ADVERTISEMENT

Betts signing on Friday

should have, I for one have been repeating myself over and over again that he is on path. There has even been a few recent write ups done saying he’s on path to make it academically. Some of our guys on this board hear something once and they automatically think that’s just it...no way it can change. Grades can go down or UP. He’s been working hard to make it to campus this fall. Good for Zavier Betts on proving some wrong about him.

Last edited:
Good news that he's heading in the right direction, but per the article he isn't there yet and has work to do next semester. Frost & Co. feel good about the progress he's made and are allowing him to sign now.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Good news that he's heading in the right direction, but per the article he isn't there yet and has work to do next semester. Frost & Co. feel good about the progress he's made and are allowing him to sign now.

He’s gotten this far. Do think he’s really going to give up on the final stretch when he’s gotten himself this close? I don’t...neither does Frost and the staff. This means he’s on path and as long as he keeps working at it, he will make it...GBR

should have, I for one have been repeating myself over and over again that he is on path. There has even been a few recent write ups done saying he’s on path to make it academically. Some of our guys on this board hear something once and they automatically think that’s just it...no way it can change. Grades can go down or UP. He’s been working hard to make it to campus this fall. Good for Zavier Betts on proving some wrong about him.

Or the fact NE schools are corrupt and are just helping him get into college. None of us know the answer. I'm glad he's coming and don't need to know the details.

Or the fact NE schools are corrupt and are just helping him get into college. None of us know the answer. I'm glad he's coming and don't need to know the details.

yep that’s it...what ever you want to believe. And personally, I could give a crap less how he does it. Just as long as he makes it...GBR

So why didn’t he sign yesterday? What changed in one day?

No clue... maybe Frost wanted to see first hand he’s on path and looking good? No idea. I don’t think any of us know the complete details on the whys and how’s of this. Only thing I can think of is maybe Frost wanted to see first hand alls looking good first??? This does show good though...

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
giphy.gif

Reactions: Wannabee8
I think it went kinda like this...

But in all sincerity, congrats to him for achieving his academic goals. #GBR

Last edited:
Don't remember the posters name, but someone has crow for supper tonight and extra helpings

My wife teaches at a school that has about 5 division 1 recruits year with 2 or 3 being power 5 level recruits. She is approached at the start of each school year with the 1 or 2 that have serious work to do on the academic side in order to qualify and has essentially been the go to person to get the academics in order. It is a ton of work for her and the players but takes a commitment from the HS coach, principal, and parents. Oftentimes the primary recruiting coach from the college also needs to be involved to make sure the player is doing their part.

It doesn't always work out but for the most part it does, in the real success situations the parents involvement is what really makes it work.

The last two players she worked very closely with both ended up at B1G schools. One player was not that committed to the process and the school would not let him sign his letter until I believe April, once they knew everything was going to work out. He redshirted as a freshman and is in the two-deeps as a redshirt freshman, and most importantly has stayed eligible, he finally figured it out, almost too late. The other player was the exact opposite. He and more importantly his father bought in right away and the kid actually graduated early, enrolled in the spring and saw significant time as a true freshman. He easily could have fallen to the wayside but everyone involved made sure he got the work done.

It helps that the high school coach has a Super Bowl ring and can talk the talk, knows what is at stake. My wife just met with him this week to gauge what is in the pipeline to maybe get an early start this spring with some kids. One interesting side note is she now will get called in to meet with coaches when they visit the school. She now has contacts with most of the B1G recruiters, a few from the SEC, and a ton from the mid majors. I get a little jealous when she says Ferentz or Lovie is coming in the next day. Now if I could just get her to direct some of these kids to Iowa or Nebraska I would be even happier.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
And Wandale is gone. JD is gone. Moos is drunk in public weekly. This board is the National Enquirer of CFB.SickLaughing
Fake news!! Just keep throwing crap out and maybe they'll eventually be right. But then again.....

The only kids who don't still have "work to do next semester" are the early enrollees.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So he's there, he just cant go slacking off into old habits and has to keep on keeping on like he's been doing. Why are people choosing to be negative and assume he won't make it? No one's gonna give you a pat on the back for being right about him failing if he does.

Reactions: timnsun
Are you referring to the Deborah’s? Lol

Are you referring to the Deborah’s? Lol

not exactly sure..;)

i just love the fact he’s got his grades up and on the correct path to make it academically when a few fans absolutely gave him no chance and claim he wouldn’t make, no chance he makes...so on. Time for eating crow will happen soon because I don’t see Betts giving up now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT