Biden's $1.9T COVID Relief Bill

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Here is what is in Biden's $1.9T COVID relief bill... I look forward to all the dummies who don't believe in government returning their direct payments and refusing your minimum wage increase, since I assume most of you that work could use a bump in pay at your Walmart gig to put some new tires on your trailer homes, but will refuse it out of principle.

• Direct payments of $1,400 to most Americans, bringing the total relief to $2,000 including December’s $600 payments
  • Increasing the federal, per-week unemployment benefit to $400 and extend it through the end of September
  • Increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour
  • Extending the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums until the end of September
  • $350 billion in state and local government aid
  • $170 billion for K-12 schools and institutions of higher education
  • $50 billion toward Covid-19 testing
  • $20 billion toward a national vaccine program in partnership with states, localities and tribes
  • Make the Child Tax Credit fully refundable for the year and increase the credit to $3,000 per child ($3,600 for a child under age 6)

mikecanale

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2010
Here is what is in Biden's $1.9T COVID relief bill... I look forward to all the dummies who don't believe in government returning their direct payments and refusing your minimum wage increase, since I assume most of you that work could use a bump in pay at your Walmart gig to put some new tires on your trailer homes, but will refuse it out of principle.

• Direct payments of $1,400 to most Americans, bringing the total relief to $2,000 including December’s $600 payments
  • Increasing the federal, per-week unemployment benefit to $400 and extend it through the end of September
  • $20 billion toward a national vaccine program in partnership with states, localities and tribes
  • Make the Child Tax Credit fully refundable for the year and increase the credit to $3,000 per child ($3,600 for a child under age 6)
Just the fact that he is proactive and has a plan, is in itself encouraging to me.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
National vaccine program is critical. The sooner we get to herd immunity, sooner economy gets back to normal. Up until this point, vaccine rollout has been a massive failure.
I would personally tie getting your check to you getting the vaccine.. See what the morons who are anti-vaccine prioritize. Bet they all get their shot

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009

Let's all cheer for hyper inflation and a worthless US dollar!

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016

• Direct payments of $1,400 to most Americans, bringing the total relief to $2,000 including December’s $600 payments - No don't do that
  • Increasing the federal, per-week unemployment benefit to $400 and extend it through the end of September -Good
  • Increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour - No don't do that, cost of living adjustments instead
  • Extending the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums until the end of September -Good
  • $350 billion in state and local government aid = Great
  • $170 billion for K-12 schools and institutions of higher education - Good
  • $50 billion toward Covid-19 testing - More
  • $20 billion toward a national vaccine program in partnership with states, localities and tribes - More
  • Make the Child Tax Credit fully refundable for the year and increase the credit to $3,000 per child ($3,600 for a child under age 6) - Hell yeah.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
$15/hour will absolutely obliterate small businesses in the Midwest. That PLUS inflation will make the unemployment numbers skyrocket. But oh well, 20% of the hourly wage workers get paid, the other 60% lose their jobs. And your $5 Taco Bell meal will now be a $11 box meal, and the $9 combo meal at McDonalds now becomes $15.

capt'n caveman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2007
Sounds good to me. Its weird hearing "conservatives" being against helping the people and complaining about the deficit..... although they were completely silent the last 4 years while trump spent at record levels to help the rich.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
$15/hour will absolutely obliterate small businesses in the Midwest. That PLUS inflation will make the unemployment numbers skyrocket. But oh well, 20% of the hourly wage workers get paid, the other 60% lose their jobs. And your $5 Taco Bell meal will now be a $11 box meal, and the $9 combo meal at McDonalds now becomes $15.
This has been proven many times to be false. We have one of the highest minimum wages in the nation of $16.69 an hour, when it got raised to that from the $12 range all the republicans said it would put small businesses out of business. Until COVID we had one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. You know what puts small businesses out of business..... not having a good plan for dealing with COVID and acting like its not a thing. That pretty much put all the small businesses out of business.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Also this fake news story has been around since slavery.. "we can't run our plantations if we have to pay people... we are just small farmers"

lifer56

Gold Member
May 3, 2005

Thank you for the run down.

It is so very encouraging to see relief for state/local/k-12, but guessing it's probably a fraction of what's needed.

BIG surprise, and unknown, is the $15 minimum wage increase . . . wonder if that's firm or kind of a bargaining chip. Because we can only guess how loudly Repubs are going to scream, moan and groan about it. (No matter how OVERDUE it actually is.)

Reactions: 94husker

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Thank you for the run down.

It is so very encouraging to see relief for state/local/k-12, but guessing it's probably a fraction of what's needed.

BIG surprise, and unknown, is the $15 minimum wage increase . . . wonder if that's firm or kind of a bargaining chip. Because we can only guess how loudly Repubs are going to scream, moan and groan about it. (No matter how OVERDUE it actually is.)
Guessing it is something they are willing to negotiate away to get the rest of it.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
The dollar has already lost value. We just recently printed 25% of the US money to ever exist in the last year. These things just do not happen over night.
The number is much larger than that I think. M1 is up like 65% since 2/2020.

EatsBugs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2010
1,400 hundred employees in my business. Every single one sacrificed this last year via salary cut, temp layoff, reduced hours, furlough.

Haven’t heard of a single state, local or federal employee who had to sacrifice a single thing and now we’re sending them hundreds of billions of dollars.

Good lord.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Live update from all Rich people around the country... "we can't afford this"
giphy.gif
ezgif-1-036616977700.gif
IdealisticMildErne-size_restricted.gif
source.gif

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Also this fake news story has been around since slavery.. "we can't run our plantations if we have to pay people... we are just small farmers"

Ok Matt you have no idea how a business works. I just spoke to 3 business owners that immediately just said if it happens all they are doing is raising the prices and everything is going to cost more. People like you seem to have no clue how that works.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Ok Matt you have no idea how a business works. I just spoke to 3 business owners that immediately just said if it happens all they are doing is raising the prices and everything is going to cost more. People like you seem to have no clue how that works.
Yea good story, I have a very successful business and pay people more than minimum wage.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Yea good story, I have a very successful business and pay people more than minimum wage.

Wow, I thought you keep telling people how smart you are.

#1 You live in Seattle which is more expensive than other areas.
#2 You pay more than the minimum wage- Give yourself a sticker. You now meet the standards of McDonalds.
#3 You realize forcing the minimum wage to $15 doesn't mean you are only impacting jobs at minimum wage. You think no one currently makes $13 non-minimum wage job? LOL yeah right on that business if you don't understand basic business concepts. No one believes you at all.
#4 All you accomplish, by mandating moving minimum jobs to $15 is all other jobs change salaries and all prices of various goods moves up. All you have done is piss people off as prices of goods are now odd amounts.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
1,400 hundred employees in my business. Every single one sacrificed this last year via salary cut, temp layoff, reduced hours, furlough.

Haven’t heard of a single state, local or federal employee who had to sacrifice a single thing and now we’re sending them hundreds of billions of dollars.

Good lord.
The State and Local aid is to cover budget short falls from taxes and state unemployment benefits. I didn’t see anything about their employees getting money.

EatsBugs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2010
The dollar has already lost value. We just recently printed 25% of the US money to ever exist in the last year. These things just do not happen over night.
Yep. About 5 out of the 535 members of Congress understand basic economics.

This era of easy money, money printing stimulus going to end very badly. Gonna be a lot history books written about this era.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
This has been proven many times to be false. We have one of the highest minimum wages in the nation of $16.69 an hour, when it got raised to that from the $12 range all the republicans said it would put small businesses out of business. Until COVID we had one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. You know what puts small businesses out of business..... not having a good plan for dealing with COVID and acting like its not a thing. That pretty much put all the small businesses out of business.
There is a big difference between what works in the northwest then in Omaha and Lincoln.

I'm not as doom and gloom about it and if they do it, they should do it in phases, but it will effect the Midwest way more than the coast

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Wow, I thought you keep telling people how smart you are.

#1 You live in Seattle which is more expensive than other areas.
#2 You pay more than the minimum wage- Give yourself a sticker. You now meet the standards of McDonalds.
#3 You realize forcing the minimum wage to $15 doesn't mean you are only impacting jobs at minimum wage. You think no one currently makes $13 non-minimum wage job? LOL yeah right on that business if you don't understand basic business concepts. No one believes you at all.
#4 All you accomplish, by mandating moving minimum jobs to $15 is all other jobs change salaries and all prices of various goods moves up. All you have done is piss people off as prices of goods are now odd amounts.
Show me the proof. I have yet to see the doomsday you predict happen from minimum wage increases. Or you can keep pumping up that fake news "we can't pay our slaves or we will go out of business" Sorry that your have to pay $0.10 more for your taco at taco bell.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
There is a big difference between what works in the northwest then in Omaha and Lincoln.

I'm not as doom and gloom about it and if they do it, they should do it in phases, but it will effect the Midwest way more than the coast
Yea you are right there is a difference, people here believe in giving people a livable wage. I mean is it asking too much for someone to make a minimum of $31,200 a year working full time? I couldn't live off that, not sure why you expect others to live off of less?

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Show me the proof. I have yet to see the doomsday you predict happen from minimum wage increases. Or you can keep pumping up that fake news "we can't pay our slaves or we will go out of business" Sorry that your have to pay $0.10 more for your taco at taco bell.

Here is directly from your own pit of doom Seattle since you don't like links.

"Studies of the effects of the Seattle wage hike have had different findings: A 2017 University of Washington study found that while wages went up, hours worked declined, resulting in less pay for low-wage workers."

“Wages are going up, the price of food is going up, [and] my property taxes that I have to pay the landlord are going up. My rent is going up for my staff, or staff that was here feels like, ‘Well I can’t be in the city anymore, so you have to find someone to replace me,’” he said. “That’s really hard. The cost of that, just working through that as a business owner, is going up.”

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yep. About 5 out of the 535 members of Congress understand basic economics.

This era of easy money, money printing stimulus going to end very badly. Gonna be a lot history books written about this era.
Tell me more, what's gonna happen?

Reactions: nelsonj22

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Yea you are right there is a difference, people here believe in giving people a livable wage. I mean is it asking too much for someone to make a minimum of $31,200 a year working full time? I couldn't live off that, not sure why you expect others to live off of less?

LOL, A "business owner" thinks the difference between Seattle and Omaha/Lincoln is Seattle has a "living wage". There is NO difference in cost whatsoever in living in the cities RollingLaugh

EatsBugs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2010
How much inflation did the prior two stimulus cause? How was the $ impacted?
Value of dollar since stimulus started. There is no free lunch in economics. This bill will accelerate it....