ADVERTISEMENT

Best Der Weiner Schlinger in Husker History

Suvey101885

Sophomore
Dec 2, 2004
Omaha
Who has the best trigger finger all-time for firing hot dogs into the stands?
Doc+Sadler+Taking+Aim.JPG

He was a lawyer if I remember correctly. HedH throw you the dog, unwrap it, put your money in the dog wrapper, wad it up and throw it back to him. Tada, no trash..... brilliant.

By the way, anybody remember Mad Mike with the drum? And who was the old guy that would walk around the stadium, black sunglasses, relatively tall, carried signs around and led cheers in different sections.

Mad Mike didn't really catch on with the student section but the old guy was kinda revered.

AND then, there was the Lincoln city cop that used to jump up the cement sections on the south side of east stadium.

Willie Grummert. This was in the 60’s long before compressed air. Willie could fling hot dogs accurately and for distance. Hot Dogs cost a dime in those days and Willie’s sales yell for was “Eat it for a dime”. He sold a lot of hot dogs. Willie was from Fairbury.

Reactions: StrongArm517
Willie was a fraternity brother and had a screw or two loose. I saw him last year at a game. He must weigh 300 lbs. Wore a shirt that said call 1-800-WILLARD. I never called the number, but, knowing Willie, it could be his. He graduated as an engineer, went to Vietnam and had a good career.

Remember hundreds of people would throw wadded up foil at the same time the one with the money was thrown also. No way he collected any of the money for those dogs!

The police officer (immulating Mario from Mario Bros in jumping steps up the side of East stadium stands, and kind of looked like SuperMario too) was PJ Schnieder. Don't know if he's still on the force or not. Really nice person.

GBR

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT