Biden wants them all

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
I'm devastated Indy, because ^^^ completes you're transformation to aging hippy liberal douche. Blaming the USA for other countries problems and legalizing drugs. You have completely given yourself to the dark side man!
You may have noticed I'm not Indy... You can tell by the different screen names.

The USA is to blame for the massive amount of profit available to drug cartels. It's US money. They are being sold in the US. How are we not to blame?

EIther we need to completely shut down the drug trade (which we cannot do... we have 40 years of evidence to that effect) or we do something different. Drug use in Portugal is down since they started treating drug addiction as a disease and not a crime.

I know, I know, expecting you to actually learn something by reading up on a topic and thinking critically about it is asking an awful lot, but maybe you ought to consider it.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
You may have noticed I'm not Indy... You can tell by the different screen names.

The USA is to blame for the massive amount of profit available to drug cartels. It's US money. They are being sold in the US. How are we not to blame?

EIther we need to completely shut down the drug trade (which we cannot do... we have 40 years of evidence to that effect) or we do something different. Drug use in Portugal is down since they started treating drug addiction as a disease and not a crime.

I know, I know, expecting you to actually learn something by reading up on a topic and thinking critically about it is asking an awful lot, but maybe you ought to consider it.

I would be for enforcement only on the real bad stuff. You are really for having heroin, meth, and fentanyl around in the open?

FYI ,the cartel profits are more than doubled now due to human smuggling. The big increase you can give credit to Joey B.

Last edited:

unl'skers5

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2007
On what do you base you're opinion that she's a "very smart lady"? She's comes off to me as dumber than a door stop for God's sake based on what she says in public. It's funnier then hell how Biden broadsided her by announcing that she was now in charge of the border, something she denied 3 days later because she has no clue about what to do at the border (i.e. no one is in charge of the border). She's too busy redecorating of the VP mansion.

She went to law school at the University of California Hastings College of Law through its Legal Education Opportunity Program (not exactly like getting into Harvard on your own merit). She got her break in Politics slumming with Willie Brown; twice her age, no Denzel Washington in the looks department, but had one thing she wanted, political power. She is a complete joke!

Another thing, the Dims lost seats in the House in 2020, when your nemesis was still President. What makes you think they're going to do better in an election in 2022 where the party not in the White House almost always loses a bunch of seats? Oh, I forgot, ELECTION REFORM!

Don’t forget she didn’t understand anything about how taxes work.

She tweeted that under Trumps tax law changes the average tax refund went down, like it was a bad thing. She didn’t understand refunds went down because people were paying less in federal taxes. The entire point of the tax law change.

She’s a doorknob. I’ve met smarter kids.

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
I would be for enforcement only on the real bad stuff. You are really for having heroine, meth, and fentanyl around in the open?

FYI ,the cartel profits are more than doubled now due to human smuggling. The big increase you can give credit to Joey B.
First, I'm not a fan of heroin, meth, fentanyl being used by people, but the fact is that they are being used by people. And out in the open. Are you seriously saying that they are not, because we have a massive drug problem in this country, and addicts are not shy about where they use.

I think addicts would be far healthier if they had access to pharaceutical grade drugs for which they knew the dose they were getting (many overdoses on fentanyl laced heroin are due to the user not understanding the dose; I have a friend who OD'd and died from it; she had been a user for 10 years, and I have to believe that she got something way stronger than she expected, no way she would have OD'd otherwise). Many of the health problems from meth are caused by the impure chemicals used to make it from Sudafed. If it was pure meth made from clean pharamaceutical grade chemicals, it wouldn't be so hard on people's bodies.

I get it. The idea of just letting people use drugs is counterintuitive. But people get their drugs already. They are incredibly easy to get. They are effectively legal already. All that the War on Drugs does is fund cartels.

Second, you're saying that the cartels have doubled their profits from human smuggling in 2 months and are blaming it all on Biden. In 2 months. Come on, seriously?

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
Don’t forget she didn’t understand anything about how taxes work.

She tweeted that under Trumps tax law changes the average tax refund went down, like it was a bad thing. She didn’t understand refunds went down because people were paying less in federal taxes. The entire point of the tax law change.

She’s a doorknob. I’ve met smarter kids.
Refunds did go down, and not because everyone paid less. Capping the deductions for state and local taxes caused some people's taxes to go up. I know a lot of people that had their taxes go up and get lower refunds. So... who is the doorknob? Who is dumber than a child? Hmm.

Reactions: philosophusker

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
First, I'm not a fan of heroin, meth, fentanyl being used by people, but the fact is that they are being used by people. And out in the open. Are you seriously saying that they are not, because we have a massive drug problem in this country, and addicts are not shy about where they use.

I think addicts would be far healthier if they had access to pharaceutical grade drugs for which they knew the dose they were getting (many overdoses on fentanyl laced heroin are due to the user not understanding the dose; I have a friend who OD'd and died from it; she had been a user for 10 years, and I have to believe that she got something way stronger than she expected, no way she would have OD'd otherwise). Many of the health problems from meth are caused by the impure chemicals used to make it from Sudafed. If it was pure meth made from clean pharamaceutical grade chemicals, it wouldn't be so hard on people's bodies.

I get it. The idea of just letting people use drugs is counterintuitive. But people get their drugs already. They are incredibly easy to get. They are effectively legal already. All that the War on Drugs does is fund cartels.

Second, you're saying that the cartels have doubled their profits from human smuggling in 2 months and are blaming it all on Biden. In 2 months. Come on, seriously?

Yes I am completely blaming it on Biden.

Human smuggling last year was massively stopped and in general illegal entry was down big time. The reason is the excellent policy where Mexico would stop them from entering the U.S. and they would force them to stay in camps in Mexico. That completely deterred later people from coming here. This is not a guess and this is well known.

Joe made is very well known what his policies were when running for President. People in Latin American were hoping Biden would win as then they would start migrations here. Joe advertised it.

What do you think his immigration order on day one had to do with?

ICE agents are blaming one person

The President of Mexico is blaming one administration

The Union of the Border Patrol agents is blaming one person

Migrants walking across the border being interviewed are naming Biden why they are coming.

Cartels are laughing at the border and saying you can't do anything as Biden well let them in.

How are you not seeing this?

unl'skers5

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2007
Refunds did go down, and not because everyone paid less. Capping the deductions for state and local taxes caused some people's taxes to go up. I know a lot of people that had their taxes go up and get lower refunds. So... who is the doorknob? Who is dumber than a child? Hmm.

You are, apparently,

Do you seriously think the majority of people who were impacted by the cap on state, local property tax at $10k get refunds regularly? 😂

My property tax bill on primary residence is like $8k and I don’t get a refund. I pay tens of thousands in every year—just like the majority who were impacted by that.

BOBEBASS

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2001
What I’m hearing is poor and starving kids should be accepted into the country from south of the border. Why not offer all children in the world a free ticket to America. That sounds fair as long as we give them money and health care so they do not end up homeless on the street in California.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
On what do you base you're opinion that she's a "very smart lady"? She's comes off to me as dumber than a door stop for God's sake based on what she says in public. It's funnier then hell how Biden broadsided her by announcing that she was now in charge of the border, something she denied 3 days later because she has no clue about what to do at the border (i.e. no one is in charge of the border). She's too busy redecorating of the VP mansion.

She went to law school at the University of California Hastings College of Law through its Legal Education Opportunity Program (not exactly like getting into Harvard on your own merit). She got her break in Politics slumming with Willie Brown; twice her age, no Denzel Washington in the looks department, but had one thing she wanted, political power. She is a complete joke!

Another thing, the Dims lost seats in the House in 2020, when your nemesis was still President. What makes you think they're going to do better in an election in 2022 where the party not in the White House almost always loses a bunch of seats? Oh, I forgot, ELECTION REFORM!

The Repubs became a complete shit show after the election and it likely won’t end in the next two years. And Harris is a smart lady. Especially measured on the curve against the current top Republicans. Not close.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
I'm devastated Indy, because ^^^ completes you're transformation to aging hippy liberal douche. Blaming the USA for other countries problems and legalizing drugs. You have completely given yourself to the dark side man!

You should probably quote the right person here rg. And don’t stoop to the name calling. You’re better than this.

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Every tax bracket saved tax. Your anecdotal some people's tax increased point is silly.

Reactions: sklarbodds

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
A very very very small percentage had their overall taxes go up. Like 3-4%.

Generally (and overwhelmingly) pretty much everyone got a tax break

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
You are, apparently,

Do you seriously think the majority of people who were impacted by the cap on state, local property tax at $10k get refunds regularly? 😂

My property tax bill on primary residence is like $8k and I don’t get a refund. I pay tens of thousands in every year—just like the majority who were impacted by that.
If you live in a high state income tax state, you got shafted by Trump's tax bill. I know a bunch of people that got screwed by it. Sure, maybe it's anecdotal, but I live in a high income tax/property tax state and I lost deductions because of Trump's tax bill. I have multiple co-workers who lost deductions on it. Maybe the difference is that I live in one of those high state tax states that the Republicans intended to fvck over with that law?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
If you live in a high state income tax state, you got shafted by Trump's tax bill. I know a bunch of people that got screwed by it. Sure, maybe it's anecdotal, but I live in a high income tax/property tax state and I lost deductions because of Trump's tax bill. I have multiple co-workers who lost deductions on it. Maybe the difference is that I live in one of those high state tax states that the Republicans intended to fvck over with that law?
it is anecdotal and irrelevant to the general conversation about the effect of the tax cuts

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
Yes I am completely blaming it on Biden.

Human smuggling last year was massively stopped and in general illegal entry was down big time. The reason is the excellent policy where Mexico would stop them from entering the U.S. and they would force them to stay in camps in Mexico. That completely deterred later people from coming here. This is not a guess and this is well known.

Joe made is very well known what his policies were when running for President. People in Latin American were hoping Biden would win as then they would start migrations here. Joe advertised it.

What do you think his immigration order on day one had to do with?

ICE agents are blaming one person

The President of Mexico is blaming one administration

The Union of the Border Patrol agents is blaming one person

Migrants walking across the border being interviewed are naming Biden why they are coming.

Cartels are laughing at the border and saying you can't do anything as Biden well let them in.

How are you not seeing this?
Basically, Trump fvcked everything up, and now Biden has a shit sandwich in front of him, and it's Biden's fault, according to you.

"Trump closed the border to most migrants because of the pandemic, and Mayorkas emphasizes that many migrants are still turned back under that policy. But now there are some exceptions: Migrant children are being allowed into the U.S., as are some asylum-seekers who had been enrolled in Remain in Mexico.

Biden administration officials contend they've inherited a difficult situation with no easy answers.

"It is taking time, and it is difficult," Mayorkas said Sunday in an interview on CNN's State of the Union. "There was a system in place, in both Republican and Democratic administrations, that was torn down during the Trump administration. And that is why the challenge is more acute than it ever has been before."

This is not the first surge of migrant children arriving at the southern border. The same thing happened under Trump and former President Barack Obama, too. And in many ways, the current bottleneck was predictable.

The Trump administration dramatically reduced the size of the HHS shelter system, and immigrant advocates say the administration scared away relatives and parents in the U.S. — many of whom are undocumented — from coming forward to care for the children.

Contrary to longstanding practice, the Trump administration began to share information about potential sponsors for migrant children with immigration authorities. The Biden administration only recently reversed that policy."

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
No. Tax was still saved by the vast majority even in high imcome tax states. The reason it's the vast majority is because a lot of times the people that lost deductions also lost alternative mininum tax so they paid less tax even though they "lost" deductions. most didn't lose deductions. The ones that lost deductions and weren't subject to AMT was a very small percentage.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
You should probably quote the right person here rg. And don’t stoop to the name calling. You’re better than this.
Ok, I stand corrected. Stevehammer is the Aging hippy liberal douche (pun from Southpark where Bill O'Rielly was interviewing the generic people on "both" sides of an issue). The guy on the other side was called pissed off white trash redneck conservative. Just a joke, please don't take that seriously. Check it out, it's pretty funny.

Last edited:

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
The Repubs became a complete shit show after the election and it likely won’t end in the next two years. And Harris is a smart lady. Especially measured on the curve against the current top Republicans. Not close.
Smart on the curve? OK, I guess she's handling that mansion remodel well! Literally, there isn't one current Republican Senator who isn't smarter than the current VP. Come on Indy, you know as well as I do that she'll do nothing as VP. She doesn't even have any say in the current administration. Susan Rice (Obama) is running the country and making it easy for the Republicans to win in 2022.

Reactions: unl'skers5

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Smart on the curve? OK, I guess she's handling that mansion remodel well! Literally, there isn't one current Republican Senator who isn't smarter than the current VP. Come on Indy, you know as well as I do that she'll do nothing as VP. She doesn't even have any say in the current administration. Susan Rice (Obama) is running the country and making it easy for the Republicans to win in 2022.

We shall see. You’re certainly due to have one of your political predictions come true. It’s been a rough four years for ya. 😉

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
We shall see. You’re certainly due to have one of your political predictions come true. It’s been a rough four years for ya. 😉
I'm curious, what have I predicted other than I thought that Trump would have won?

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Just more proof this is all being blown out of proportion. This has been a "hot button" issue for decades and will continue to be. People blaming Biden, or Trump, or Obama for the immigration "crisis" are full of shit.

This!

Id sure like to see us handle it better but to put it on Trump/Biden /Obama is just idiotic partisan shit slinging

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006

This guy sounds about right.
Just more proof this is all being blown out of proportion. This has been a "hot button" issue for decades and will continue to be. People blaming Biden, or Trump, or Obama for the immigration "crisis" are full of shit.
This!

Id sure like to see us handle it better but to put it on Trump/Biden /Obama is just idiotic partisan shit slinging
I've been alive for over 40 years...

It's the same problem and the politicians say the same thing and they all do nothing.

I suspect when I'm 80 this will still be true.

Nobody actually wants to really solve this.

Reactions: OneBadHuskerFan

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I wish people would come to this realization while the guy they don't like is in office. Any chance you make that same post if Trump was president?

Mistakes can be made. I do think the impression this administration giving off is that kids will be accepted with open arms does contribute to the issue. Having said that the most difficult part of immigration is being safe vs being reasonably moral. Lot tougher decision with kids.

OneBadHuskerFan

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Austin, TX
I wish people would come to this realization while the guy they don't like is in office. Any chance you make that same post if Trump was president?

Of course. There are TONS of things I can lay on Trump, but the immigration "crisis" isn't one of them.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
My memory appears to be perfectly good. That article clearly talks about the separation of children at the beginning.

It also clearly says that "Michelle Obama assailed President Donald Trump on Monday for ripping migrant children from their parents and throwing them into cages, picking up on a frequent and distorted point made widely by Democrats. And that "the reference to cages is misleading and a matter that Democrats have persistently distorted."

You claimed that the issue with Trump was only the separation of children from their parents.

If you can't see the distinction maybe your ability to absorb information from the written word just isn't very good. I guess that would explain most of your other posts on here. You can't fix stupid, can you?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerCK

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
It also clearly says that that the reference to cages is misleading and a matter that Democrats have persistently distorted.

You claimed that the issue with Trump was only the separation of children from their parents.

If you can't see the distinction maybe your ability to absorb information from the written word just isn't very good. I guess that would explain most of your other posts on here. You can't fix stupid, can you?

I never mentioned cages at all, so I don’t see your point. The main jab against Trump was the separation of children from their parents, which that article backed up. And why can’t some of you people participate in civil debate without the personal shots?

• Haha

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
ie.....liberalism!!
I am pretty sure the Republican party is the party that has historically said* they wanted smaller government and wants the government to stay out of your business.

Unless you are talking about drugs of course. Or abortion. Or giving people waiting in line to vote some pizza.

*They were lying.

• Haha

Dude122

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
The Republicans are try to stress the border activity, because that is a problem that is going to take a while to fix. Most people in the country are not to concerned about it. The pandemic has peoples focus as we work to get things back to normal. Also the Republicans are concentrating on voter suppression bills across the country.
Have you made that call to the boarder patrol yet, And help house some of the kids?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Have you made that call to the boarder patrol yet, And help house some of the kids?
I hope there's literally a patrol that rides around on snow boards (and maybe skateboards in the summer)... And they're actually called "boarder patrol"