Biden adm allows completion of Russian pipeline

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Ben Sasse’s comment is exactly on point. And if this was done by Trump it would be a media story for a week and the Democrats would be calling for a special counsel to investigate. And should we discuss how this natural gas pipeline undercuts Biden’s green objectives. This seems to run against so many of Biden’s talking points it’s no wonder the main stream media will not report on it.
Sasses comments are below the advertisement. You have to scroll all the way thru.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
CJth.gif

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Surely you know the difference between filthy tar sands oil and natural gas, correct? Sounds like Germany begged us for the pipeline and now owes a massive favor.

Reactions: zar45

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Nice rationalization.
You want to get upset over something with no knowledge of the details? At this point we only have this reasoning from the source article -

“The decision indicates the Biden administration is not willing to compromise its relationship with Germany over this pipeline”

Turning a favor for an ally into a scandal. Weird.
Yeah it sucks the source is Russia but I have no further knowledge of the negotiations.

auski

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
You want to get upset over something with no knowledge of the details? At this point we only have this reasoning from the source article -

“The decision indicates the Biden administration is not willing to compromise its relationship with Germany over this pipeline”

Turning a favor for an ally into a scandal. Weird.
Yeah it sucks the source is Russia but I have no further knowledge of the negotiations.
Nice deflection.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerCK and lipem

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
if this was done by Trump it would be a media story for a week and the Democrats would be calling for a special counsel to investigate.

Context matters:

"(U) It is our conclusion, based on the facts detailed in the Committee's Report, that the Russian intelligence services' assault on the integrity of the 2016 U.S. electoral process and Trump and his associates' participation in and enabling of this Russian activity, represents one of the single most grave counterintelligence threats to American national security in the modem era. " -R-Rubio, Marco (FL), R-Chairman; Burr, Richard (NC); R-Risch, James E. (ID); R-Collins, Susan M. (ME); R-Blunt, Roy (MO); R-Cotton, Tom (AR); R-Cornyn, John (TX); R-Sasse, Ben (NE); R-McConnell, Mitch (KY), Ex Officio; R-Inhofe, James M. (OK), Ex Officio

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Surely you know the difference between filthy tar sands oil and natural gas, correct? Sounds like Germany begged us for the pipeline and now owes a massive favor.
We’ve had troops stationed in Germany since WW2. This has allowed Germany to spend next to nothing for their own defense while we have pumped millions of $ into the German economy. They owe us much more than one massive favor. And what we get from Merkel is attitude.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Surely you know the difference between getting natural gas from an ally or neutral country vs an arch-enemy correct? You seem new to how this works. This is exactly what Trump was talking about.

No option from Norway? Germany didn't even try here.https://www.worldstopexports.com/petroleum-gas-exports-country/

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerCK

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Context matters:

"(U) It is our conclusion, based on the facts detailed in the Committee's Report, that the Russian intelligence services' assault on the integrity of the 2016 U.S. electoral process and Trump and his associates' participation in and enabling of this Russian activity, represents one of the single most grave counterintelligence threats to American national security in the modem era. " -R-Rubio, Marco (FL), R-Chairman; Burr, Richard (NC); R-Risch, James E. (ID); R-Collins, Susan M. (ME); R-Blunt, Roy (MO); R-Cotton, Tom (AR); R-Cornyn, John (TX); R-Sasse, Ben (NE); R-McConnell, Mitch (KY), Ex Officio; R-Inhofe, James M. (OK), Ex Officio

Right. If Biden had a shady history with Russians, multiple meetings with the Russians during the campaign, participated in Russian influence operations that helped him win, and if the Senate Dem's came out with a report calling him out on that; then it would be equal and hypocritical.

There is no equivalency to this situation. But Sasse knew people wouldn't think for themselves and it would give him some good pr with maga.

Reactions: 94husker and zar45

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Right. If Biden had a shady history with Russians, multiple meetings with the Russians during the campaign, participated in Russian influence operations that helped him win, and if the Senate Dem's came out with a report calling him out on that; then it would be equal and hypocritical.

There is no equivalency to this situation. But Sasse knew people wouldn't think for themselves and it would give him some good pr with maga.
LOL hilariously he DOES!! The Ukrainians who hired Hunter who do you think they were a puppet of? Just not during the campaign. Even worse while he was VP.

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
LOL hilariously he DOES!! The Ukrainians who hired Hunter who do you think they were a puppet of? Just not during the campaign. Even worse while he was VP.
Ukraine is Russia? Again, if Senate Dem's and Rep's concluded he did all of that, I would agree. But they haven't because they live in the real world.

Reactions: 94husker

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Ukraine is Russia? Again, if Senate Dem's and Rep's concluded he did all of that, I would agree. But they haven't because they live in the real world.
Do you get how a puppet government works? Russia controlled Ukraine and did their bidding. That puppet leader now lives in Russia.

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Wait a minute..... I thought putin and Russia was our friend???????
I wanted to add to my original post that someone should check Hunters bank statements.

Just saying we have a complex multi-layered relationship with Germany but I would not refer to them as our friend. Ally yes, friend not so much. Germany does what’s in Germany’s interest.

pretty interesting we Biden is ok with cancelling Keystone and upsetting Canada but doesn’t want to upset Germany. It’s ok for Russia to drill, and frac, and produce gas to supply Germany but he puts a moratorium on drilling permits on federal leases and fracking on federal lands and leasing federal onshore and off shore. A Hypocritical position at the very least.

Last edited:
Reactions: auski

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Sasse's comments were intelligent...then the put this dumbass next...geebus he's a moron:

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
You miss the point. Biden is apparently fine with Russian drilling, fracking and producing new wells but, has stopped the drilling and fracking of new wells on federal leases. And halted new leasing of federal lands. This would seem to fly in the face of his environmental agenda and he is making this concessions for a person he,Biden, called a killer. I believed Biden when he call Putin a killer and I believe Biden was sincere in his reasons for canceling Keystone,. So why is he reversing course now? Is there a quid pro quo? Or is this just Democratic politics as usual. Whatever it stinks of mendacity