ADVERTISEMENT

Best starting pitcher in the Erstad Era?

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
I know the season just ended but I’m mentally and emotionally not ready to let it go. Probably because 24 hours ago I thought we were potentially heading to a Super Regional.

With that said, would you consider Matt Waldron the best pitcher in the Erstad era?

I do believe we’ve have a few good ones in Aaron Bummer, Kyle Kubat, Chance Sinclair, DeLeon, Jake Myers etc. but I’m not sure any of them had a sense for the strike zone like Waldron.

I want to say Bummer because 'stuff' right. But Matt certainly had the best senior season in recent memory. Really consistent and reliable.

I want to say Bummer because 'stuff' right. But Matt certainly had the best senior season in recent memory. Really consistent and reliable.
He had a stretch middle to late season that he got roughed up in a couple of consecutive starts but his walk to k ratio was almost unheard of. Kid has good command.

I know the season just ended but I’m mentally and emotionally not ready to let it go. Probably because 24 hours ago I thought we were potentially heading to a Super Regional.

With that said, would you consider Matt Waldron the best pitcher in the Erstad era?

I do believe we’ve have a few good ones in Aaron Bummer, Kyle Kubat, Chance Sinclair, DeLeon, Jake Myers etc. but I’m not sure any of them had a sense for the strike zone like Waldron.

Depends on what your criteria is for "best pitcher." If I needed a win I would be hard pressed to pick someone not named Jake Meyers.

Reactions: gunNrun
Depends on what your criteria is for "best pitcher." If I needed a win I would be hard pressed to pick someone not named Jake Meyers.
I always thought Jake Meyers was overrated, but he did seem to pitch his best in the biggest moments.

I always thought Jake Meyers was overrated, but he did seem to pitch his best in the biggest moments.

He wasn't the most talented guy I've ever seen but he was a gamer. I wonder what his stats would have looked like if he focused on pitching for three years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT