Biden plans to replace the US government's fleet of 650,000 vehicles with electric models

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Not only is he making the change to electric but he is also increasing the standards for a vehicle to be called made in America so that more components must be produced in the US than the current 50% to be called Made in America. This will create 1 million new high paying jobs. Look at Biden making America great again and bringing jobs back to the US... I am sure you traitors will have nothing but complaints about it.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Lol. Ok. And government employees don’t mind sitting at a charging station for an hour milking the clock when they roam outside the range of their batteries. Not to mention the extraordinary cost of replacing the entire fleet and also all the infrastructure required to charge these things.
But spending other people’s money is what the government prides itself on, yet guys like you cheer for your money to be wasted on things like this.

Reactions: throwin bones50

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Lol. Ok. And government employees don’t mind sitting at a charging station for an hour milking the clock when they roam outside the range of their batteries. Not to mention the extraordinary cost of replacing the entire fleet and also all the infrastructure required to charge these things.
But spending other people’s money is what the government prides itself on, yet guys like you cheer for your money to be wasted on things like this.
Doubt most government employees will be driving more than 300 miles a day so don't think many will be sitting around at charging stations doing nothing. Also fleet vehicles get replaced all the time, its not like the government is cruising around in vehicles from the 1970s. Rather than replacing a vehicle that is scheduled to be replaced with a gas powered vehicle, it will be replaced with an electric vehicle. They are not just going to change them all out overnight. So there is not going to be much more cost. It will actually save the government money because they will no longer be paying for fuel. So your fox news anger seems to be unwarranted. Take your chill pills, Biden will be saving you some money with this program.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
And government employees don’t mind sitting at a charging station for an hour milking the clock when they roam outside the range of their batteries.
When would they ever do that? with 250-400 mile range that would cover 99.99% of govt employee daily driving.

Not to mention the extraordinary cost of replacing the entire fleet
What? You realize the govt buys brand new vehicles ALL the time right? Gaurenttee the cost of a tesla and the govt sedans isn't that much different.

Not to mention the extraordinary cost of replacing the entire fleet and also all the infrastructure required to charge these things.

Such as? Run them off of 3 phase power that 99.9% of commercial buildings are supplied by and the only "major" cost is the end Line charging device. A 90 amp 120v load is same as 22amps on 480.

Edit: The end line charging device is built into the tesla so just need a whip, a little wire, outside disconnect, and a breaker.

Last edited:

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Doubt most government employees will be driving more than 300 miles a day so don't think many will be sitting around at charging stations doing nothing. Also fleet vehicles get replaced all the time, its not like the government is cruising around in vehicles from the 1970s. Rather than replacing a vehicle that is scheduled to be replaced with a gas powered vehicle, it will be replaced with an electric vehicle. They are not just going to change them all out overnight. So there is not going to be much more cost. It will actually save the government money because they will no longer be paying for fuel. So your fox news anger seems to be unwarranted. Take your chill pills, Biden will be saving you some money with this program.
Electric vehicles cost more upfront than the gas vehicles. The range on this year’s Tesla models is about 200-250 miles. Government vehicles are used for all sorts of things, including driving long distances, so there will be requirements for waiting for “fill ups” similar to the 5-minute gas and go of a regular vehicle.
And I know the government replaces their vehicles more often than the average American or average company, so this refresh period will be expensive and in my opinion, wasteful.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Electric vehicles cost more upfront than the gas vehicles. The range on this year’s Tesla models is about 200-250 miles. Government vehicles are used for all sorts of things, including driving long distances, so there will be requirements for waiting for “fill ups” similar to the 5-minute gas and go of a regular vehicle.
And I know the government replaces their vehicles more often than the average American or average company, so this refresh period will be expensive and in my opinion, wasteful.
The base Model 3 has a range of 263 miles. IMO, a mail truck with constant stop and go and the benefits of regenerative braking are ideal for hybrid/electric usage. Not to mention, the current mail trucks get 10mpg with theirs 70s engine technology.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
When would they ever do that? with 250-400 mile range that would cover 99.99% of govt employee daily driving.

What? You realize the govt buys brand new vehicles ALL the time right? Gaurenttee the cost of a tesla and the govt sedans isn't that much.

Such as? Run them off of 3 phase power that 99.9% of commercial buildings are supplied by and the only "major" cost is the end Line charging device. A 90 amp 120v load is same as 22amps on 480.
You’re giving these electric cars too much credit. No electric car goes 400 miles on a single charge. Newest Tesla’s get about 200 real world miles.
As far as charging stations, yeah, you’ll have to not only run new lines, but also purchase the equipment to “plug in” the cars. And knowing the government, they will also have to run electricity to places out in the middle of nowhere in order to setup charging stations where there currently is none. For you to doubt the government will be spending big bucks on this initiative is your bias for Biden showing through.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
You’re giving these electric cars too much credit. No electric car goes 400 miles on a single charge. Newest Tesla’s get about 200 real world miles.
As far as charging stations, yeah, you’ll have to not only run new lines, but also purchase the equipment to “plug in” the cars. And knowing the government, they will also have to run electricity to places out in the middle of nowhere in order to setup charging stations where there currently is none. For you to doubt the government will be spending big bucks on this initiative is your bias for Biden showing through.
You’re wrong. My good buddy has a Model S and it gets very close to advertised mileage. The current S gets over 400 on a charge.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
His last winning season he was riding a bike 🙃
So the greener we go the better we play 🤔

Quick tell HCSF he needs to start jogging everywhere and bottling his farts for the methane furnace. #21'Natty

Last edited:
Reactions: cornheader

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
You realize the chargers are built into the cars right we are talking a couple of electrical whips.

What % of government workers drive over 100 miles a day? Let alone 200 miles?

Cops only avg 50-100

No bias I support government development for the betterment of rural communities. Without it we wouldn't have shit out here where I live, like no electricity. Yes there will be waste but jumping into the future is better than being dragged into it.

Reactions: cavalot

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
You realize the chargers ard built into the cars right we are talking a couple of electrical whips.

What % of government workers drive over 100 miles a day? Let alone 200 miles?

Cops only avg 50-100
Cops are funded by cities. Federal cars are for federal workers. Their jurisdiction isn’t the 10 square miles of the city, but the thousands of square miles of their territory. FBI guys investigating a case in BFE have to drive to do their investigation. I don’t know the percentage, but it’s not like comparing it to a local police officer.

Reactions: nelsonj22

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Not only is he making the change to electric but he is also increasing the standards for a vehicle to be called made in America so that more components must be produced in the US than the current 50% to be called Made in America. This will create 1 million new high paying jobs. Look at Biden making America great again and bringing jobs back to the US... I am sure you traitors will have nothing but complaints about it.

America first!

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Cops are funded by cities. Federal cars are for federal workers. Their jurisdiction isn’t the 10 square miles of the city, but the thousands of square miles of their territory. FBI guys investigating a case in BFE have to drive to do their investigation. I don’t know the percentage, but it’s not like comparing it to a local police officer.
Yes those people will drive a sit ton but IMO those would be a slim minority of federal vehicles.

Again don't know why you are resisting the future so hard. Change is coming, better to grab the ball and go than cower in fear like our beloved husker O 🥺

• Love
Reactions: H2Oman

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Could someone tell me where an electric fueling station is at? I drive all over and haven’t as of yet seen 1
$200 and I'll put one in your house but "you installed" it 😉 but so far I think there is one in treynor and one behind BDubbs in that new shopping area in CB.

Reactions: Hardlyboy

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
$200 and I'll put on in your house but "you installed" it 😉 but so far I think there is one in treynor and one behind BDubbs in that new shopping area in CB.
Yup, I used to work near that BDubbs and there were usually a couple Tesla’s filling up over lunch.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Also @Oldschool1964 when graphine super capacitors replace current battery tech prices will plummet, power increased, and charging times of minutes not hours.

When that happens oil is dead for energy usage. The oil market will collapse but oil will still be needed for a very very long time for other uses.

Reactions: dsmalls3 and H2Oman

H2Oman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
Also @Oldschool1964 when graphine super capacitors replace current battery tech prices will plummet, power increased, and charging times of minutes not hours.

When that happens oil is dead for energy usage. The oil market will collapse but oil will still be needed for a very very long time for other uses.
Not to mention for old timers like Oldschool who can sit in his shop, run his big 454 and dream about the good old days when America Was Great Again. Essentially, Oldschool will be equal to today's teenage girl who are the only ones still riding horses. Sad really.

• Haha
Reactions: sklarbodds

H2Oman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
You'd think some people in this thread would be embarrassed to be so backward thinking as to be behind the government.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
LOL thanks but no thanks. I’m looking for a new F150
I want the telsa truck and only for soon to be self driving me to colorado/Montana/ect over night while I sleep, and I would beable to drive the old fart right to the deer stand while being "stealthy" 🤣

Reactions: sklarbodds

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
And so freaking quiet. That's what I love.
It freaked me out the first time, like skin crawl, fight or flight activated freaked out lol

This old dude took me to lunch while I was installing his geo unit. The feeling of that much torque with zero motor noise took about 1.5-2 seconds to figure out.

It was freaky in that 1.5-2 seconds tho of "wtf is wrong" lol

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
I want the telsa truck and only for soon to be self driving me to colorado/Montana/ect over night while I sleep, and I would beable to drive the old fart right to the deer stand while being "stealthy" 🤣
I'm looking into it, would make an absolute baller ski mobile