. If I am a better person today, than I was yesterday. Then that is a success. I spent too much of my life being a self absorbed asshole.

Thank you again for your well worded, and well thought out response. Honestly I want people to live how you have described, through kindness, love, and compassion. Humans just get so caught up in the day to day that it can be hard to escape the spiral.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
What an amazing response. I appreciate this so much.

It is true that if we try to gain our self worth from the admiration of others that it could lead only to detrimental returns.

I try to live life the way you have described, and I hope only to improve day to day. If I am a better person today, than I was yesterday. Then that is a success. I spent too much of my life being a self absorbed asshole.

Thank you again for your well worded, and well thought out response. Honestly I want people to live how you have described, through kindness, love, and compassion. Humans just get so caught up in the day to day that it can be hard to escape the spiral.
O fvck yes man it's a bitch.

I don't know if you've ever read it but I encourage any and everyone to read the big book of AA and work the 12 steps. EVERY HUMAN WALKING THIS EARTH has something in their life they could substitute in for the alcohol part and it holds true.

The 12 steps of AA are 99.99% about changing/facing the inner demons that twist our feeble human minds to mush, and really nothing about alcohol. You could insert living in the gym, or office, or eating sugar, etc etc.

As a hoodrat/redneck that grew up much like you described yourself, I never thought true happiness or selfworth was achievable.

Sure I'd get little spike in happy brain juice clowning the smart kids or "getting one over" on somebody but it was always superficial. Working through the 12 steps of AA TRUTHFULLY is the second hardest/most important thing I have ever done. A truly freeing and life changing event on par with fatherhood.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
O fvck yes man it's a bitch.

I don't know if you've ever read it but I encourage any and everyone to read the big book of AA and work the 12 steps. EVERY HUMAN WALKING THIS EARTH has something in their life they could substitute in for the alcohol part and it holds true.

The 12 steps of AA are 99.99% about changing/facing the inner demons that twist our feeble human minds to mush, and really nothing about alcohol. You could insert living in the gym, or office, or eating sugar, etc etc.

As a hoodrat/redneck that grew up much like you described yourself, I never thought true happiness or selfworth was achievable.

Sure I'd get little spike in happy brain juice clowning the smart kids or "getting one over" on somebody but it was always superficial. Working through the 12 steps of AA TRUTHFULLY is the second hardest/most important thing I have ever done. A truly freeing and life changing event on par with fatherhood.

You and I seem to have very similar life experiences, as I myself have went through the 12 Step program. There was a very dark time in my life, and I would say AA/therapy, along with becoming a parent really helped me change alot.

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
Uhhh...pump prices went up due to the Texas blizzard taking out 25% of the nation's refining capacity. Kind of a key figure there. Pump prices went up during Trump's early months too and were higher than today's prices during much of his first three years. And we didn't blame him. Nothing that Biden has done to-date has had a direct impact on the nearby price of fuel.
Are you sure those prices weren’t jumping before Texas???
pretty sure they were climbing after he nixed the pipeline

Reactions: skunkman

Dude122

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
When you promise free stuff for every Tom Dick And Harry I can see why, I had to work for my stuff.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Are you sure those prices weren’t jumping before Texas???
pretty sure they were climbing after he nixed the pipeline

The pipeline has absolutely nothing to do with current retail fuel prices. Nothing. It wouldn't have had a major impact on future prices once it was completed. We have half our wells currently capped off, so we aren't short of crude supplies. Fuel prices were higher than now at times during the Trump years, so are you willing to blame that on him or just chalk it up to remedial supply and demand type stuff?

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
Well over 60% now. People are really loving Joe! One of the most popular President in Decades! Once we've got Vaccine chips in folks arms and the Economy goes boom boom, he's probably gonna touch the 70s, easy! What a guy!

POS

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: jw.3 and nelsonj22

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
The pipeline has absolutely nothing to do with current retail fuel prices. Nothing. It wouldn't have had a major impact on future prices once it was completed. We have half our wells currently capped off, so we aren't short of crude supplies. Fuel prices were higher than now at times during the Trump years, so are you willing to blame that on him or just chalk it up to remedial supply and demand type stuff?
but the price is raising. biden buddy

ChristmasBOnus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
The oil industry is notorious for price increase even without logic, such as a stroke by sheik Abdulla Kabob, Well I'm looking at prices the have taken an INCREASE since he has stepped into office, now its possible they could decrease in his term at some point, but i would almost bet we will never see a decrease while the tax and spenders hold the office.
actually oil just took a big dip per barrel.

Reactions: nelsonj22

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
The oil industry is notorious for price increase even without logic, such as a stroke by sheik Abdulla Kabob, Well I'm looking at prices the have taken an INCREASE since he has stepped into office, now its possible they could decrease in his term at some point, but i would almost bet we will never see a decrease while the tax and spenders hold the office.
actually oil just took a big dip per barrel.

Oil prices also follow the stock market at times and it has been moving higher since October, when it was assumed by most in the business world that Biden would win. In part, because they knew a Biden team would work harder to get the Covid under control. Once it's under control, fuel usage should soar to pre-pandemic levels, thus the rally we've seen since fall.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
They're talking about it. They just haven't sprung their evil plan quite yet. Patience weedhopper.

I think the 1.9 trillion covid releif bill has way too much pork in it too. You're ok with all of it?

No we may want to buy some votes from the Republican senators. Wonder what they need in their state. LOL.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Oil prices also follow the stock market at times and it has been moving higher since October, when it was assumed by most in the business world that Biden would win. In part, because they knew a Biden team would work harder to get the Covid under control. Once it's under control, fuel usage should soar to pre-pandemic levels, thus the rally we've seen since fall.
Really since April

Reactions: IndyHusker

jja699

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2007
I’m more worried for 3 to 5 years from now. Four times the amount of stimulus now, than the financial crisis and used in a total different way. Inflation and a huge bubble brewing in the markets. They both have spent like crazy and not everything has to do with covid either.

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
10-12 hour days so far. Trump never put that many hours in over a week. Unless you include campaigning and tweeting as work.
Hey, it’s really not worth arguing about, because I want the country to kick ass during Biden’s presidency, but if his effort during the campaign was any indication, he’s not doing too much. jmho

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Hey, it’s really not worth arguing about, because I want the country to kick ass during Biden’s presidency, but if his effort during the campaign was any indication, he’s not doing too much. jmho

Given the Covid, there was no much more he could have done. He was trying to project responsibility versus what Trump was throwing out. It worked.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
I’m more worried for 3 to 5 years from now. Four times the amount of stimulus now, than the financial crisis and used in a total different way. Inflation and a huge bubble brewing in the markets. They both have spent like crazy and not everything has to do with covid either.

We'll start paying for all of this in some sort of manner. That's a given. The only question is when.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
could not be because has cut oil and gas, fracking, a pipeline. green new deal.

It could not be because he hasn't cut anything that affects current production. The ban on fracking is on new wells on federal land. That has no impact because we have hundreds of wells that are currently capped and can be brought back into production. We aren't anywhere close to a production shortage at this point. As for the pipeline, it was being built to bring Canadian tar sand crude to the Gulf, where it would either be shipped abroad or processed and likely shipped out as well. The tar sand crude is a significantly higher polluter and not easily transported due to its corrosive properties.