ADVERTISEMENT

Bet Urbs is pissed

One less thing for Nebraska to worry about. He was injured anyway but even his presence on the sideline would’ve been intimidating.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Yes. Apparently to focus on the draft.
injury but didn't think he would quit the team? I figured he would recover and remain on the team. I get not wanting to reinjure it because that is a delicate injury and situation. I understand planning on going to the NFL after this season. But man, I would not quit the team. Stay and help them even if that is from the sideline.

injury but didn't think he would quit the team? I figured he would recover and remain on the team. I get not wanting to reinjure it because that is a delicate injury and situation. I understand planning on going to the NFL after this season. But man, I would not quit the team. Stay and help them even if that is from the sideline.

Welcome to current day college athletics.

It would be very difficult if he was physically able to play to watch with the team from the sideline, especially if the team needed him. You're one of us or you aren't. I understand his decision, but I don't think I could even watch the team play offsite if I was still eligible and healthy.

It's a shame for college football.

It would be very difficult if he was physically able to play to watch with the team from the sideline, especially if the team needed him. You're one of us or you aren't. I understand his decision, but I don't think I could even watch the team play offsite if I was still eligible and healthy.

They are still very much one of the favorites for the NC. If that isn’t motivation to return, what is?

I get the money is enticing, but for someone like him, he can do both...

College basketball says hello!!! Pro sports high salaries are going to ruin college sports

He made the right call for himself. Although I think it hurts the college game if this becomes a trend... similar to players sitting out meaningless bowl games.
I don't agree it is the right call. He isn't just leaving the team, he's leaving the university. Say what you want, but a college degree is still useful. I can understand his decision to leave the team if his plans are to get ready for the draft, but I don't understand how leaving college is required.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't agree it is the right call. He isn't just leaving the team, he's leaving the university. Say what you want, but a college degree is still useful. I can understand his decision to leave the team if his plans are to get ready for the draft, but I don't understand how leaving college is required.
Maybe Urban told him that if he stays and is on scholarship they expect him to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT