ADVERTISEMENT

Best 'Hitters' in Husker History?

I bet my boy Bernard Thomas hit the blunts real hard. SmokinSmokinSmokin

OEMTSSZVNJTJAVF.20040727231542.jpg

Someone mentioned forearm shivers. One of the coaches said George Andrews had the best forearm shiver ever. Would stun his opponent.

Reactions: Newbomb_Turk1
Oh I said bullet but I think they call them wedge busters for Kickoffs. I also think wedge blocking is illegal anymore?
Lance Gray, the designated Bullet on the 93-95 Squads! Corey Schlesinger, Joel Makovicka, Eric Crouch, Steve Carmer, Andy Means, Jim Pillen, Broderick Thomas, Neil Harris, Rich Glover, Larry Jacobsen, Maury and Steve Damkroger, Tyrone Byrd, I can keep goin but you get my point. All in all this program has had countless nasty and vicious hitters throughout it's long and storied history and you can add a guy named Tom Novak to that list as well.

Last edited:
Jared Crick
Kenny Bell
Ruud the Elder
LaVonte David
Anyone with the last name Makovicka

Jared Crick
Kenny Bell
Ruud the Elder
LaVonte David
Anyone with the last name Makovicka

I thought Lavonte needed mention. Whether or not it was the highlight impact, it was a dominant, efficient display of LB hitting the play hard.

I have a few picks. Mike Knox was the man when I was a kid. Dude would regularly have to get new facemasks due to his ability to destroy them. Toby Wright was a human trainwreck at the point of contact and shed years off his NFL career because of it. Dude was never healthy in the NFL. I will go with Quincy Enunwa on offense due to his ability to destroy unsuspecting defensive players who weren't playing with their head on a swivel.

Here is a funny highlight where T-Magic goes all Tragic and throws to a very covered receiver surrounded by four guys. Somehow the defense was able to pick off the pass. Uncanny. The poor dude that picked it then nearly gets murdered on the field by Q who came back to the play with very bad intentions. A scramble for the fumble occurs and the Huskers get the ball back. Yoshi Hardrick I think broke his hand real bad on the play during the scramble. Oh the days of T-Mart at QB.

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Mike Petko and those oversized shoulder pads. Winking

54605ca5105d0756743c611ad0431ff9.jpg

tenor.gif

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT