ADVERTISEMENT

Better or worse

QB - upgrade, but that's partially due to talent around QB

WR- upgrade

RB- upgrade

TE- downgrade

OL- wash, but only because of Center. That unit is moving away from being the youngest offensive line in the Big Ten last season. It's kind of undervalued reality in this league. Minnesota's offensive line averaged 23 years old last season. Nebraska was like 20.4 years old on average.

DL- wash but with improved pass rush.

LB- upgrade. Nebraska's linebackers have played and started a lot of football games.

CB - downgrade- group has talent, but they're losing a 2nd round draft picks.

S - wash - group will be more athletic, but you can't diminish the value of experience. Huskers lost 40+ combined starts at Safety.
Only in the B1G is having average (at best) players who have no other option but to stick around for 5+ years ‘underrated’

hilarious

I would say going from a glorified Wing-T offense due to our previous quarterback’s inability to play the position literally at all even after 40 games to now going to a wide open offense featuring a gunslinger tells you all you need to know about how much of an upgrade we have under center

add in the want-to and it’s night and day

Thanks to all for a lively discussion, I think it's what's needed more on this site. Again, thanks!
Fact is, this forum has slowed to a crawl. Even though TruHusker and I disagree it's still fun to volley back and forth.

With all the seriousness in the world today, I find it refreshing to agree or disagree with some to at least spice things up a bit.

Discussing politics is pretty boring because the scenery changes daily. At least with NU football, its a subject we all have opinions on, and although the scenery changes, at least we have the same motive: We, or at least speaking for myself, want to return to respectability.

Personally, I'm sick of this lousy brand of football.

A CBS (fwiw) poll just yesterday listed the 65 Power 5 football coaches, and SF weighed in at # 53.

He is the lowest rated coach in all of the Big Ten, and who can argue with that? So let's not think that myself and others who have dismissed SF as a viable head coach are the only ones who feel that way.

As a head coach, I put SF in the same category as Sarkisian, Charlie Strong, Butch Jones, all chronic losers who have been and continue to get fired based on their record(s).

Only in the B1G is having average (at best) players who have no other option but to stick around for 5+ years ‘underrated’

hilarious

The number of offensive linemen who leave early for the NFL every season is roughly 5 to 7 dudes per draft. And that average age is still older than 21.

The total number of offensive linemen drafted into the NFL every season is roughly 40 to 45 players.

And that encompasses all conferences.

Across all Power 5 conferences, the teams with experienced offensive linemen, who have triple digit combined starts, are the teams that usually exert a ton of success.

The number of offensive linemen who leave early for the NFL every season is roughly 5 to 7 dudes per draft. And that average age is still older than 21.

The total number of offensive linemen drafted into the NFL every season is roughly 40 to 45 players.

And that encompasses all conferences.

Across all Power 5 conferences, the teams with experienced offensive linemen, who have triple digit combined starts, are the teams that usually exert a ton of success.
Triple digit combined starts is an average of 20 per position. Nearly two seasons of football.

Reactions: king_kong_
Players
2021 QB group or 2022
2021 WR/TE group or 2022 (Push)
2021 RB group or 2022
2021 OL group or 2022
2021 DL group or 2022 (Push)
2021 LB group or 2022
DB group or 2022

Coaches
OC Frost/ Lubick or Whipple
OL Austin or Raiola
QB Frost/ Verduzco or Whipple
RB Held or Applewhite
WR Lubick or Joseph
DL Tuioti or Dawson (Push)

Yes. And those dudes are old.

Lol. I completely shit all over your stupid point with facts.
how many teams will feature 100+ starts by their returning OL this year? how many last year? what was their combined records? did they, indeed, "exert" success (LOL)?

you posted the most no duh "fact" I've ever seen, and it had nothing to do with my point. answer those questions and I'll listen. or don't (because they likely don't back up your claim outside of 1 or 2 teams), and I'll know you're not only an idiot but also a coward.

give me all the Cam Jurgenses and none of the loser 6th year minn OL every single time

Reactions: leodisflowers
how many teams will feature 100+ starts by their returning OL this year? how many last year? what was their combined records? did they, indeed, "exert" success (LOL)?

you posted the most no duh "fact" I've ever seen, and it had nothing to do with my point. answer those questions and I'll listen. or don't (because they likely don't back up your claim outside of 1 or 2 teams), and I'll know you're not only an idiot but also a coward.

give me all the Cam Jurgenses and none of the loser 6th year minn OL every single time
I thought Cam was a horrible player. Addition by subtraction. Don't care about his measurables.. he couldn't snap the ball for shit and the rest of the line followed his lead.

edit: you could say almost the same thing about the QB position

Cam Jurgens had 20 career starts going into 2022 you dipshit.

And 4 of those Minnesota offensive linemen are now in the NFL. The 5th dude, a Center, is considered one of the top 5 centers in the 2022 draft.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I thought Cam was a horrible player. Addition by subtraction. Don't care about his measurables.. he couldn't snap the ball for shit and the rest of the line followed his lead.

edit: you could say almost the same thing about the QB position
He played hard and definitely improved.

cannot say the same about the QB position

I think in general that the skill positions are improved, but the trenches on both sides are not.

The wild card is how the team reacts to all these transfers coming in with their big NIL money.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT