ADVERTISEMENT

Better than this

That last drive Nebraska had is a perfect example of bad coaching. You're in good field position, spreading them out, run your qb or get your back the ball, you don't have to pass it all over the place on every play as there was plenty of time to move down the field.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
NU is better than this! What is going on?
Think Nebraska is a case of blinded by love. We were all blinded by Frost and thought he was going to come here and be amazing. We aren't good. There is no sugar coating it, Frost is not a magician. At this point he may not even be a championship level coach. These 2 weeks the team looks undisciplined. The coaches have been outmatched on both sides of the ball by sub par teams. We are not good, and we will be very lucky to win 3 games this year. Last week, we could at least say we had emotion. At some point we need more than emotion to win games.

That last drive Nebraska had is a perfect example of bad coaching. You're in good field position, spreading them out, run your qb or get your back the ball, you don't have to pass it all over the place on every play as there was plenty of time to move down the field.
Bad coaching. Frost and co should be better than this.

So many preventable mistakes. I hoped Frost could clean up the sloppy play from previous years. But geesh, it’s been worse this year.

Of course, having an NAIA level QB starting the game was killer. The defense only gave up 17 points, which should have been good enough. But another missed FG, punt return, and horrible 3rd down conversions (probably due to the limitations of the QB) and here we are.

Reactions: Chuck003
His first year at ucf was very similar.. lets hope his second year is like it as well...

I know Frost inherited a giant barrel of dog crap and I don't care all that much about the W-L record this year. But, I did expect better than this. So many stupid mistakes, slow-developing play calls that had little chance of success and an O-line that looks like it's picking up right where it left off last season.

Think Nebraska is a case of blinded by love. We were all blinded by Frost and thought he was going to come here and be amazing. We aren't good. There is no sugar coating it, Frost is not a magician. At this point he may not even be a championship level coach. These 2 weeks the team looks undisciplined. The coaches have been outmatched on both sides of the ball by sub par teams. We are not good, and we will be very lucky to win 3 games this year. Last week, we could at least say we had emotion. At some point we need more than emotion to win games.
That pretty much sums it up.

62I9Zj.png

Reactions: RottingChrist
Agree. Had two minutes and a time out. Took 3 or 4 minutes on previous drive and showed patience. Then make it obvious on what we are going to do.

Straight up sh*t show right now. The coaches will have to earn their keep this year by how they can keep the team focused. Probably learn a lot about the staff by seeing how much fight the team has if it continues the same route it is going now.

Lots of mistakes and plenty of blame to go around. Gotta say the Zebras sucked pretty badly. All in all about a 3 on my weird shitometer.

So many preventable mistakes. I hoped Frost could clean up the sloppy play from previous years. But geesh, it’s been worse this year.

Oregon Ball is not disciplined. If you wanted a highly-disciplined team, we hired the wrong coach. We should have hired a Barry Alvarez/Wisconsin disciple if we wanted that.

The question is will Oregon Ball work against teams like Wisconsin? I have my doubts. It can work against the soft Pac-12 and AAC. Big Ten defenses are another story.

Last edited:
SF said at the B10 media days that teams “better get us now.” Well, they’re gettin. Hopefully the implied part of the statement predicting future success will be just as accurate.

Reactions: timnsun
Oregon Ball is not disciplined. If you wanted a highly-disciplined team, we hired the wrong coach. We should have hired a Barry Alvarez/Wisconsin disciple if we wanted that.

The question is will Oregon Ball work against teams like Wisconsin? I have my doubts. It can work against the soft Pac-12 and AAC. Big Ten defenses are another story.
Bingo!

We still have 3 of the worst starting offensive linemen in the conference.

Guys like Martinez (and Armstrong his senior year) can cover that up a bit.. guys like Lee and Bunch cannot.

Doesn't matter who the coaches are when the OL is bad and/or lazy you lose.
This.
I cannot believe the anti-Frost stuff I am seeing on this board after only two games. Throw out the star rankings of our offensive lineman, because in reality we have one of the worst offensive lines of any P5 team. I think Frost knows this which is why he chose Martinez over Gebbia. He knew he was going to need a QB with some serious wheels to overcome the shit show that this offensive line has become.

Anyone who thinks a coaching staff can turn an awful line into a good line after 8 months of weights and practices is smoking something. More than any other position group the offensive line needs development and choreography. And if your line is playing like a pack of school girls it affects your play calling: especially if you are starting a redshirt freshman walk on QB in his first game.

Our defense did not play "great". But they only gave up 17 points and played well enough to win that game. And had our offense sustained more drives I doubt the defense even gives up 17.

Special teams sucked but the miscues there would not have been game altering had we been further ahead in the first place. Their punt return would not have happened had our offense not gone three and out inside our own ten.

Make no mistake... the loss yesterday was squarely on the shoulders of a really awful offensive line. It will take time to fix that. That sucks but it is the reality. I hope we take a few more really good offensive lineman in this recruiting class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT