ADVERTISEMENT

Bianchi: No doubt about it, Scott Frost regrets leaving UCF for Nebraska

Jul 10, 2018
Here is our laugh for the day.....Laughing

Orlando Sentinel:

The questions have been asked a zillion times over the last couple of weeks regarding Scott Frost and his decision last season to leave UCF for Nebraska?

• Do you think he regrets it?
  • Do you think he is having second thoughts?
  • Do you think if he had it to do over again, he would still take the Nebraska job?
Yes.

Yes.

And yes.

Of course, he regrets it and is having second thoughts. Who wouldn’t? Such psychological mind games are only natural when you leave a place you love and a team you turned into a national power to take over a struggling, dilapidated program elsewhere — even if it is your alma mater.

Article and Video at link:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-cornhuskers-nebraska-20180924-story,amp.html

Reactions: rphusker
National power? UCF? They were good, but far from a national power. Add in the loss of Milton, bang goes any relevancy they had now and in the future.

U Can't Football well for long......commuter school, with part time fans.....only if winning, and nothing else is going on! No real history, for such a talent rich environment.....didn't Disney raise prices? tell me about the top 20 restaurants in the county. Best golf courses for regular hacks on a budget? We don't need local click bait......give me a reason to buy that fish wrap!

Reactions: GoBluePureMichigan
Life is a series of choices, no different for Frost than for you or I. Rarely are the choices black and white and often you wonder "what if?" later on. I absolutely disagree that at any time Frost has said to himself, "I really regret taking the Nebraska job." And right now....??? He is ecstatic to be at NU.

I think the average Nebraska fan respects UCF and watches their games, I know I do. I really hope they somehow end up in a better conference because right now the people that make the decisions (read: ESPN) essentially laughs at your level of competition.

hey all, Bear (on Game Day) just picked UCF to win and cover & wait for it......another "New Year's Day 6 bowl game".......now, back to your places, and let it go already. If UCF mattered, they would be N!!! just saying - that is why he left, justified!

UCF's stock may be worth investing if they were in a Power conference and holding their own. Right now they are an unproven commodity

Reactions: EATAFAT1
Nothing against UCF, their fans, or their football team, but life's about to get tough for them. They'll likely lose today, will lose their bowl game, and will have a losing record at the midpoint of the season next year.

They had a great two year run, though, and they'll always have that - I remember when Nebraska was a great team during that one 40 year period, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bold Words
Let’s check in on things in a couple years when .500 seasons inevitably return to Orlando...

UCF should never have .500 seasons. They are located in talent-rich Florida and play in a conference with the likes of East Carolina, UConn, Temple, Navy, Tulsa, etc. They should always be the most talented team in their conference.

I'm sure Scott Frost regrets the big pay raise and all the love he has received in a down year.Laughing

His first year at UCF was far worse, he made a marked improvement in year two. Over 150 more yards of offense and over two more touchdowns. If he does that with Nebraska ( in a much tougher conference) they will have an Oklahoma type season.

No team outside of Ohio State or Penn State can put up more than 40 points a week in the B1G. If he does that I seriously doubt he will regret taking over his alma mater. He may turn the B1G West into the Big 12 in a couple years. Don't believe me, look at how Urban Meyer changed the B1G East.

UCF is a program on the rise, they have a huge alumni base. A pretty good stadium atmosphere, a fun and exciting brand of football , a conference they should always contend in and the best recruiting base in the nation. If they continue to win games and garner more respect, they may make the playoff soon. Heck they may get an invite from a desperate Big 12 conference lookinh to grow their geographical reach. Stop looking back at your past, you have a great future and Scott Frost helped to get you headed in that direction.

He wanted to go home, you cant really fault him for that.

Reactions: 8lack5hirt
UCF has the 126th toughest schedule in the country, you know who has the 125th? NDSU, an FCS team. They arent a national power. They are a historically C- student who brought home a couple A's in Health and Home Ec. National Powers dont as Frost put it "just got the left overs that UF FSU and Miami didnt have places for"

Here is our laugh for the day.....Laughing

Orlando Sentinel:

The questions have been asked a zillion times over the last couple of weeks regarding Scott Frost and his decision last season to leave UCF for Nebraska?

• Do you think he regrets it?
  • Do you think he is having second thoughts?
  • Do you think if he had it to do over again, he would still take the Nebraska job?
Yes.

Yes.

And yes.

Of course, he regrets it and is having second thoughts. Who wouldn’t? Such psychological mind games are only natural when you leave a place you love and a team you turned into a national power to take over a struggling, dilapidated program elsewhere — even if it is your alma mater.

Article and Video at link:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-cornhuskers-nebraska-20180924-story,amp.html
The question is.....do you regret hiring Harbaugh?

UCF should never have .500 seasons. They are located in talent-rich Florida and play in a conference with the likes of East Carolina, UConn, Temple, Navy, Tulsa, etc. They should always be the most talented team in their conference.
Then USF and Florida Atlantic should be world beaters, too. They ain’t. And neither will UCF, in time.

Reactions: Dave3
Excuse me if I missed something but why is a poster with the name gobluepuremichigan posting on this boarding as a Husker fan?
He's a fan of both schools, been here since toward the beginning of the season. He's posted some good info in the past.

Reactions: Bold Words
I dunno - Maybe Frost will stabilize NU, get the program back on its feet and heading in the right direction. Then, when his contact is up head back to UCF.

The first sentence above is likely to happen. The second sentence won’t.

If UCF and Nebraska Football were both stocks, which one would you buy as a long term investment? Now, run along.
It would appear to me that Frost gets 5 MILLION reasons each and every year to be happy he chose to come home to NU........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT